Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we have to play the Cowboys...dear baby jesus help us « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

watson

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 20, 2006, 10:23:06 AM

I think that it all hinges on the offense's ability to run the ball effectively and the front 4 on D getting pressure on Romo.  One think that I noticed yesterday was how they kept rolling Romo to the right to get him out of the reach of Freeney.  I think that is due to Adams being very slow footed at this stage of his career and they know he can be had by the DE.  If the Bucs can get the Cowboys worried about Rice or White and make them commit more players to that side of the line then it might open up the middle for Hovan and Wymms.  Not saying it will happen, but it sure would be nice to see.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 20, 2006, 10:25:48 AM

Huge test for both sides of the ball.  It will definatley be a learning experience for all involved.

#32 : November 20, 2006, 10:25:56 AM

The 'Boys are an up-and-down team, though.  I don't think that we have much of a shot, but...we'll see. 

They've stabilized a bit here. Romo has helped them immensely since Drew Bledsoe has SoB disease where he'll just break your heat 1-2 times per game. They play good defense - especially vs. the run, throw the ball well but aren't great running it still.  A few  weeks back I thought we had more of a shot at this than we do now. I'm leaning too much of the "we won big and will carry it over" and "they won big and will have a let down" type thinking right now.

I agree that Romo has stabilized them a bit, but Romo is not at the point in his career where I would call him "reliable".  One of these games, he's going to lay an egg.  I think that we do have a chance, if we can force Romo into some errors.

Again, though, I don't think that there are many rational reasons to predict a Bucs' win.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 20, 2006, 01:41:00 PM

I have no illusions of the Bucs winning this game; not this one. However, by half-time, the tryptophan might begin working. That might be a good thing.  ;D

#34 : November 20, 2006, 01:43:11 PM

We shouldn't even bother showing up on Thursday.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 20, 2006, 01:45:58 PM

We are going to beat the Cowboys....have faith, and if you don't have faith have a few beers. 

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 20, 2006, 01:50:16 PM

We are going to beat the Cowboys....have faith, and if you don't have faith have a few beers. 

I would love your faith on the matter, but I just don't see us beating the Cowboys if they play against us the way they played against the Colts (which are a much more sound team than ours if you look at the big picture). The Colts had, I believe, five turnovers. The Bucs are quite capable of that themselves. I would love for the Bucs to leave these last 11 days with a 2-1 record, but I just don't think Dallas is a game that will go the Bucs' way. Both teams have very short weeks, but I think Dallas has more areas in their favor this time. If it was next Sunday, at Tampa Bay; I'd say we might have a chance.

#37 : November 20, 2006, 01:52:18 PM

Sarcasm noted. ;) I'm one of the biggest homers around here, of course I think we'll kick Dallas' asses.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 20, 2006, 01:53:57 PM

Can we run against the Cowboys 3-4?  That is the question.  Maybe, just maybe, this young o-line has all the pieces in place now to come together and blow the other team off the ball.

If the Bucs can take the air out of the ball Thursday they have a chance.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 20, 2006, 01:55:19 PM

I am serious, we will win.  being such an underdog is a huge advantage.

Cowboys 20 Bucs 23 or 24

#40 : November 20, 2006, 01:56:57 PM

I am serious, we will win.  being such an underdog is a huge advantage.

Cowboys 20 Bucs 23 or 24
I'm with you MJ, I think we'll embarrass the Cowgirls.

Bucs-24
Cowgirls-7

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 20, 2006, 01:57:49 PM

If the Bucs can take the air out of the ball Thursday they have a chance.

Literally taking the air out of the football might actually be a good option. Let's see Romo throw a flat spiral. Where's the deflator?  ;)

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 20, 2006, 01:59:14 PM

Get ready for a beatdown.........

Bucs-45
Cowgirls-6

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 20, 2006, 02:00:36 PM

Get ready for a beatdown.........

Bucs-45
Cowgirls-6

You left the decimal point off.

Bucs 4.5
Cowboys 6

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 20, 2006, 02:01:14 PM

MJS, when all of my kids were babies; I expected them to reach their milestones faster than their peers. It took me a while to realize that all babies reach those milestones at different times, and I was expecting too much for them to produce results right away. It's the same way, for me, with the Bucs. I don't see it anymore this year. There was a glimmer early on, but I just don't see it anymore. I'm glad you do; however.  :) I see other teams in the NFL right now running, walking, and talking, and the Bucs are just beginning to grip the sides of the chair in order to stand upright. But, I think the results will come in time. The good news is; there are also some teams who are just learning how to roll over.  ;D

:

Hide Tools Show Tools