Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pittman Picture « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : November 30, 2006, 12:08:24 AM

Yeah, Pittman is sort of a waste. He is a good pass catcher but he has terrible insticts and terrible balance on the field. He runs upright and gets absolutely punished a lot but he does also dish out a lot of punishment. It's too bad that his guns are really never put to good use on the field, though. He could be a real special back with his build and speed but unfortunately he just doesn't have the intangibles to do it.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#16 : November 30, 2006, 12:45:07 AM

still hoping he can break the curse this year, or at least reach a 1000 in a season a feat he has yet to accomplish.

T

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 30, 2006, 08:22:19 AM

I bet he ate alot of spinach to get his arms like that.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 30, 2006, 01:07:04 PM

Yeah, Pittman is sort of a waste. He is a good pass catcher but he has terrible insticts and terrible balance on the field. He runs upright and gets absolutely punished a lot but he does also dish out a lot of punishment. It's too bad that his guns are really never put to good use on the field, though. He could be a real special back with his build and speed but unfortunately he just doesn't have the intangibles to do it.

Always seems like he wants to run through people instead of going around or juking for a few extra yards

I like to see a good hit but pick up the yards first

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 30, 2006, 02:25:42 PM

No, he has not EVER had a 1,000 yard rushing season.

The original post didn't say "rushing".

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 30, 2006, 01:25:06 PM

still hoping he can break the curse this year, or at least reach a 1000 in a season a feat he has yet to accomplish.

He's had six 1,000 yard seasons.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 30, 2006, 01:33:22 PM

Always seems like he wants to run through people instead of going around or juking for a few extra yards

I like to see a good hit but pick up the yards first
Well that is the whole point.  Pittman SHOULD be running through more tackles, stiff arming, breaking tackles, espescially considering his strength.  The fact is, he doesn't, has seldom exhibited the ability to do so, and it has always puzzled me.  True, I would like to see him juke, but it tells me he thinks of himself more as a power runner than a running back, who should be able to make cuts, change directions...but the power aspect seems to be lacking.

I think the DBs and LBs KNOW that all the have to do is hit him in the shoes and he goes tumbling down...

He is really a bodybuilder and that is all.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#22 : November 30, 2006, 02:17:49 PM

He's had six 1,000 yard seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12623

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 30, 2006, 02:20:32 PM

926 yards is the most he has ever compiled.

I think it was in 04.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 30, 2006, 02:27:09 PM

The original post didn't say "rushing".
Are you a lawyer? ::)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 30, 2006, 02:28:57 PM

Are you a lawyer?

No. Why?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#26 : November 30, 2006, 02:34:39 PM

When you are talking about a RB, you are talking about rushing. I needed to put that little technicality in there becuase hopefully in about 4 years I will be a lawyer. :)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 30, 2006, 02:37:07 PM

When you are talking about a RB, you are talking about rushing.

Well, I guess that may be true for some people.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pittman Picture « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools