Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REPORT: Miles to bring Tenuta in as DC at MICHIGAN! « previous next »
Page: 1

matt

Starter

: December 01, 2007, 11:09:29 AM

http://mgoblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/espn-reporting-miles-tenuta-to-michigan.html

!!!

Didn't see it, so can't tell you how strong it was: apparently it was reported as 'breaking news', FWIW. Nothing on the website yet save this announcement Pelini will be Nebraska's new coach.

For those unfamiliar with Tenuta, he was the good half of Georgia Tech the past six years, consistently putting out defenses bad-ass enough to send Reggie Ball to bowl games despite having only scanty talent at Georgia Tech. He coached at Ohio State from 1996 to 2000 as a DBs coach and, in his last year, defensive coordinator. Hiring him would be awesome.

I'm actually more excited about Tenuta than Miles. It will be interesting to see who Les brings in to replace OC Mike DeBord.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 01, 2007, 01:57:16 PM

As Lee Corso says..."Not so fast my friend!"  Looks like Miles is staying at LSU according to ESPN.com...http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3136536

matt

Starter

#2 : December 01, 2007, 03:43:15 PM

As I said on the other Les Miles thread, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Here is the post from another board that I posted on the other thread:

After some time to reflect, here is what is really going down:

a) There is an agreement between Miles and LSU. But it only gets signed should Miles decide not to go to Michigan.

b) Miles wants to hear what Michigan has to offer and may still go to Ann Arbor, even with the agreement with LSU. The LSU AD probably knows full well that this is the case, but didn't reveal that to the press as both he and Miles want to see the team play well this afternoon.

c) There has yet to be an official meeting between Miles and Michigan

Nowhere can you find anything to refute these points -- so I think this story still goes on. Miles is obviously pissed at ESPN.

I guess I should have considered the source of this morning's erroneous report.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 01, 2007, 05:24:09 PM

I guess we will see, but from that ESPN article, Miles doesn't sound like he plans on setting up any kind of meeting to speak with Michigan...

"I am the head coach at LSU. I will be the head coach at LSU," Miles said Saturday. "I have no interest in talking to anybody else."

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : December 01, 2007, 10:17:10 PM

I guess we will see, but from that ESPN article, Miles doesn't sound like he plans on setting up any kind of meeting to speak with Michigan...

"I am the head coach at LSU. I will be the head coach at LSU," Miles said Saturday. "I have no interest in talking to anybody else."

Well, if he left himself an out it was in that comment Marley.

I am the head coach at LSU.  (yeah, you are Les.  Today that is.)
I will be the head coach at LSU (yeah, he will be, but he didn't say after this year)
I have no interest in talking to anybody else (nope, and why should he?  He already talked to Michigan, does he need to talk to any other teams?)

IMO it was carefully worded so as to be easily backed out of SHOULD he leave.  I am not saying he is, but saying if you really look at that statement it is worded so IF he does leave he can say he didn't lie like Nicktater.

Personally I hope he stays, just as I hope Bobby Bowden stays at FSU and even Shannon at Miami.  As long as those 3 are at those schools I think UF is in a better situation. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REPORT: Miles to bring Tenuta in as DC at MICHIGAN! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools