Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have been critical of Bruce « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#30 : November 20, 2006, 06:42:31 PM

Gruden had a great quote after the game, something to the effect of: This team will get better with every snap. You might not enjoy watching those snaps, but they're all important snaps.

The "conservative" snaps were and continue to be tough to watch -- but I really do see improvement in the team's play on offense. It's inconsistent improvement, but it appears to be trending in the right direction. There's now six more games -- it'll be interesting to see what we have when all is said and done.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 20, 2006, 06:47:10 PM

Gruden had a great quote after the game, something to the effect of: This team will get better with every snap. You might not enjoy watching those snaps, but they're all important snaps.

The "conservative" snaps were and continue to be tough to watch -- but I really do see improvement in the team's play on offense. It's inconsistent improvement, but it appears to be trending in the right direction. There's now six more games -- it'll be interesting to see what we have when all is said and done.

We have to remember the O-line is a work-in-progress, and full of youth. If the O-line can develop and get the run game going the QB only needs to be a manager.  We have the begins of a pretty good offense, the seeds have been planted, we just need to be patient and see what develops.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 20, 2006, 08:26:44 PM

Hense I am starting to realize its just our horrible WR corp not our QB's that are the problem.
Yeah, but like you told us last offseason Brackins would've improved us greatly.

Hey, I state my opinion like any of us and try to support them...I stand by what I say until I see something to change my opinion. I see a lot in Bruce now that I didnt see a few weeks ago. Am I late to party? Probably, but at least I stood behind Chris and my opinion of him...with Larry he was the project that didnt work. I believed from his film that he had skills to make us better. Obviosuly I was wrong and I closed that book a long time ago

And that is what a message board is for.  And for you to go out of the way to say you were wrong about a player is going beyond the call.  Wouldn't want to make a list of all the things I have been wrong about as respectst the bucs (or anything else).  Insofar as the bucs are concerned the list would be long and the effort redundant (both Abuccs and Dal have the list done I suspect)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 20, 2006, 08:31:22 PM

And that is what a message board is for.  And for you to go out of the way to say you were wrong about a player is going beyond the call.  Wouldn't want to make a list of all the things I have been wrong about as respectst the bucs (or anything else).  Insofar as the bucs are concerned the list would be long and the effort redundant (both Abuccs and Dal have the list done I suspect)

Amen.

and you are not wrong yet utspartan, Grads has a longway to go before he is guaranteed the starters job next year.  Even if he starts next season that is no gurantee he has a future in Tampa, we learned that the hard way with Chris SImms this year.   >:(

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have been critical of Bruce « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools