Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aside from the Bucs are there any other last to first teams this year? « previous next »
Page: 1

zed

Pro Bowler

: December 04, 2007, 12:13:55 PM

One more win and we've locked up the division championship.  We've kept the trend in the NFC South for the past five years or so alive, that the last place team wins the division the next year. 

Based on past tendencies, there are usually two teams that were last place the previous year and first place the following year.  Are there other teams this year besides the Bucs?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 04, 2007, 12:20:56 PM

Cleveland has gone from last to 2nd and looks like a wild card.  GB went from 3rd to first.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 04, 2007, 01:15:01 PM

I expect the Bucs to break from this tradition by winning the division again next year. Atlanta will also break from tradition by placing last two years in a row.
Gruden could win 7 of 10 and some here would still find fault with something.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : December 04, 2007, 02:20:26 PM

I expect the Bucs to break from this tradition by winning the division again next year. Atlanta will also break from tradition by placing last two years in a row.
Gruden could win 7 of 10 and some here would still find fault with something.
No way in hell Atlanta pulls it off.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2007, 02:26:04 PM

Same thing was said about Tampa this year, you never know. But this Tampa team doesn't look like it's going to pull the el foldo that the previous division winners have...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2007, 02:29:02 PM

Same thing was said about Tampa this year, you never know.

Yeah...their situation looks eerily similar to ours last year at the QB position...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 04, 2007, 02:32:25 PM

Same thing was said about Tampa this year, you never know. But this Tampa team doesn't look like it's going to pull the el foldo that the previous division winners have...

I heard rumors of Garcia being involved in a cat fight, but I don't think it will have the same impact as the Vick fiasco.

zed

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 04, 2007, 02:33:11 PM

The lesson here is to take no team for granted.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2007, 02:39:22 PM

I heard rumors of Garcia being involved in a cat fight, but I don't think it will have the same impact as the Vick fiasco.

As long as the FBI doesn't find him involved in..

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 04, 2007, 03:18:40 PM

Yeah...their situation looks eerily similar to ours last year at the QB position...
We went from our starter to a 6th round rookie. The fowlgoons have been rotating veteran QBs. How is that similar?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 04, 2007, 03:21:31 PM

We went from our starter to a 6th round rookie. The fowlgoons have been rotating veteran QBs. How is that similar?

A good QB will solve a lot of their problems...

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 04, 2007, 04:40:25 PM

I expect next year to be one heck of a scrap between Tampa, Carolina and New Orleans for the division. I just can't see the Falcons being anywhere near.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#12 : December 04, 2007, 04:53:44 PM

I expect next year to be one heck of a scrap between Tampa, Carolina and New Orleans for the division. I just can't see the Falcons being anywhere near.
If they draft a rookie and start him, I don't see anyway they can pull it off either, though i think it would be the best thing for them to take a top QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 04, 2007, 05:08:00 PM

el foldo

Dude... I don't know why but "el foldo" is just slaying me right now. I mean, I literally LOL'ed. Good work.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aside from the Bucs are there any other last to first teams this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools