Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have been critical of Bruce « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 20, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »

Considering overall that Bruce has been very solid in the red zone at this point I would say the Bucs are better off keeping it simple.  It would be even better just to pound it in on the ground.

« #16 : November 20, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »

Look, even this week he made some bonehead plays - the throw at the goal line to snuff our a scoring chance pre-half time was terrible. What makes it worse is that he almost made the same mistake the throw before. He also made some great throws. He also only got us 178 passing yards against a unbeliveably bad WAS pass defense (now in fairness a lot of that was that we could run all over them) but overall it was a real solid game by a rookie QB and that is what alway has to be lkept in mind. This game would be a below average game for a Palmer, McNabb, Manning level QB but that's not what Bruce is. Rookie QB, more than any other position in this legaue, are different and face bigger challenges. As long as you look at his efforts in thos terms you won't be shocked/disappointed by much.

That's why I'm bamboozled at the Grads bashers. I understand the frustration level of us Buc fans but that can't blind you to the fact he's just a rookie. Yes, he'll throw some bad passes but all in all he's got passion, a good head, and makes more good decisions than bad ones. That's all you can ask for at this point. Come next year he'll be expected to produce more but so far he's holding his own.

The check on the last TD throw was excellent but the Skins give you those opportunities. Calling an all out blitz is asking for trouble, even in Madden.

Hense I am starting to realize its just our horrible WR corp not our QB's that are the problem.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 20, 2006, 10:47:15 AM »

Hense I am starting to realize its just our horrible WR corp not our QB's that are the problem.

And props for you for being open minded and changing you opinion.   ;D

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #18 : November 20, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »

MJS,

Great stats! Do you know how Leinart and Young's look?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 20, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »

OK so last week he is not the answer.  Now he wins one game in a row!  So lets sign him to a ten year deal then.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 20, 2006, 12:25:47 PM »

MJS,

Great stats! Do you know how Leinart and Young's look?

I have added them to the list, and it shows you what to expect from a rookie QB   >:(

« #21 : November 20, 2006, 01:10:47 PM »

Yeah, but like you told us last offseason Brackins would've improved us greatly.

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #22 : November 20, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

Wonder if we should look into bringing in Tim Brown as our WR coach in 2007? Clayton seemed to thrive with him here and Galloway came in nicely at the end of 2004.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 20, 2006, 01:27:14 PM »

Grads played well yesterday. However I think people need to give some props to Gruden. He opens some things up and when they are open they are really open. Grads will get better with time.

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #24 : November 20, 2006, 01:33:46 PM »

Grads will get better with time.

no sh1t Sherlock.   

Seriously though, that is ALL most people have been saying for a few weeks.  Grads is the most accurate passer they have had in training since Gruden arrived in Tampa.  Once he gets the game speed and good chemistry with the receivers he will be a very serviceable starting NFL QB.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 20, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »

haha, kinda obvious I know.

Yeah I mean its a complete work in progress and I think Gruden has done a great job (which he gets little credit for). I don't know what to think about our WR's, its a borderline mess.

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #26 : November 20, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »

haha, kinda obvious I know.

Yeah I mean its a complete work in progress and I think Gruden has done a great job (which he gets little credit for). I don't know what to think about our WR's, its a borderline mess.

It is a little scary that Galloway is nearing the end of his career and we have no one else that looks a competent starting WR on the roster right now.

BTW - Joey Galloway is 35 to day.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 20, 2006, 02:37:22 PM »

I think the team is starting to mesh together.  Let's face it, with Joey only practicing 2 Xs a week, with all the injuries etc.  this ACTUAL unit has not played together very much....Also, do you think the dropped passes have anything to do with Grads being right handed, the ball supposedly spinning differently than Simms and the receivers getting re-adjusted to a righty   I have no idea...just asking. 

Love that Grads.  Love his non-blond blue eyed look personally.  He looks like a real guy...no offense to Simms...when he's 50 he'll look 12 years old.

« #28 : November 20, 2006, 03:49:40 PM »

Yeah, but like you told us last offseason Brackins would've improved us greatly.

Hey, I state my opinion like any of us and try to support them...I stand by what I say until I see something to change my opinion. I see a lot in Bruce now that I didnt see a few weeks ago. Am I late to party? Probably, but at least I stood behind Chris and my opinion of him...with Larry he was the project that didnt work. I believed from his film that he had skills to make us better. Obviosuly I was wrong and I closed that book a long time ago

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #29 : November 20, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

Hey, I state my opinion like any of us and try to support them...I stand by what I say until I see something to change my opinion. I see a lot in Bruce now that I didnt see a few weeks ago. Am I late to party? Probably, but at least I stood behind Chris and my opinion of him...with Larry he was the project that didnt work. I believed from his film that he had skills to make us better. Obviosuly I was wrong and I closed that book a long time ago

Good post!

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have been critical of Bruce « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools