Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN RESPONDS TO TRIBUNE ARTICLE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: November 19, 2006, 04:36:35 PM

Copyright 2006 PewterReport.com

Just minutes after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Washington Redskins 20-17 at Raymond James Stadium to move to 3-7 on the season, Pewter Report asked head coach Jon Gruden about a report by Ira Kaufman in Sunday’s Tampa Tribune that alleged that he was putting out “feelers” to the Dallas Cowboys regarding employment next year.

While being somewhat diplomatic about the article because the Tampa Tribune is a Pewter Partner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Gruden was clearly agitated by the report and was animated in his response to it.

“Some (expletive) idiot wrote that article, okay?” Gruden said. “I’m committed to being in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It’s the only job I’ve ever wanted. I’d like to let you feel this (Chucky face) right now – anybody saying that. Do you know what I mean? I’m here as long as the Glazers will have me. It’s the greatest franchise in football. We’re on our way up and we have a lot of young guys playing. Somebody pointed that out to me (the article) and that’s laughable, really. I like the Tampa Tribune. I subscribe to it, but whoever wrote that article needs to have his head examined. I don’t like that.”

Stay tuned to more post-game Bucs coverage on PewterReport.com.

#1 : November 19, 2006, 04:37:55 PM

I love Chuck for that type of response..lol

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2006, 04:38:47 PM

Bwaaa ha ha ha!

Kaufman sucks warty donkey sacks!

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2006, 04:40:04 PM

Classic Gruden, just proves that the local papers are a complete joke on covering the Bucs.

bucfan11

Starter

#4 : November 19, 2006, 04:41:52 PM

Great to hear!   I love the strong denial.  Gruden is the best guy out there to coach the Buccaneers, in my opinion.  

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : November 19, 2006, 04:42:41 PM

Yeah i'm sure that he is going to say that he wants to leave and that the article is accurate. Seriously, why even ask him? What do you think he is going to say? That this team is a loser and he wants out?

He said what he would say whether or not the article is true.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 19, 2006, 04:44:56 PM

His agent would only be prudent to let those franchises know Gruden could be available.  I highly doubt the Glazers would be dumb enough to ditch him but with the pressure from Gooberville they might buckle.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 19, 2006, 04:53:14 PM

Yeah i'm sure that he is going to say that he wants to leave and that the article is accurate. Seriously, why even ask him? What do you think he is going to say? That this team is a loser and he wants out?

"Mr Gruden, when did you stop beating your wife?"

Pious12

Practice Squad

#8 : November 19, 2006, 05:31:32 PM

Kaufman is a reptile.  All he cares about is his how much controvesy he can generate with his articles.  Dumb*** loser!!

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#9 : November 19, 2006, 07:25:22 PM

Happens all of the time. 

I do like it when a coach goes off on the media, Parcells & Ditka are my favs for yelling at the media.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 19, 2006, 07:28:49 PM

If Kaufman can't verify his story, I think he should be fired.

replica

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 19, 2006, 07:31:28 PM

Sorry bro, gotta disagree..|Why would Gruden sound so passionate about it? Calling him an (Expletive))???? That does not sound like someone covering their a$$.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#12 : November 19, 2006, 07:32:48 PM

If Kaufman can't verify his story, I think he should be fired.
I'm not one of the ones that wants to have Gruden's love child, but I have to agree with you.  The Bucs, Gruden, the fans, nor the community need this BS from the local media.  Maybe Kaufman works for the  Philly paper part time.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 19, 2006, 07:35:17 PM

Odd, even Cummings, who usually is leading the charge to run Gru out of town, thought this was crap...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 19, 2006, 07:47:01 PM

Kaufman = Duemig in print.  Call id shock journalism at it's best.  He got everybody to flinch.  Even the coach.  Caused a stir and got a rise.  When will we get used to these schmucks writing this crap and stop reading it...I wouldn't have know if the media hadn't have jumped all over it and fueled the fire...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN RESPONDS TO TRIBUNE ARTICLE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools