Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Debra Lefave... Good criminal justice? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

Runole

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 05, 2007, 03:34:04 PM

In Freaks black and white world it is so simple?  Trouble is that it is a gray world  we  live.

The truth of the matter is this is about a few things:

1.  A stupid self promotion by the criminal justice system trying to show how tough they are on crime so that the public will somehow ignore the more serious crime issues in the area.

2. Probation is all about revenue the longer the probation the more revenue.  It is never about rehabilitation only about how many times they can create situations that will cause the probationer to remain a ward of the state. Of course this just costs the taxpayers even more money.  All about job justification

3.  LeFave is extremely attractive and "national news"  what better promotion of the Hillsborough County justice system even if they look most foolish.

Not that this has anything to do with her previous charges but I want to know how this woman raped the 14yr old?

2nd question has the perpetual smile ever been removed from his face?

As to Common Sense whoever wrote those terms of probation has none!!

I notice the Temple Terrace police department was involved...  That says it all!!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 05, 2007, 03:25:36 PM

Her conditions are not "NO contact with ANY minors, whatsoever".

She can speak with them, work with them, enter businesses where they work.........etc

Here's the copy of the violation paperwork.
http://www.tampabays10.com/images/pdfs/lafave-probation-violation.pdf

Here's the conditions of her probation.
http://www.tampabays10.com/docs/Lafav.pdf

She clearly violated, and there's nothing wrong with the terms of her probation.

Maybe you all should have used a little common sense ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#32 : December 05, 2007, 04:05:54 PM

You're not proving anything. Nobody bit on anything. Did you even read the links to the things you posted?

"You will have no unsupervised contact with any child under the age of 18 without another adult present who is responsible for the child's welfare, who has been advised of the crime and who has been approved by the sentencing court, until you have successfully completed a sex offender treatment program unless authorized by the sentencing court." This is condition #69 which she has been accused of breaking.

I don't deny she broke these conditions. I have a problem with the conditions themselves. The spirit of the law is good; keep child molesters away from children in 1 on 1 situations. Unfortunately, it's completely unacceptable in the work environment. I don't care what she was talking with the girl about in regards to work / personal. Conversations happen in the workplace and as I have already stated half a million times she could have been in a 1 on 1 situation with the 17 year old girl in which she asked her for her ID in order to have the right of talking with her. She didn't, but under these conditions she would be in violation of her probation for doing so.

What don't you understand about the fact that I am against the condition, not arguing she didn't do anything wrong? I'm not stupid, I know she violated her probation.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 05, 2007, 04:31:00 PM

What no probation this one?

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec/05/ex-wharton-teacher-gets-prison-teen-sex-case/?news-breaking

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#34 : December 05, 2007, 04:39:23 PM

Consensus seems to be she didn't have a high profile attorney.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 05, 2007, 04:44:02 PM

Consensus seems to be she didn't have a high profile attorney.

Still quite a significant difference in sentencing.  I admit that I do not know all the ends and outs of the two cases, but that's quite a difference.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 05, 2007, 08:06:04 PM

In Freaks black and white world it is so simple?  Trouble is that it is a gray world  we  live.

The truth of the matter is this is about a few things:

1.  A stupid self promotion by the criminal justice system trying to show how tough they are on crime so that the public will somehow ignore the more serious crime issues in the area.

BINGO!

Illegal aliens. Gangs. Burglars breaking into houses of NFL players and shooting them dead. There is a bunch of crimes that need more attention and are a greater threat to children than than this junk which does absolutely nothing but bring a few more headlines. The police, polititians, and the system to need to show the public they are doing something. They need a reason for you to put your trust in them.

Another thing that was amazing is that case back several years ago in Lake Worth where a 13 year old kid brought a gun to school and shot and killed his teacher. I remember people back then were demanding he get the death penalty. Suddenly a 13 year old kid (and we all here agree that he does NOT have the cognitive ability to consent to a sexual act) should be eligible for the death penalty since he knew what he was doing in that situation...right? Then when the Supreme Court outlawed the death penalty for minors....all the conservatives were crying bashing the court and calling it liberal. It's a double-standard.

It's like the idiotic thinking that an 18 year old (17 in some cases) can sign up to go to war and blow people's heads off but we won't let them walk into a store and buy a beer.

It's just a lack of common sense....

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 05, 2007, 08:19:31 PM

Whats wrong with her mentoring a 17 year old girl with relationships and sex? shes clearly an expert with relationships in that age group.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 06, 2007, 08:08:36 AM

You're not proving anything. Nobody bit on anything. Did you even read the links to the things you posted?

"You will have no unsupervised contact with any child under the age of 18 without another adult present who is responsible for the child's welfare, who has been advised of the crime and who has been approved by the sentencing court, until you have successfully completed a sex offender treatment program unless authorized by the sentencing court." This is condition #69 which she has been accused of breaking.

I don't deny she broke these conditions. I have a problem with the conditions themselves. The spirit of the law is good; keep child molesters away from children in 1 on 1 situations. Unfortunately, it's completely unacceptable in the work environment. I don't care what she was talking with the girl about in regards to work / personal. Conversations happen in the workplace and as I have already stated half a million times she could have been in a 1 on 1 situation with the 17 year old girl in which she asked her for her ID in order to have the right of talking with her. She didn't, but under these conditions she would be in violation of her probation for doing so.

What don't you understand about the fact that I am against the condition, not arguing she didn't do anything wrong? I'm not stupid, I know she violated her probation.
Please.......... read your posts.

You listed a bunch of STUPID situations that in which she would NOT be in violation.

You truly thought that she was allowed NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER with anyone under that age of 18.

You were duped. No big deal, but don't try to backtrack.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 06, 2007, 09:03:52 AM

In Freaks world  the criminal justice standards he blindly follows without protest are just great law enforcement..  Lets just hope that one day he doesn't get arrested and put behind the 8 ball.  He will be singing an entirely different tune.

These rules that are set down as the terms of her probation are absolutely pathetic and the reason the criminal justice system has lost so much credibility.

This is just grandstanding by the criminal justice system and also not to be ignored to keep Debra and anyone else on perpetual probation. TOTAL BS!

I guess a bigger question to ask Miyagi is about the permanent scarring that the poor 14 year old boy has suffered because of LeFave??. I hear they are still trying to remove the perpetual smile off his face!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 06, 2007, 09:07:42 AM

So now she didn't committ a crime?  It's pathetic for a pedophile to be forbidden to have contact with minors?  If this was a guy who had sex with your 14 year old daughter would you think it was such grandstanding?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 06, 2007, 09:41:51 AM

In Freaks world the criminal justice standards he blindly follows without protest are just great law enforcement.. Lets just hope that one day he doesn't get arrested and put behind the 8 ball. He will be singing an entirely different tune.

These rules that are set down as the terms of her probation are absolutely pathetic and the reason the criminal justice system has lost so much credibility.

This is just grandstanding by the criminal justice system and also not to be ignored to keep Debra and anyone else on perpetual probation. TOTAL BS!

I guess a bigger question to ask Miyagi is about the permanent scarring that the poor 14 year old boy has suffered because of LeFave??. I hear they are still trying to remove the perpetual smile off his face!!
Your post couldn't be more off base.

You actually believed that under no circumstances, could she have any contact whatsoever with a person under the age of 18. Don't deny that the article duped your simple minded ass.

How freaking STUPID are you?

I have made no comment about the initial charge. I guess to divert attention to your stupidity, you are trying to throw that nonsense out there. The issue here is with her violation of the terms of her probation that she AGREED to.

BTW......... If you must know, I have been on probation before, and got early termination. I know more about the system than I would ever want to know, and unless you've been there........ I guarantee you that I know a hell of a lot more about it than you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 06, 2007, 01:48:50 PM

If you honestly believe that the 14 year old was permanently scarred by this horrible?? woman there really isn't anything left to say.. I do have one question though?  Do you sit down when you pee?  Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

Seriously, if you have been on probation you certainly know it is designed for recidivism and has nothing to do with rehabilitation. Just another way to generate income for the criminal justice system along with being excessively augmented by the taxpayers..  Ever see how much of your local tax dollar goes to the criminal justice system and law enforcement?  this Drug War is expensive with little if any results from my view. Just another abysmal failure costing us all money!!

Personally, I think our criminal justice system should concentrate on more serious issues though I do admit it is enjoyable seeing LaFave's picture every so often.  Wish I could have been permanently scarred like that 14 yr old!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 06, 2007, 02:07:50 PM

If you honestly believe that the 14 year old was permanently scarred by this horrible?? woman there really isn't anything left to say.. I do have one question though? Do you sit down when you pee? Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

Seriously, if you have been on probation you certainly know it is designed for recidivism and has nothing to do with rehabilitation. Just another way to generate income for the criminal justice system along with being excessively augmented by the taxpayers.. Ever see how much of your local tax dollar goes to the criminal justice system and law enforcement? this Drug War is expensive with little if any results from my view. Just another abysmal failure costing us all money!!

Personally, I think our criminal justice system should concentrate on more serious issues though I do admit it is enjoyable seeing LaFave's picture every so often. Wish I could have been permanently scarred like that 14 yr old!!

Again I ask if your 14 year old daughter had sex with a 25 year old man would you feel the same.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 06, 2007, 02:14:37 PM

So now she didn't committ a crime?  It's pathetic for a pedophile to be forbidden to have contact with minors?  If this was a guy who had sex with your 14 year old daughter would you think it was such grandstanding?

If I was 14 years old and I had that kind of contact with LeFave, I would be thanking the Lord for his kindness to me!!  You call it pedophilia I call it an 8th grade boy's ultimate fantasy..   Now of course if I was of a different persuasion I guess I might have a different viewpoint. I still want to know how a woman rapes a hetero guy without a smile being on his face?

A old guy with my daughter?  Apples and Oranges...  Sorry but there is a big difference there.  Call it the difference between a male and a female. That is reality and no laws no matter how silly are going to change that reality.

Of course if it was at the turn of the 19th century I suppose in that day and era, I would demand they get married to make their relationship legitimate.. Kind of funny how the sexual mores of society have changed so drastically. Prior to 1900 some would have considered a 14 year old virgin probably destined to be an old maid.  Funny thing at that time sexual maturity sometimes didn't occur until a girl was 16 now it is about 10 or 11... Go figure?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Debra Lefave... Good criminal justice? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools