Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Wouldn't Want to see this? Potential Playoff bracket..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 29, 2007, 03:23:37 PM

The NCAA is to blame.  Too fat and rich to do anything about it.

Possibly but it is "all" that benefit from the in the back pocket payoffs by the bowl people. Nothing to do with doing the RIGHT thing..  About the profits raked in by a few privileged on the bowl gravy train..

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 29, 2007, 06:26:57 PM

I'd love that bracket

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 29, 2007, 06:45:35 PM

So you add more games? how is THAT bad?

More money generated. Networks win. Schools win. NCAA overall wins.

No 50 day layoff? Doesnt that ensure teams dont go cold and we end up watchin a **CENSORED**ty Championship game?

How are cfb fans complaing about more games?

Finals week? So schedule around it. It aint hard.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : November 29, 2007, 06:42:48 PM

The bracket may not be perfect but I'd say it is much much better than what we currently have.  Too many teams?  I don't see why.  How come the other divisions have playoff systems that work with more teams?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 29, 2007, 06:49:10 PM

I don't think you need 16 teams, but why would a fan care about more games?  The layoff definitely sucks.  And if more games was a problem, we could get rid of some of the ridiculous nonconference games.

original

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 30, 2007, 10:47:31 AM

As much as I like the playoff idea, I don't think it will ever happen.  Colleges like the Bowls because 32 teams get to end the season on a winning high note.  32 teams get a boost in recruiting and 64 teams get a boost in athletic budget.  Football carries the athletic budget from HS through college.  The BCS system keeps the season for a reason, if you go playoffs, by the time the FSU FLorida game happens both teams would be resting players for the tourney.  Keep the BCS system and add 1 more game.  It would be 1 week after the top 4 play, winners move on.  Just look how bad NFL games are in the last week of the season. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 30, 2007, 01:19:26 PM

I like the concept but think it should be the top 16 teams in the rankings or the BCS confrence winners followed by the highest ranking teams left.  Troy, Central Michigan, UCF, and Brigham Young have no buisness being in this. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 30, 2007, 02:40:50 PM

I like the concept but think it should be the top 16 teams in the rankings or the BCS confrence winners followed by the highest ranking teams left.  Troy, Central Michigan, UCF, and Brigham Young have no buisness being in this. 

agree!!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 30, 2007, 10:18:49 PM

Every game that a college player participates in is another chance of getting seriously hurt.  I know that they could be hurt on any play during the year but think about it.  The NFL does not want this.  There is no way they should be playing four extra games IMO.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : December 01, 2007, 05:45:48 PM

I like the idea of giving the little guys a shot but I would like to think there is a better way to add them in than these conferences.

I do think, however, that I would MUCH rather see this than the current system. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 02, 2007, 11:20:55 PM

The little guys wouldn't be so little anymore with a legitimate playoff system, and that my friend is one of the many reasons why they fight any talk of playoffs.  Troy has just as much right being there as Va Tech.  They won their conference fair and square. 
Any playoff system would be better than the joke they have now.  I will not even watch the game.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 03, 2007, 11:22:46 AM

The little guys do not have the same right to be in the playoff.  They are not as talented as the number 3-4 school in a BCS conference.  The only thing allowing them into a playoff system would do is further disolve the tallent at each school.  You can not have 119 school with top level tallent, there just are not enough players in the nation.  UCF showed that they do not belong in the playoff when they got demolished by USF who wouldn't be in the playoff.  The lower level school are like that because their tallent isn't equal.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 03, 2007, 11:53:43 AM

Either they are division I or II.  If they are deemed a division I school, then they can play, it's that simple.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 03, 2007, 01:42:40 PM

You are correct their is basically a division 1 and division 2.  However, you can break division 1 into 1a and 1b like it curently is.  The BCS conferences have better player and better teams and that is the reason why they are the conferences that usually get invited to the bigger bowls.  Teams from the division 1b wouldnt be in the top half of most major conferences such as the Big12, SEC, ACC, BigEast...

East Carolina lost to every decent program they played.  These losses include Kansas, Purdue, NORTH DAKOTA STATE (they playy football?), Clemson, Eastern Michigan, and Miami(OH).  While beating national powers like Toledo, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Army, Kent State, Western Michigan, and Akron.  Their record of 7-6 should not get them invited to a playoff.

UCF lost to every good team they played including East Carolina, USF(but kickin), and Texas.  While beating the powers of North Carolina State, Memphis, Louisiana-Laf, Tulsa, Southern Miss, Marshall, UAB, Southern Methodist, and UTEP.

BYU lost to UCLA and Tulsa but they did have a decent win over Arizona who is an average at best BCS conference team.  Their other wins are aginst the great teams of Air Force, New Mexico, UNLV, Eastern Washington, Colorado State, TCU, Wyoming, Utah, and Sandiago State.  Not really a bunch of good teams that they beat, what have they proved?

Troy lost big to all the good teams they played and also had a loss to a bad team.  They lost to Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, and Florida Atlantic.  The teams they beat I didn't even know play football Oklahoma State, Louisiana-Laf, Louisiana-Monroe, Florida International, North Texas, Arkansas State, Western Kentucky, and Middle Tenn.  No much justification in having them in the playoff either.

Hawii has won all of their games and surely deserves to be in the playoff.  However, the teams in this conference like Hawii, Boise State, and Fresno State need to either get into a stronger conference of play stronger out of conference games.  Hawii teams like Northern Colorado, ouisiana Tech, UNLV 49-14, Charleston Southern, Idaho, Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico State, Fresno State, Nevada, Boise State, and Washington.

The bottom line is that none of these teams have done anything to justify themselves being in a playoff more then teams like Arizona State, Illinois, Boston College, Clemson, Tennesse, Texas, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Virginia, Auburn, USF, and Arkansas.  There are many other teams that I would put into a playoff before I put the number one team in a bad conference that plays a weak schedule.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Wouldn't Want to see this? Potential Playoff bracket..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools