Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A National Joke! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 02, 2007, 11:43:42 AM

Yeah, way to follow up a National Championship season FU fans by going to what the toilet bowl game.  Yeah, you win one National Championship in how many years, you think you are all that and you still can't match up with the Noles.  You gotta let it go boys - you will never have a run like FSU had, so please just go enjoy your National Championship from last year and Tebow's Heisman this year because you are still walking in our shadows.
Maybe when the Plague breaks out in Baton Rouge, Athens, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and Knoxville, the SEC will look like the ACC of the 90s and UF can match the streak no one but FSU fans care about.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gatorgirl!

Starter

#16 : December 02, 2007, 12:09:58 PM

I know you like to hate us. But I think finishing off in the top 10 with three losses is an amazing feat.  You did forget we lost our entire defense and a few offensive starters as well right?

You try to take a young team and finish off in the top 10 with one of the top 10 hardest schedules in the country.

The SEC would eat FSU alive. End of story.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 02, 2007, 12:19:52 PM

The SEC would eat FSU alive. End of story.

the ACC is doing just fine with that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 02, 2007, 02:30:16 PM

Yeah, way to follow up a National Championship season FU fans by going to what the toilet bowl game.  Yeah, you win one National Championship in how many years, you think you are all that and you still can't match up with the Noles.  You gotta let it go boys - you will never have a run like FSU had, so please just go enjoy your National Championship from last year and Tebow's Heisman this year because you are still walking in our shadows.
Maybe when the Plague breaks out in Baton Rouge, Athens, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and Knoxville, the SEC will look like the ACC of the 90s and UF can match the streak no one but FSU fans care about.

LMAO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 02, 2007, 02:30:58 PM

142 ranked schedule?  Your credibility is totally lost with that statement.. I guess we know the value of any other statements!

Uh How many Division One teams are there?     Oh and this Strength of Schedule what determines that?   Just about as credible opinion as yours!

Perception should not determine championships... Wins and losses should   That is why CFB needs a real playoff..

It's priceless when this guy questions someone else's credibility.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 02, 2007, 10:38:12 PM

Well, it's official!  Everyone knew this kind of thing would happen.  How in the world does anyone think Ohio State deserves a chance to play for the big game??  And now we know why there is a BCS system to begin with; Hawaii.  They are undefeated and deserve just as much of an opportunity to play in the big game as Ohio State, but they aren't a major conference; PATHETIC!!!!!
I'm just wondering, but is there another collegiate sport at any level, not decided by a playoff type of format?  I honestly believe that Div I football is the only one.  IT IS DISGUSTING THAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS MORE OF A REFLECTION OF THE GREED OF AMERICA RATHER THAN THE COMPETITION OF ATHLETES.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 03, 2007, 09:17:02 AM

LSU deserved it more then UGA.  They beat UT who ran game all over the Bulldogs this year. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 06, 2007, 01:07:42 AM

While we are left wondering who should really be playing for the National Championship, The rest of NCAA Divisional Football is enoying another great postseason of playoff football. 
I keep hearing sportswriters and media saying that the system got it "right" in regards to who is playing for the National Championship.  According to who? 
Who can make playoffs a reality in Div I Football?  the NCAA only?  Bowl Committee?  College Presidents?  Dare I say it, the fans?
Something needs to happen, that's for sure.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A National Joke! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools