Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A National Joke! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 02, 2007, 07:35:45 AM

The game of College Football is a joke due to the fact that tradition and greed is more important than allowing a system to take place to decide on the field who the true national champion is.  It is truly embarassing to watch coaches having to appeal to voters to put their team first, while the media who votes just sits back and laughs, knowing they will get to decide who plays in the big game.  IMO, Oklahoma gets the nod to play for the championship by beating the #1 team by 21 points in the last game of the regular season.  Ohio State getting to play in the national championship game is like the Dolphins winning their last game of the season and making the playoffs.  They will play for the championship because of their name and history; pathetic!!!!
Hawaii deserves to play in the big game before Ohio State does.  What a sad, sad, day in athletics when we the people allow greed to decide who wins a championship.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2007, 07:38:21 AM

If Ohio St. gets to play then it should be against Georgia.

Ohio St. is getting rewarded for NOT playing the past couple weeks... but Georgia will be punished for NOT playing the past couple weeks... that's BULL**CENSORED**.

If you wanna lock Georgia out... lock Ohio St. out....

I agree about Oklahoma... I'd put em against LSU. To me that would be a great game... much better than watching Ohio St. get destroyed yet again.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 02, 2007, 08:06:58 AM

The game of College Football is a joke due to the fact that tradition and greed is more important than allowing a system to take place to decide on the field who the true national champion is.  It is truly embarassing to watch coaches having to appeal to voters to put their team first, while the media who votes just sits back and laughs, knowing they will get to decide who plays in the big game.  IMO, Oklahoma gets the nod to play for the championship by beating the #1 team by 21 points in the last game of the regular season.  Ohio State getting to play in the national championship game is like the Dolphins winning their last game of the season and making the playoffs.  They will play for the championship because of their name and history; pathetic!!!!
Hawaii deserves to play in the big game before Ohio State does.  What a sad, sad, day in athletics when we the people allow greed to decide who wins a championship.

Agree CFB not the game but the way it is administered is the most CORRUPT sport on the planet.

All the blather about the regular season being a playoff is just a bunch of drivel..  Hawaii belongs in the MNC..   Who else belongs is up for debate?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 02, 2007, 08:28:02 AM

I hope the national championship is USC vs Georgia.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 02, 2007, 08:42:55 AM

The game of College Football is a joke due to the fact that tradition and greed is more important than allowing a system to take place to decide on the field who the true national champion is. It is truly embarassing to watch coaches having to appeal to voters to put their team first, while the media who votes just sits back and laughs, knowing they will get to decide who plays in the big game. IMO, Oklahoma gets the nod to play for the championship by beating the #1 team by 21 points in the last game of the regular season. Ohio State getting to play in the national championship game is like the Dolphins winning their last game of the season and making the playoffs. They will play for the championship because of their name and history; pathetic!!!!
Hawaii deserves to play in the big game before Ohio State does. What a sad, sad, day in athletics when we the people allow greed to decide who wins a championship.

Agree CFB not the game but the way it is administered is the most CORRUPT sport on the planet.

All the blather about the regular season being a playoff is just a bunch of drivel.. Hawaii belongs in the MNC.. Who else belongs is up for debate?

YA HAWAII...

this coming from the same guy bashin UF for playin Troy.... Wants HAWAII and their 142nd ranked schedule in the Championship game...

again...

idiot? yes? no?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 02, 2007, 09:02:35 AM

142 ranked schedule?  Your credibility is totally lost with that statement.. I guess we know the value of any other statements!

Uh How many Division One teams are there?     Oh and this Strength of Schedule what determines that?   Just about as credible opinion as yours!

Perception should not determine championships... Wins and losses should   That is why CFB needs a real playoff..

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 02, 2007, 09:22:47 AM

wow... you're truly an idiot.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt07.htm

apparently its been updated... so now precious hawaii has the 137th ranked schedule.

thanks for answering my comment with your post though.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 02, 2007, 09:33:11 AM

runole might be in trouble.  he actually pays attention to sagarin.  here's where he likes to start a whole different argument and proclaim himself some kind of internet winner.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 02, 2007, 09:42:49 AM

While I consider Sagarin SOS to be the best of what is out there it still is flawed with its perceptions..  It appears Sagarin has drunk from the cup of SEC BS!

How on  earth can you rank a team 137th in division one when there are only 118 teams?...   JMO but that doesn't show much credibility to me.

An idiot would be anyone that can't see that Sagarin isn't the God of ranking teams schedules... HECK ask Ray he spent all last season saying the same thing about Sagarin.

This year he ranks UF's schedule #9 and Hawaiis 137th ?    Think I would think there is a bit of an error there...  Just a thought!   

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 02, 2007, 09:50:21 AM

The only reason you think there's an error there is because you're insane hatred for everything gators clouds your basic reasoning ability.

How can you claim you think Sagarin SOS is the best of what is out there... and then bash it?

Either you like it or you dont... You're just pissed because you liked it up until you just proved you dead wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 02, 2007, 10:03:37 AM

I think SOS is a very flawed process that Sagarin is the best of such a flawed concept is his problem not mine. 

Perhaps you just don't have the ability to comprehend what I am posting.. 

I believe it is totally impossible to figure Strength of Schedule with 118 division one teams all playing different teams?

Sagarin is the best at this totally flawed concept.   Understand?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 02, 2007, 10:05:42 AM

so what you are saying is when sagarin supports your opinions you pay attention to it, but when it doesnt you disparage it.  got it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#12 : December 02, 2007, 10:17:20 AM

While I consider Sagarin SOS to be the best of what is out there it still is flawed with its perceptions..  It appears Sagarin has drunk from the cup of SEC BS!

How on  earth can you rank a team 137th in division one when there are only 118 teams?...   JMO but that doesn't show much credibility to me.

An idiot would be anyone that can't see that Sagarin isn't the God of ranking teams schedules... HECK ask Ray he spent all last season saying the same thing about Sagarin.

This year he ranks UF's schedule #9 and Hawaiis 137th ?    Think I would think there is a bit of an error there...  Just a thought!   

Actually, there are 119 D1 teams, 120 counting WKU who is in transition.

Why is there an error with UF being 9 and Hawaii 137?  Have you seen who each have played?  LOL!

I must say I do like Sagarin's PREDICTOR, which has UF #2.  PURE POINTS is also known as PREDICTOR, BALLANTINE, RHEINGOLD, WHITE OWL and is the best single PREDICTOR
of future games.

Hey, this Sagarin guy isn't half bad after all right runole?  I mean, when he makes a case for my team anyway!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 02, 2007, 10:34:59 AM

Yeah, way to follow up a National Championship season FU fans by going to what the toilet bowl game.  Yeah, you win one National Championship in how many years, you think you are all that and you still can't match up with the Noles.  You gotta let it go boys - you will never have a run like FSU had, so please just go enjoy your National Championship from last year and Tebow's Heisman this year because you are still walking in our shadows.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : December 02, 2007, 10:41:14 AM

LOL!

Love the FU comments.  That hostility sure is coming out now! 

Toilet Bowl?  No, that is reserved for teams that struggle to stay above .500 and only beat ONE team with a wining record all year.  You know, the Florida State FieldGoals!

Florida will be playing in a New Years Day game while FSU will pray to get in another Emerald bowl sometime around Christmas right?  Hey, at least the Criminoles will be able to party for New Years!

Never have a run like FSU had?  Yeah, UF will never be in a conference as WEAK as the ACC for 15+ years!  Thanks for pointing that out.  Of course, we all know Bowden admitted such which is why he did not want to join the SEC.  I can pull up HIS quotes if you like?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A National Joke! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools