Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Debra Lefave... Good criminal justice? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

: December 04, 2007, 07:00:13 PM

how the hell do you work with someone and NOT talk to them?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : December 04, 2007, 06:36:55 PM

People go to jail and learn how to commit crimes better cyber.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2007, 06:08:37 PM

That's the big problem with the justice system, it lacks common sense. It always has. It might be the best and fairest in the world, but that doesnt mean it doesnt have problems and that doesn't mean it is perfect and always right.

The reality is if you are arrested for a crime you never committed, do you trust that the system will find you innocent? At this point....no you cannot. Just like if you are a victim of a crime, can you trust that the system is going to find the right criminal? No, you cannot. And even the system cant solve criminal problems. You throw people in jail, fine. But then they get out and reoffend. And its not just sex offenders. It's drug dealers, prostitutes, gang leaders, bank robbers, you name it.....the reoffending rate is very high. And we have the largest prison population in the world. So the system is broken somewhere.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : December 04, 2007, 05:55:16 PM

God she's cute. Anyways um no I don't agree with this. How can you tell someone they can't talk with someone under the age of 18? That means you couldn't even ask them for an ID before you talked with them because engaging in conversation with them to ask them for ID would be against your probation. Stupid terms.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 04, 2007, 05:07:40 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315052,00.html

Sorry but this violation is total BS!   Will our criminal justice system ever exercise Common Sense?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

People go to jail and learn how to commit crimes better cyber.

Thats another great point. In fact I was watching  a special on the Discovery channel about the prison system and it is well known that many of these criminals go into prison and come out with even more connections with gangs, drug traffikers, and other criminals than before they went in. In other words, prison made them a better criminal. And that's the opposite effect it is supposed to have. There is too much emphesis on this idea that we have to punish. Punishment is fine. But you also have to find a way to also reform these people. Or else they will get out and just reoffend again and probably be better at their criminal activity than ever before. Practice makes perfect.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : December 04, 2007, 07:18:15 PM

It's tough though because we did have a focus towards rehabilitation in the 1970s. It didn't work out so well back then either. Now we're in the "do the crime do the time" mentality and I am not so sure that's working either. I don't have the answers. I support rehabilitation a little more though.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 04, 2007, 07:59:21 PM

Another problem also is similar to this Lefave case.

Someone gets out of jail and they struggle to build their lives back up.

And what place could you work where you would never have contact with a minor? There are not many places like that. Not just with co-workers but if you work with the public or in any type of service job, you'll eventually come in contact with a minor at some point. And when you convicted of a felony and on probabtion, not every job is going to be open to you. Finding a job is difficult enough for a clean person. So such laws are a bit impractical.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2007, 08:26:43 PM

She has one of the best lawyers in town. Shouldn't be a problem.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#9 : December 04, 2007, 09:36:51 PM

Ah  retards she raped a young boy.............I know all of you would love to climb on top of that but she did commit a crime.  I hope that your daughters someday do it with a teacher at age 14 and I know you will all be good with that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 04, 2007, 09:40:38 PM

This is the key point:

"According to a police report, Lafave spoke with her teenage co-worker numerous times about family problems, friends, high school, boyfriends and sex."

She's not exactly a role model.  She was let off the hook by not having to go to jail.  Probation says no contact, then that means no contact.  And definitely means no mentoring teenage girls.   There's plenty of jobs out there.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 04, 2007, 10:09:16 PM

Ah retards she raped a young boy.............I know all of you would love to climb on top of that but she did commit a crime. I hope that your daughters someday do it with a teacher at age 14 and I know you will all be good with that.

Gotta love how you use the word "raped." Im sure the boy was absolutely devastated.  ::)

I mean christ I first did it when I was 16. Im not emotionally or psychologically traumatized.
Over 2/3rds of high school seniors say that they have had sex before the age of 18.

Everyone keeps living in their closet and thinks their kids are all innocent and have no clue about this stuff. I'll tell you right now....I was not innocent at age 14. I was going after all the girls at school. And the girls were just as interested.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 04, 2007, 10:19:14 PM

Doesn't change the fact that she committed a crime and has a sentence to serve.  16 year olds chasing 16 year olds is not the same as 23 years olds chasing 16 year olds.   Get real.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#13 : December 04, 2007, 10:26:26 PM

True............no problem with kids chasing kids..........sounds like you might want to comb the high schools for some interested kids, maybe Cyberdude.     
I love the fact that  her porking some lil' boy is perfectly fine with you all.  If she climbed on an adult who cares.....she victimized a kid and should be in jail.    It is true that a good percentage of the "girls" who give it up to "teacher" probably do liek it, and are all for it.  But it is still illegal and until we change taht law to help GUys like Cyberdude score with teens, it is a crime.    WHY PROSECUTE ANYONE AND WHEN IS IT Ok...................Old enough to bleed they are old enough to breed..............

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2007, 10:53:30 PM

You're taking this way beyond the case... I never said it was OK, I just think the use of the word "rape" is incorrect in this situation. And if you have ever met anyone who was truely and actually raped then you would know exactly what I mean. I dont care what the law decided to call it. Rape is a crime of brutal violence. When you listen to the many recorded phone calls between this boy and the teacher there was nothing to do with rape. And the only reason anyone found out about that relationship was because the kid was BRAGGING about it to his friends. And she got out of jail time primarily because the kid eventually refused to cooperate with police and the prosecutors.

Rape? Give me a break dude... I dont care what the law calls it. That wasnt rape, not even close.

By the way....that relationship would be legal in many nations in Europe and even Canada.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Debra Lefave... Good criminal justice? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools