Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN RESPONDS TO TRIBUNE ARTICLE « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#60 : November 20, 2006, 02:21:41 PM

The difference is that Reid has never won the big one.  Gruden did (and spare me the Dungy's team BS).  This should buy a coach considerable respect and the goobers in Tampa are most of the media too.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#61 : November 20, 2006, 02:27:30 PM

JP Peterson is an idiot! Did anyone hear what he said today? He said he wasn't "calling for Gruden's head" but that he was "excited when I read the story because maybe we can get a few draft picks and a new regime in here." And then he started touching on the Alstott conspiracy again.

First off, there is no conspiracy to stop giving the ball to Alstott. The reason we used Alstott in this game is because he has a good record against the Redskins. But notice at the goalline yesturday. They gave the ball to Alstott two times in a row and he was stopped cold. He lost a yard on the second carry. This is why he isn't used as part of the game plan. The fans need to let the Alstott thing go. If we run Alstott 10 times against the Cowboys, he'll get nowhere. We arn't playing the Skins again.

Second, we arn't going to get any draft picks for Gruden. So JP is living a dream there.

Third, how can you not be calling for Gruden to be fired but also claim to feel excited that feelers are out there?

What an idiot!

The media has obviously given up on Gruden. And the sad thing about it is that since 60% of Bucs fans are the most uniformed football fans I've ever met, they will follow whatever the media says. So I really don't blame Gruden if he is looking to see what else is out there. Because by next year, this going to get ugly.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#62 : November 20, 2006, 02:31:11 PM

This is the way the wind is blowing. Expect the media to be blown that way.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#63 : November 20, 2006, 02:33:09 PM

I would only expect Gruden to see what else could be available.  While I highly doubt the Glazers would be dumb enough to cast off Gruden when there is no obvious replacement who could do better, the noise of one of the most uneducated football towns in the league is getting louder.

Dungy's last team was 9-8, including an embarassing defeat to the Eagles where much of the team laid down.  Gruden came in and retooled the offense (over the kicking and screaming McKay's objections) and produced a SB winner.  Included was an incredible thrashing of the Eagles in the cold, which included two offensive TD's and sustained drives (which were completely absent in Dungy's two road defeats there).

Alstott is good for a decent run here and there but even in short yardage he is getting stopped almost all the time now.  I'm not dissing him in the least but this conspiracy nonsense is just horsepoop.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#64 : November 20, 2006, 02:39:31 PM

To me it sounds as if people are pining for Gruden.

They want him to be their HC, and why not?  The guy has won some big games, big time titles.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN RESPONDS TO TRIBUNE ARTICLE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools