Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy 156 total yards « previous next »
Page: 1 2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

: November 19, 2006, 07:37:48 PM

Nice to see him make a couple receptions and then use his ability in space to gain some serious YAC.

If this kid could devlop into a more complete receiver he becomes elite.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2006, 07:55:10 PM

he had IMO his best game of the year today.

He did alot of good things.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2006, 07:57:08 PM

He played like an elite back today.  Now we need to be consistant...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2006, 07:59:50 PM

He made a sweet catch that was thrown leading him.....I hope Mike Alstot starts catching like that too......OBD

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 19, 2006, 08:01:42 PM

After his coach's discussion during the week, I paid close attention to how he was playing today. He stopped all the **CENSORED**-footing around and just took the ball to the hole today. And he looked the ball in and made some nice catches. If he plays that way every week, he'll be very, very productive.

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 19, 2006, 08:05:56 PM

Definitely the best he has looked all year......in all areas.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2006, 01:53:29 AM

He looked like he did last year: Hard to stop.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2006, 02:07:24 AM

Its probably the best game hes ever had for us, all around.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 20, 2006, 02:37:17 AM

Hopefully this will be a big confidence builder.  There were the 2 big turnovers, but offensively this was the first time these guys really had their way with a defense.  Winning and losing are both habit-forming, maybe they got a big monkey off their backs today...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 20, 2006, 07:59:04 AM

Good game, been a long time in the waiting line.

As Chev said, consistency, consistency.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 20, 2006, 08:52:45 AM

We have a winner!

And as Garv would say, and a hat tip to you Dalbuc.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 20, 2006, 11:08:20 AM

Best game of the season for him and the line. I mean there were places to run and he ran there. He looked quick, powerful and aggressive - in other words a lot like last year. Goes to show if the line would ever stop sucking rocks he can run the darn ball.

Hold up, time out in the garden...No way do you let Caddy off the hook like that and blame all his woes on my guys.  Not happening today fellas.  Caddy ran like the Caddy we had last year.  He ran hard and with some purpose.  Something we really haven't seen from him consistently this year.  Back up off my boys Dal, at least this today.  You can bang them around Friday depending on their performance Thursday...  ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 20, 2006, 11:16:19 AM

Chev, while I argree with dal that Caddy was able to do his thing today because the Oline was dominate in the run game I don't think that every player on the line has played bad every game. 
In my opinion Davis has been solid almost every game and for rookies Joseph and Trueblood have played well.  The problem with this line as a unit has always been Wade and Mahan.  Now that Buenning is back and looks to be healthy we will finally see what this line has.  If Wade doesn't get better because of the guys around him I wouldn't mind seeing Mahan get into the game.  At least if Mahan gets his shot we will know what we have next season.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 20, 2006, 11:19:47 AM

Chev, while I argree with dal that Caddy was able to do his thing today because the Oline was dominate in the run game I don't think that every player on the line has played bad every game.
In my opinion Davis has been solid almost every game and for rookies Joseph and Trueblood have played well. The problem with this line as a unit has always been Wade and Mahan. Now that Buenning is back and looks to be healthy we will finally see what this line has. If Wade doesn't get better because of the guys around him I wouldn't mind seeing Mahan get into the game. At least if Mahan gets his shot we will know what we have next season.

You know I'll take all of that and still say don't act like it's been all them all year.  Caddy hasn't run with that type of attitude since last year.  We have not seen that kind of effort from him this year...

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 20, 2006, 12:34:08 PM

Very true Chev,  Caddy was danicing way to much early in the season instead of just hitting the hole while it was there even if it was a small one.  In the beginning of the season it looked like he was trying to go 80 yards every carry.  He was seeing the hole and hitting it last game and that helped the line out as well. 

This was a collective effort I think.  Caddy ran the ball with more power and didn't dance as much, plus the Oline was holding their blocks a little longer creating holes and blowing the skins off the ball.

Maybe it was good for Caddy to see Alstott pick up that chunk of yards on three carries by just poundidng the rock.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy 156 total yards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools