Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN RESPONDS TO TRIBUNE ARTICLE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Larry Brackins

Starter
#30 : November 19, 2006, 11:51:08 PM

It better not be true.

That is all I will say.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 19, 2006, 11:51:58 PM

Kaufman, who is the Trib's NFL writer, was not present. He was at the Dallas-Indy game.

That's even more spineless and gutless
And that is the truth at it's finest.  Good point.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 19, 2006, 11:52:55 PM

I have written a letter to the editor of the Tribune via their online link to voice my displeasure with the "article" if we can even call it that.

I strongly suggest as many of us as possible do the same.  Its time for us to stand up for our coach and our team against this type of garbage from the local media.  Jon deserves better, the team deserves better, and our city deserves better.

Post the link, and I am on it!

I wrote Cummings a nasty E-mail last year.  He wrote back...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 20, 2006, 12:09:24 AM

How dare Kaufman do his job! How dare he not put the welfare of the Bucs ahead of his
job! Jason, your post seemed to say it all. Nice job.

Hey, if he's wrong, he should be reprimanded. But let's not assume anything at this
point.

Kaufman pulled this out of thin air? And how would you know that? Answer: You
don't. And neither do I. We'll have to see what Kaufman says in response.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 20, 2006, 12:16:01 AM

I am certainly not saying this is true or not, but why would you just pull something like this out of the thin air with nothing behind it at all?

If concocted, the the reason you do it is to further disrupt the team. If someone were hoping for a Gruden firing, this would be the sort of thing to help move in that direction if it has an impact on the team. You get the players questioning whether or not their coach is headed out of town.
Agreed.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 20, 2006, 12:44:16 AM

I have written a letter to the editor of the Tribune via their online link to voice my displeasure with the "article" if we can even call it that.

I strongly suggest as many of us as possible do the same. Its time for us to stand up for our coach and our team against this type of garbage from the local media. Jon deserves better, the team deserves better, and our city deserves better.

Post the link, and I am on it!

I wrote Cummings a nasty E-mail last year. He wrote back...

www.tbo.com/news/opinion/

scroll down and look to the left. There is a form there to write a letter to the editor.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 20, 2006, 01:00:48 AM

I sent the editor a nasty.  Thanks JD.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 20, 2006, 01:47:31 AM

If concocted, the the reason you do it is to further disrupt the team. If someone were hoping for a Gruden firing, this would be the sort of thing to help move in that direction if it has an impact on the team. You get the players questioning whether or not their coach is headed out of town.

Agreed.

And they call me a conspiracy theorist! What a joke. Yeah, Kaufman is hoping for Gruden to get fired so
he made up a story. Are you guys drinking still?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 20, 2006, 02:42:55 AM

The media wants Gruden out the door and so does I'd say about 30 to 40% of the fans.

Remember last year I think it was, an idiot in the media was making fun of Gruden's brother getting a DUI? That proved how low they will go.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 20, 2006, 02:47:56 AM

The media wants Gruden out the door? That sounds like a blanket statement.
Can you back it up with some facts?

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 20, 2006, 02:58:19 AM

I'm not taking this particularly seriously to be honest.  But if I even cared, I would want to know exactly what constitutes a "feeler"...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 20, 2006, 05:34:10 AM

Printing this story now, whether he has credible sources or not, serves only one purpose. I find that disreputable. He could have waited until offseason and followed up with his source.

Kaufman is a newsman, he isn't a fan of the team. It isn't his responsibility to hold news or shield the team from negative reports. If he's got a source who says Gruden is looking for an exit strategy, then he needs to report it. Its what he gets paid for...and he gets paid better if he gets it before anyone else does.

Its the same thing as Stroud putting the "Dungy fired if we lose" article the day of the 01 Eagles playoff game. It completely sucked for the Bucs and I truly believe contributed to the team's performance...but he was right....he had a good source (the GM) and he scooped everyone.

That's his job. Right or wrong. They report the news and whatever happens happens.
I agree he is a newsman and if its true then he should report it.  The question is if its true. Somebody mentioned Dan Rather. He didn't check his sources. He went with a story that couldn't be corroborated. Whatever happened to him anyway? Oh yeah he resigned because of it.

I don't think you can say Kaufman wrote this in an unbiased manner.   He was the one who added the slant that Gruden might be looking for a way out of his current contract, yet he did not present a shred of evidence to suggest that.  Kaufman took sending out feelers (which could be just in case he got fired) to mean Gruden wants out, and that was the whole article basically.  Kaufman did not say a word about what his source specifically told him.  He has connected the dots for the reader, which shows bias.

Anyway he is a sportswriter so having a slant to the article is not unusual. But it comes down to whether he is telling the truth about his source or not.  He has been called laughable and an idiot by Gruden.  Its up to the Tribune to stand behind their writer...or not.

replica

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 20, 2006, 08:11:31 AM

The media wants Gruden out the door? That sounds like a blanket statement.
Can you back it up with some facts?

Either you do not pay attention to what is written or you are just trying to get a rise out of people. Which is it Joe?

BucsAddict

Starter

#43 : November 20, 2006, 08:18:28 AM

eh, this is the same guy who was pining for the Notre Dame job and completely denied yet.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 20, 2006, 08:26:52 AM

eh, this is the same guy who was pining for the Notre Dame job and completely denied yet.
What?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN RESPONDS TO TRIBUNE ARTICLE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools