Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have been critical of Bruce « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: November 20, 2006, 08:29:12 AM

This week....not bad...not bad

Loved the poise and the timing....if we can get ALL the recievers' head in the game we may be able to be somewhat respectable this season again. However if Galloway is the only WR that wants to catch the ball then we are in trouble this week

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 20, 2006, 09:17:34 AM

Loved the poise and the timing....if we can get ALL the recievers' head in the game we may be able to be somewhat respectable this season again. However if Galloway is the only WR that wants to catch the ball then we are in trouble this week

Hasn't this been an issue pretty much all season really?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2006, 09:21:17 AM

Loved the poise and the timing....if we can get ALL the receiver's head in the game we may be able to be somewhat respectable this season again. However if Galloway is the only WR that wants to catch the ball then we are in trouble this week

Hasn't this been an issue pretty much all season really?

The offense has been collectively poor.  An O-line that can't pass or rush block, a RB that couldn't run the ball, and WRs that are dropping passes.  Add that combination to a rookie QB in his first year, and it isn't pretty.

They should Grads's first three passes from yesterday on the news last night.  All three passes were on both hands of the receivers but Clayton, Alstott and Smith dropped them all.  [banghead]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 20, 2006, 09:42:54 AM

What do you mean this week? This poise you speak of has been there from jump, Grads hasn't played timid, is recognizing looks, making the right checks, and looks really good for a 6th rould rookie. He's lightyears ahead of Simms, it's not even funny.

Grads missed a few throws against the Panthers but he still played tough IMVHO. It would be easy for a rookie QB to get intimdated by playing the Panthers defense but he wasn't. I love Grads, I really do.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2006, 09:44:18 AM

What do you mean this week? This poise you speak of has been there from jump, Grads hasn't played timid, is recognizing looks, making the right checks, and looks really good for a 6th rould rookie. He's lightyears ahead of Simms, it's not even funny.

Grads missed a few throws against the Panthers but he still played tough IMVHO. It would be easy for a rookie QB to get intimdated by playing the Panthers defense but he wasn't. I love Grads, I really do.

If he gets a blond wig and some blue contacts I am sure more fans will be on the bandwagon.   ;)

#5 : November 20, 2006, 10:00:12 AM

He played better against Carolina and looked better this week. He actually went down field and took chances. I just was sick of the conservative crap...but the last TD to Galloway looked impressive

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 20, 2006, 10:04:07 AM

Bruce's TD/INT ratio has come back down to earth but now his completion percentage is starting to rise which is promising.  And it would be really better if Galloway, Clayton, Alstott, Smith, etc would stop with the dropsies. 

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 20, 2006, 10:09:05 AM

The problem on the Galloway INT was the route.  Galloway didn't even make an effort to break it up or go for the ball and it looked like the last thing he expected was to get the ball thrown to him.  I'd rather see him go for a corner route than that pattern.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 20, 2006, 10:09:50 AM

here is another interesting Stat.........the TD:INT ratio, Grads is currently 7th in the NFL at 2.3:1.  And before the haters say he has had some possible interceptions dropped, he has also had some possible TDs dropped.   ;) :P

Damon Huard   :   11   ~   1   ~   11.0
Marc Bulger   :   13   ~   3   ~   4.3
Peyton Manning   :   20   ~   5   ~   4.0
Donovan McNabb   :   18   ~   6   ~   3.0
Philip Rivers   :   15   ~   5   ~   3.0
Carson Palmer   :   18   ~   7   ~   2.6
Gradkowski   :   9   ~   4   ~   2.3
Tom Brady   :   19   ~   9   ~   2.1
Mark Brunell   :   8   ~   4   ~   2.0
Brett Favre   :   13   ~   7   ~   1.9
Drew Brees   :   17   ~   10   ~   1.7
Rex Grossman   :   18   ~   11   ~   1.6
Tony Romo   :   8   ~   5   ~   1.6
Jake Delhomme   :   11   ~   7   ~   1.6
David Carr   :   9   ~   6   ~   1.5
Michael Vick   :   13   ~   9   ~   1.4
J.P. Losman   :   10   ~   7   ~   1.4
Matt Hasselbeck   :   10   ~   7   ~   1.4
Alex Smith   :   10   ~   7   ~   1.4
Byron Leftwich   :   7   ~   5   ~   1.4
Eli Manning   :   15   ~   11   ~   1.4
Seneca Wallace   :   8   ~   7   ~   1.1
Steve McNair   :   10   ~   9   ~   1.1
Jon Kitna   :   11   ~   12   ~   0.9
Chad Pennington   :   10   ~   11   ~   0.9
Jake Plummer   :   10   ~   11   ~   0.9
Drew Bledsoe   :   7   ~   8   ~   0.9
Matt Leinart :     6 ~ 7 ~   0.86
Charlie Frye   :   9   ~   12   ~   0.8
Vince Young  :   6 ~ 8 ~  0.75
Roethlisberger   :   12   ~   17   ~   0.7
Joey Harrington   :   7   ~   10   ~   0.7

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 20, 2006, 10:10:59 AM

The problem on the Galloway INT was the route.  Galloway didn't even make an effort to break it up or go for the ball and it looked like the last thing he expected was to get the ball thrown to him.  I'd rather see him go for a corner route than that pattern.

In a case like this I would chalk this up as a rookie mistake but it is possible it was Galloway who made the mistake.  I think Galloway who has been here longer and has played in this leauge probably has a better grasp of the playbook than Gradkowski at this point.   

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 20, 2006, 10:11:57 AM

Look, even this week he made some bonehead plays - the throw at the goal line to snuff our a scoring chance pre-half time was terrible. What makes it worse is that he almost made the same mistake the throw before. He also made some great throws. He also only got us 178 passing yards against a unbeliveably bad WAS pass defense (now in fairness a lot of that was that we could run all over them) but overall it was a real solid game by a rookie QB and that is what alway has to be lkept in mind. This game would be a below average game for a Palmer, McNabb, Manning level QB but that's not what Bruce is. Rookie QB, more than any other position in this legaue, are different and face bigger challenges. As long as you look at his efforts in thos terms you won't be shocked/disappointed by much.

That's why I'm bamboozled at the Grads bashers. I understand the frustration level of us Buc fans but that can't blind you to the fact he's just a rookie. Yes, he'll throw some bad passes but all in all he's got passion, a good head, and makes more good decisions than bad ones. That's all you can ask for at this point. Come next year he'll be expected to produce more but so far he's holding his own.

The check on the last TD throw was excellent but the Skins give you those opportunities. Calling an all out blitz is asking for trouble, even in Madden.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 20, 2006, 10:12:34 AM

Perhaps Galloway missed an audible?  Either that or he thought he was covered and that Bruce would never throw it to him.  Regardless, he made no effort on the ball and probably could have at least tipped it to prevent an INT.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 20, 2006, 10:14:44 AM

Perhaps Galloway missed an audible?  Either that or he thought he was covered and that Bruce would never throw it to him.  Regardless, he made no effort on the ball and probably could have at least tipped it to prevent an INT.

There have been many miscues on routes and audibles this year (Eg Giants game) so the problem might be due to the fact of miscommunication.  They will just have to iron out the wrinkles and keep working at it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 20, 2006, 10:16:28 AM

My problem with the int is the BUcs run the same play around the goal line. All in routes. I guess it's an easy read for the QB but damn, throw some variety in there somewhere.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 20, 2006, 10:17:00 AM

adw, agreed.  At least it looks like our O-line (with Buenning healthy) is finally starting to mesh.  If we can run the ball and control the clock we should be in every game from here on out.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have been critical of Bruce « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools