Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Askew « previous next »
Page: 1 2

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 03, 2007, 01:26:47 PM

Askew is awesome. Great addition. He's young, and should be wearing Pewter and Red for a long time.

Unfortunately, he's only signed through 2008.  Hopefully he'll wind up getting an extention.  I agree with you, there's no reason he shouldn't be our starting fullback for quite some time.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : December 03, 2007, 01:28:53 PM

What a great addition this guy has been for the Bucs. He pass blocks, run blocks, and moves the chains. I'm guessing the Jets really regret letting him get away. The Bucs are 8-4 in large part due to his contributions to the team.

Many thanks to whoever suggested he come here.

He's just outstanding. What a blocker - and a receiver out of the backfield.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 03, 2007, 01:34:43 PM

Askew is everything Mike Alstott isnt as a lead blocker for the Bucs and it shows in the running game

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bryan12112

Starter

#18 : December 03, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Yes, I love Askew. Good receiver, great blocker.

It's strange how our injuries have worked out this year. In some cases we've gotten noticeably better. Alstott out, Askew in; Williams and Pittman out, Graham in; Petitgout out, Penn in. With Wade out, I wonder if the trend will continue.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 03, 2007, 03:25:23 PM

Letting Lorenzo Neal go was the biggest mistake they made personnel wise on offense.  Askew has already earned every penny of his contract and I hope to see him as Buc beyond 2008.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Askew « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools