Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LT the best ever? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#15 : November 20, 2006, 05:17:13 AM

He is ridiculously good. 

Makes me wonder why Crackalack Williams can't run like that...or catch like that...or block like that.  He makes Carnell look like a total dud.

wow, everytime I see you post something regarding any of Buc players you're cutting the player down.

How quickly you forget the amazing season Carnell had last year. How many touches is he getting a game this season?

Dude, relax man, Bruce and Caddy are still very young they have their whole career ahead of them, who knows what they'll become.

coopsxx

Starter
#16 : November 20, 2006, 06:06:43 AM

Sorry guys, but I don't think Tomlinson is as good as Barry Sanders was.   Tomlinson is very good, but not the best.

he is better than sanders as an all round back, pass protection, receiving (hell even throwing)
but Sanders was the greatest sporting spectacle to watch hands down.

I still odn't understand why the sports media sleeps on LT. Everyone knows he's good, great even, but they are looking too much to the "next big thing" to focus on the current big thing. Bush for instance got HUGE hype and he only has the potential to become what Tomlinson is right now. Maybe not even that good. But if Bush had a game like LT did today it would be media blitz city Monday We'd never hear the end of how great Reggie Bush is.

I agree with you, Tomlinson and Manning as praised as they are are still taken for granted.
In years to come we may be looking back at them as the greatest ever.

But it is always the case that in time a players foibles, are ignored and you only remember the great things, which is why those long retired are held in higher esteem.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 20, 2006, 07:46:53 AM

LT is way better than Shaun Alexander and anyone even trying to compare Larry Johnson to him must be joking.  LT looks to be better than Barry Sander already and he might better than Emmitt Smith and Walter Peyton.  But if he keeps playing this way for many years to come he may end up being better than Jim Brown.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 20, 2006, 07:55:06 AM

He is ridiculously good.

Makes me wonder why Crackalack Williams can't run like that...or catch like that...or block like that. He makes Carnell look like a total dud.

wow, everytime I see you post something regarding any of Buc players you're cutting the player down.

How quickly you forget the amazing season Carnell had last year. How many touches is he getting a game this season?

Dude, relax man, Bruce and Caddy are still very young they have their whole career ahead of them, who knows what they'll become.

What exactly am I cutting down here?

Comparing LT to Crackalack is like comparing a stud to a dud.  At least this year it is.

I won't even bother putting up the comps, because it might make you blush in embarassment.

I am about as relaxed as I am going to get after 3 wins, 10 games deep.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#19 : November 20, 2006, 10:05:44 AM

dude, this is Caddy's second season. For you to even consider comparing him to a Beast like LT who's been in the NFL since 2001 is just ridiculous.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 20, 2006, 05:02:29 PM

Here is an article discussing this very question

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9817736

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 20, 2006, 06:07:58 PM

cant wait till he plays for us next year!

::) [banghead]

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 20, 2006, 06:27:40 PM

Payton

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#23 : November 20, 2006, 07:35:18 PM

LT is good, but IMO Jim Brown was the best.  He did it with less games and was pretty damn tough.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 20, 2006, 08:17:06 PM

I saw Jim Brown when I was a kid.  He did what no one else could come close to for years.  He left the league early on his own terms.  I have not seen a back as dominant as Brown since he played.  He was simply devastating as a runner, and could be a receiver.  LT plays in a different time, but is damn near the same.  Who is better is a conversation without end.  Let's see if LT makes it for 9 years as the best in the league every year.  Then is will be time for the comparison.  LT is still writing his history and we don't know the end yet. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LT the best ever? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools