Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early list of underclassmen who have filed paperwork with the Advisory Committe. « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: December 05, 2007, 03:51:58 PM

Underclassmen are taking the time between the end of the regular season and their bowl game to file paperwork with the NFL Advisory Committee. This committee consists of NFL GM's, scouts and independent analysts that provide underclassmen with an idea of where they could expect to be drafted should they enter the NFL Draft. This is not always accurate though. Just last season, Notre Dame running back Darius Walker received a third round grade, only to go undrafted. It happens every year, some player decides to enter too soon. Here's a list of players that we can confirm have filed papers seeking the advice of the committee:
Arkansas RB Darren McFadden
Boise State OT Ryan Clady
California WR DeSean Jackson
Central Florida RB Kevin Smith
Clemson RB James Davis
Florida TE Cornelius Ingram
Florida DE Derrick Harvey
FSU LB Geno Hayes
Illinois RB Rashad Mendenhall
Indiana WR James Hardy
Kansas CB Aqib Talib
LSU DT Marlon Favorite
Miami (FL) DE Calais Campbell
Miami (FL) S Kenny Phillips
Michigan WR Mario Manningham
Mississippi OT Michael Oher
Ohio State OT Alex Boone
Ohio State DE Vhernon Gholston
Ohio State LB James Lauranitis
Ohio State CB Malcolm Jenkins
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Oklahoma OG Duke Robinson
Oklahoma LB Curtis Lofton
Oklahoma CB Reggie Smith
Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart
Penn State CB Justin King
Rutgers RB Ray Rice
Texas A&M TE Martellus Bennett
Vanderbilt WR Earl Bennett
Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers
Virginia Tech CB Victor Harris
West Virginia RB Steve Slaton
Wisconsin TE Travis Beckum
Wisconsin CB Jack Ikewguono

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 05, 2007, 03:58:17 PM

Nice list...especially Ray Rice at the bottom...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 05, 2007, 04:01:03 PM

If everyone on that list declares the draft is going to be alot stronger and deeper at alot of positions, if McFadden, Steeart, Davis, Rice, Mendenhall and Slaton all come out this year the running back class will be deep and allow of the Bucs to take one later on in rounds two or three and still get quality value

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 05, 2007, 04:02:07 PM

If everyone on that list declares the draft is going to be alot stronger and deeper at alot of positions, if McFadden, Steeart, Davis, Rice, Mendenhall and Slaton all come out this year the running back class will be deep and allow of the Bucs to take one later on in rounds two or three and still get quality value

I totally agree...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 05, 2007, 09:35:30 PM

Hey Yucc,
does Favorite(LSU) play UT by any chance?

i'm surprised he is thinking of coming out.  i'm not even sure he starts.  he is part of the tigers DT rotation. 

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 05, 2007, 06:47:57 PM

Hey Yucc,

You must be accountable for your actions!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#6 : December 05, 2007, 07:07:20 PM

Ohio State OT Alex Boone
Ohio State DE Vhernon Gholston
Ohio State LB James Lauranitis
Ohio State CB Malcolm Jenkins
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Oklahoma OG Duke Robinson
Oklahoma LB Curtis Lofton
Oklahoma CB Reggie Smith

Those two looking to lose some SERIOUS talent. Especially OU. As expected, the Jr talent really brings up the class at LT, CB.

Vast majority of those guys go. Noticeably absent: Felix Jones, DeMarcus Granger, Phil Loadholt, Ray Maulaga, Erin Henderson.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2007, 09:51:39 PM

Stewart stay! Listen to your mom

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 05, 2007, 09:52:26 PM

Kevin Smith

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2007, 10:31:20 PM

Kevin Smith needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to make it to the NFL. I think he is just a hair over 200 right now.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#10 : December 05, 2007, 10:49:23 PM

Hey Yucc,

i'm surprised he is thinking of coming out. i'm not even sure he starts. he is part of the tigers DT rotation.
Well like it was said before the list isn't totally accurate, I'm pretty sure not all the players will enter, in fact some are probably just curious.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2007, 10:52:41 PM

Kevin Smith needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to make it to the NFL. I think he is just a hair over 200 right now.

I agree, but I think if we draft a RB in the 3rd or so, it will be as a 3rd down back and possible KR.  I think Smith can handle that as he builds NFL strength and eventually could challenge for the starting job.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 05, 2007, 10:55:13 PM

Kevin Smith

I second that vote...

STRICK-9

Starter

#13 : December 05, 2007, 11:29:44 PM

If you're looking for a 3rd string RB that can serve as a KR/PR.....look at Christopher Johnson from East Carolina.  He's a RB that runs a 4.2 40 and has over 1300 return yards just on kickoffs.   

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early list of underclassmen who have filed paperwork with the Advisory Committe. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools