Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LT the best ever? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

escobar

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2006, 11:04:57 PM

I never saw Brown, Sayers, or Payton play, but I can't imagine they were better than this guy. Is Tomlinson the best RB ever? Maybe it's not a certainty now, but I believe if he stays healthy he will break every offensive record there is.

#1 : November 19, 2006, 11:15:20 PM

Is there any question? He runs inside, outside, blocks, catches. He's a threat from anywhere on the field, PERIOD!!!

Beastie

Rookie

#2 : November 19, 2006, 11:22:26 PM

Yes hes just wow

#3 : November 19, 2006, 11:23:18 PM

What great is that the falcons could've had him. I thank them for picking Vick instead.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 19, 2006, 11:47:33 PM

Yeah I would have to say he is the best ever. The guy now has 102 career touchdowns and he is only 27. If he scores two TD's per game from here on out, which to him seems like a joke, he will end up with 34 td's this year. He is quickly turning into my favorite player. He is insanely good and he doesn't talk smack.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2006, 11:49:15 PM

He is ridiculously good. 

Makes me wonder why Crackalack Williams can't run like that...or catch like that...or block like that.  He makes Carnell look like a total dud.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 19, 2006, 11:50:40 PM

Yeah no kidding Boid. Here I am talking about LT possibly getting to 30 + TD's on the year, and our guy has 1. Depressing.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 19, 2006, 11:52:36 PM

U guys have "Halfback Envy". 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 19, 2006, 11:58:17 PM

In a major way.

#9 : November 20, 2006, 12:00:44 AM

I sure as hell do. So much so, that i just ordered a LT jersey in powder blue for my son. It'll make a nice xmas present.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 20, 2006, 12:10:52 AM

So does the rest of the NFL.

Guys like LT are once-in-a-generation players. Complaining that your team doesn't have one is like getting upset at never winning the Powerball jackpot.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 20, 2006, 12:34:39 AM

Well Caveat, count me as twice the loser then.

I read somewhere about a lady who won the lotto twice. TWICE. The article said the chance of that happening was in the trillions. I think somewhere around 1 in 31 trillion if I remember correctly.

coopsxx

Starter
#12 : November 20, 2006, 01:13:15 AM

he is certainly the best i have seen, im only 22 though.

however From what i have seen and read, Payton and Brown may be better.

Payton, never missed a game, unbelievable for a RB, won a superbowl and was the leading rusher when he retired. Like Lt he good pass and catch too.

Brown, was a 5 time MVP!!! (some pre NFL, but still.) he led the league in rushing 10 years straight, winning a few championships too. He was a great receiver and was the rushing leader when he retired.
Lets not forget he played 12 and 14 games seasons in his time.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : November 20, 2006, 01:45:31 AM

Is there any question?

Ummm...yeah? Best ever is a stretch IMO, but the guy is obviously a stud. Top 5 back IMO, but to say he's hands down the best ever isn't giving the greats like Brown who came before him as much credit as they're due.

I still odn't understand why the sports media sleeps on LT. Everyone knows he's good, great even, but they are looking too much to the "next big thing" to focus on the current big thing. Bush for instance got HUGE hype and he only has the potential to become what Tomlinson is right now. Maybe not even that good. But if Bush had a game like LT did today it would be media blitz city Monday We'd never hear the end of how great Reggie Bush is.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 20, 2006, 04:50:33 AM

Sorry guys, but I don't think Tomlinson is as good as Barry Sanders was.   Tomlinson is very good, but not the best.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LT the best ever? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools