Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: BornaBuc's Trip to the Big Easy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: December 04, 2007, 06:50:09 PM

Welcome back Borna... I thought we had decent playcalling except not going for the touchdown and kicking a field goal down around the goal line.

Bounty Hunter

Rookie

#1 : December 04, 2007, 06:56:03 PM

Gruden made it close???  That ridiculous comment is not even worthy of a response.  Did you bed-wet this bad during the SB season??

It is okay to dislike the coach if you want to.  But don't tear him down when he did an exceptional job of play-calling.

And yes, the Saints are not a strong defensive team.  But the fact remains that you still have to go out and perform, and to execute.  And for a guy that had not started a game in over 2 years, I think McCown had an outstanding game, which WAS called by Gruden.

Why don't you just enjoy the win and quit pissing on everyone's "feel good" for the week?  I swear that you must be related to Rick Stroud or Mike Bianchi for crying out loud.  You sound just like them.

It is better to be perceived a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2007, 06:42:28 PM

When you roll up over 400 yards of offense, essentially with your 3rd string QB, and the playbook opens wider than any other time here, then you cannot diss the play-calling.

Respectfully speaking, if you think otherwise, you have totally ZERO clue about football or the Bucs.

I felt this was Gruden's BEST job of play-calling in his entire tenure here, by FAR !  To think otherwise proves lack of knowledge of the game or the team.

I guess if you don't take into account the terrible New Orleans defense you could see it that way. This should not have been a close game. Gruden made it close.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Bounty Hunter

Rookie

#3 : December 04, 2007, 06:32:26 PM

When you roll up over 400 yards of offense, essentially with your 3rd string QB, and the playbook opens wider than any other time here, then you cannot diss the play-calling.

Respectfully speaking, if you think otherwise, you have totally ZERO clue about football or the Bucs.

I felt this was Gruden's BEST job of play-calling in his entire tenure here, by FAR !  To think otherwise proves lack of knowledge of the game or the team.

It is better to be perceived a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2007, 01:36:20 PM

I arrived home from New Orleans late last night. I had a great time. I had Jambalaya, Gumbo, and ate at "Mother's" restaurant on Monday...mmmmmm good. If you've never been there then you are really missing out. There are a ton of Bucs fans that go to this game. Bourbon Street turns into Buccaneers Street. I will give the Saints fans credit, they are always very nice. No where near as hardcore as Bucs fans. The only thing I did notice was the crazy costumes. One guy had black tights on with army boots and a black tight top with a Saints logo and he was wearing a black cape with painted face. There was a lot of capes. I sat up in the upper deck in 611. There was a big group of Bucs fans above me. One Saints fan offered me $5.00 for my Buccaneers SB Jersey. I told him they didn't make these in Saints colors. Also, their intro song is terrible. On a positive note, they have cleaned up the dome. It no longer smells like urine(I was there in 2002) and they don't let you smoke in there any more. Now I guess I'll just get to the photos. Sorry about the poor quality. My camera crapped out after kickoff. Sorry John Galt, no skin here.

From what my friend told me a lot of Saints fans drink bloody mary's before the game. They're super **CENSORED**y with a bunch of olives and veggies in there. Pretty tasty.

They had a band set up out front. the band was pretty mellow. The atmosphere as a whole is pretty mellow. No GnR or Ozzie before kickoff to get you hyped up. Everybody tailgates in front of the stadium because the parking is right there.

That's all the pictures I took before my camera crapped out. If you've never been to New Orleans you should consider going for the game next year. It's well worth the money if you consider what it costs just to go to a game here. I spent $375.00 for flight, rental car, and 2 tickets. The whole trip only cost me about $600.00 because I stayed with friends. Did I mention that the last time I went for a game we ended up winning the Super Bowl? I'm 1-1 in New Orleans now.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2007, 01:38:24 PM

You are all about the attention, aren't you? ;)

Breaking news, huh? That's ok...you're not the only one...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 04, 2007, 01:39:21 PM

What did you think of the game?

vladin

Starter

#7 : December 04, 2007, 05:36:55 PM

Nawlins has indeed been a fun place to visit, and I've been many times. Not recently, however. The last time I was there, I had dinner with John Denver at Le Bon Creole some time before his tragic death, so that has to have been at least 10-12 years ago.

In my theater at home, watching the game on the 8-foot high-def. Why?

Are these serious posts or a joke?

100% serious. Why do you ask?

Was a big fan of John Denver, never got to meet him, was saddened by his death.  That must have been an interesting dinner!  I did get my picture made with Don Henley at my sister's wedding.  That's about my closest brush with famous people.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2007, 01:41:40 PM

You are all about the attention, aren't you?

I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head, sammy.

dodda45

Starter
#9 : December 04, 2007, 01:42:08 PM

Holy cow...I had no idea you were a Buc fan

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 04, 2007, 01:44:21 PM

What did you think of the game?

It went back and forth like I thought it would. I thought we had several chances to take control and didn't which let them back into the game. I couldn't believe they called that reverse. The Saints fans were in shock. All they had to do was run the ball. I thought the place was going to erupt but then news of LSU getting into the NCG came and everyone accepted the loss and started chanting LSU. I was happy to see us sneak out of there with a W. I give a lot of credit to Graham, he really carried the team and took pressure off of McCown to have to make all of the plays. I'd like to know what was going on when he threw the interception. The receiver just kept running.

McCown gets out of the pocket and refuses to throw the ball away. If he would learn to throw it away I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him. 10 times better then Gradkowski though.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 04, 2007, 01:44:34 PM

Thank God you're back.  We were all so worried. ::)  Especially mjs.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 04, 2007, 01:44:46 PM

No photos of you in your Colts jersey?

And did your nose bleed continuously in those seats?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 04, 2007, 01:47:37 PM

Thank God you're back.  We were all so worried. ::)  Especially mjs.

I was worried he was coming back.......my worst fears have been realized.

So BornaBuc, you must give us your rundown on the game.  What about the play calling, and that crazy 4th and 1 that won us the game.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2007, 01:47:46 PM

And did your nose bleed continuously in those seats?

I was wondering when that was coming... ;)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: BornaBuc's Trip to the Big Easy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools