Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When McCown sturggles early and the team falls behind, which they will..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 02, 2007, 01:03:39 PM

go home man, who are you rooting for? i don't understand some of these so called bucs fans. if you hate this team so much why do you pull for them. all this negativity sucks. trust me it could be a lot worse, i live in charlotte nc. you should here these fans. GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!

playboy, I've been here a while and as positive as they come but bringing a back-up QB on the road with an opponent who HAS to win isn't what this team needs. You call negativity I call it being real.

#16 : December 02, 2007, 01:54:07 PM

Look for Garcia to come into the game. Gruden is going to see if the team can sneak out a win without Jeff but with him being #2, there's a great chance Jeff plays in the game at some point. Once Luke vomits all over himself Gruden will have no other choice.

I thought it was grads that pukes all over himself.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#17 : December 02, 2007, 02:51:59 PM

Clayton reports that yet Garcia supposedly is begging the Bucs to let him start. The fact that he's the #2 QB means he's well enough to play; i.e. if this were a playoff game, he'd play, if we were a game behind the Saints or tied, he'd play; with a 2 game lead, the Bucs feel they can get it done without him. We'll see. The Saints D is cruddy, that's a known fact; i'm interested to see what Luke can do. Keep the game close, complete some passes early to loosen them up, get that 8th man out of the box; have the D step it up a few notches, and we'll walk out with a close victory IMO.

If Garcia is well enough to play than he should be starting. This game is too big to be messing around. The Saints D isn't that great, but they are better against the run then the pass, so running on them won't be a sure thing. And though their DBs suck, they have a good pass rush. Not good for a green QB who likes to hold onto the ball too long. I want Garcia out there if he's able. We win this game, then Garcia could rest the final three games if needed. If we lose, it'll be a dogfight until the end for the division and a playoff spot.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 02, 2007, 03:09:04 PM

I thought it was grads that pukes all over himself.

I didn't mean that literally, just a description of his play.......sure you can include Grads in that group too.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 02, 2007, 04:48:02 PM

Look for Garcia to come into the game. Gruden is going to see if the team can sneak out a win without Jeff but with him being #2, there's a great chance Jeff plays in the game at some point. Once Luke vomits all over himself Gruden will have no other choice.

Does starting 9 for 9 and 115 yards count as struggling early?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 02, 2007, 05:04:08 PM

EAT YOUR CROW!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 02, 2007, 05:04:15 PM

Love the way McCown puked all over that bomb to Galloway.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 02, 2007, 05:04:32 PM

Does starting 9 for 9 and 115 yards count as struggling early?

To be fair, he did say "early".  McCown still has time to go 0-10 on the Bucs next 4 possessions, maybe throw some INTs before the half   :P

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 02, 2007, 05:06:50 PM

So far, so great.

#24 : December 02, 2007, 05:13:14 PM

KeepOn had Luke confused with our JV qb. I hope I never see Grads under center EVER again.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 02, 2007, 05:17:16 PM

So either McCown = QB of future OR They dont have film on McCown so he'll be a lil bit better than Grads... idk...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 02, 2007, 05:18:13 PM

KeepOn had Luke confused with our JV qb. I hope I never see Grads under center EVER again.
Me either Hate, me either...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 02, 2007, 06:00:34 PM

16 of 18 for 219 yards and a TD in the first half. We're behind. If Gradkowski can't do it in the third quarter Garcia will in the fourth. Not to worry.

McCown can play and it's a big surprise for some here. Unbelieveable.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 02, 2007, 07:50:49 PM

I hope this was a good learning experience for Luke.  Nice to see him rebound from his key mistakes, and even lead the team to the winning Touchdown.  If we can just teach him to throw the ball away instead of getting sacks/safeties, he could really grow into Garcia's replacement.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 02, 2007, 07:59:32 PM

Once Luke vomits all over himself Gruden will have no other choice.

Oops.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When McCown sturggles early and the team falls behind, which they will..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools