Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy 156 total yards « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 20, 2006, 12:37:53 PM

Caddy decided he is giving up his dream of "Dancing with the Stars" for this week. 

The man was **CENSORED**footing around for much of the season behind the line.  Like most have noticed, he ran with some thump, and it payed off.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 20, 2006, 01:30:17 PM

Very true Chev, Caddy was danicing way to much early in the season instead of just hitting the hole while it was there even if it was a small one. In the beginning of the season it looked like he was trying to go 80 yards every carry. He was seeing the hole and hitting it last game and that helped the line out as well.

This was a collective effort I think. Caddy ran the ball with more power and didn't dance as much, plus the Oline was holding their blocks a little longer creating holes and blowing the skins off the ball.

Maybe it was good for Caddy to see Alstott pick up that chunk of yards on three carries by just poundidng the rock.

Dude, I totally agree with your post here.  I mean, yeah, I take it hard when the guys up front don't do their jobs.  And by in large, they haven't this year with any consistency.  It's totally a symbiotic relationship.  They need each other to make that all work.  But what I think was poignant was that Caddy himself said he was inspired by 40's effort.  I'll bet the olinemen were jacked up after that.  Well it showed, I don't have to tell you that if you watched the game.  That's the part of the game, in my mind, that gets little attention and bearing, however I'll bet none can measure the influence it had in the outcome. 

If we all agree that parity rules the league these days, then by contrast talent, health, and emotion drives the W/L's.  Emotion being the one trait each man is responsible for himself can ebb and flow with each game.  Let's hope we come out fired up like this on Thanksgiving, because we're going to need this kind of effort and more...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 20, 2006, 10:04:08 PM

If we all agree that parity rules the league these days, then by contrast talent, health, and emotion drives the W/L's.  Emotion being the one trait each man is responsible for himself can ebb and flow with each game.  Let's hope we come out fired up like this on Thanksgiving, because we're going to need this kind of effort and more...

I agree.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 20, 2006, 10:07:53 PM

Best game of the season for him and the line. I mean there were places to run and he ran there. He looked quick, powerful and aggressive - in other words a lot like last year. Goes to show if the line would ever stop sucking rocks he can run the darn ball.

Exactly.  So how does the line get fixed.  The eternal buccaneer question.  Damn.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 21, 2006, 12:16:28 PM

He played like an elite back today.  Now we need to be consistant...

Exactly how I felt. Its really rewarding to see Cadillac run for over 100 yards, and even more so when he proves to be a threat out of the backfield.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#20 : November 21, 2006, 12:32:31 PM

He played like an elite back today. Now we need to be consistant...

Its really rewarding to see Cadillac run for over 100 yards, and even more so when he proves to be a threat out of the backfield.

But, but, but, but, it was Alstott that got the party started!! Why didn't we keep giving him the pill! We don't need 20 plus carries and a 100 yards from a Caddy when we've got a Train!!

Sincerely,

Ron & Ian, 620 WDAE

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 22, 2006, 08:03:08 AM

He played like an elite back today. Now we need to be consistant...

Its really rewarding to see Cadillac run for over 100 yards, and even more so when he proves to be a threat out of the backfield.

But, but, but, but, it was Alstott that got the party started!! Why didn't we keep giving him the pill! We don't need 20 plus carries and a 100 yards from a Caddy when we've got a Train!!

Sincerely,

Ron & Ian, 620 WDAE

Mike seriously got the party started.  That's how Tony used hm with Dunn and for the ost part it worked.  I don't think Mike needs to be featured.  But I'd love to see him get 7+ carries a game...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy 156 total yards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools