Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Props to Team and Coaching « previous next »
Page: 1

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2006, 10:16:24 PM

Gruden called a good game today. IMVHO, he utilized our strengths well. I'd love to see more of what we saw today.

I also agree with Gruden that we could have scored a lot more.

Let's continue to run it down our opponents throat!

Alstott is the MAN!!

GO BUCS!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 19, 2006, 10:21:36 PM

One thing is clear; Caddy needs a run support, and Pittman is not that.  Alstott established the run today and Caddy took over.  I'm glad we won a close game against a team that clearly is truggling and has major injuries.

poppop

Practice Squad

#2 : November 20, 2006, 07:20:29 AM

I think it was genius to run the A-Train early on.  It took the D by surprise and got the crowd FIRED up!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 20, 2006, 07:41:13 AM

But people have been saying for years that the mixing of Mike into the running game can only help.  No one wants to see, except maybe me, Mike be featured in this offense while you have a home run hitter like Caddy.  However, as we saw yesterday Mike is still a viable runner worthy of at least 7-10 touches a game...I don't see those as touches tanken away from Caddy I see those as touches to enhance his home run ability...especially after the half when teams want to see neither of those guys running the ball.  I loved the observation of Hardy and Gene of how Saen Taylor was stout in the run game early, but was struggling to tackle at the end of the game...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 20, 2006, 07:59:21 AM

Pittman gained 17 yards on 2 carries. That's not bad. The Bucs have 3 backs that are very different and can be very effective in a rotation. It would be nice if Gruden would wake up and realize that. Keep defenses off balance by running Alstott on 1st and 10 once and a while. Cadillac should always get the bulk of the carries but when he needs a breather give it to Pittman with his fresh legs. Mix it up and make use of the talent you have.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 20, 2006, 08:00:49 AM

Pittman gained 17 yards on 2 carries. That's not bad. The Bucs have 3 backs that are very different and can be very effective in a rotation. It would be nice if Gruden would wake up and realize that. Keep defenses off balance by running Alstott on 1st and 10 once and a while. Cadillac should always get the bulk of the carries but when he needs a breather give it to Pittman with his fresh legs. Mix it up and make use of the talent you have.
Denver Broncos!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 20, 2006, 09:31:19 AM

This is the progress I am talking about.  A win is a bonus but that is what I want to see with this team.  Building progress, momentum and both sides of the ball having some form of an identity.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 21, 2006, 12:26:43 PM

See the difference with this game was that we kept it close throughout, which gave us the licence to run the ball, which is the best part of our Offense because of the 3 different runners that we have. Also, the O-Line's run blocking was good for virtually the whole game, they needed more push at the goal line.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Props to Team and Coaching « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools