Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Game to Get Right « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: November 20, 2006, 09:12:45 AM

We won by 3 at home vs. a team minus their 2 biggest playmakers and a rookie QB. I am all for "a win is a win.....", but not having to defend Portis and Moss helped a great deal too.

Dallas will be a much larger test to try and run on.

that's what I was thinking. Romo's going to eat this secondary alive, it's going to make that turkey go down rough. Looks like I'll be heavily drunk by 3 to soften the blow.

Did anyone else notice what little pass rush we had yesterday? This team used to eat rooie QB's alive at Ray Jay, made me almost puke yeaterday.

The line is beat the hell up.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 20, 2006, 09:03:30 AM

Obviously the best looking game of the year for the Bucs, mystifiying how we won by 3 because it seemed very obvious very early on that the Bucs were in control of the game.

Short week, the "feel good" off a good performance couldn't come at a better time because, unlike a normal week where that might wear off, I suspect the boost from that can carry over into the game with a Dallas team that has looked markedly better since they dumped Drew Bledsoe.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2006, 09:05:32 AM

mystifiying how we won by 3 because it seemed very obvious very early on that the Bucs were in control of the game.

It was the rookie QBs fault, aren't you keeping up Dal ?

#3 : November 20, 2006, 09:06:02 AM

We won by 3 at home vs. a team minus their 2 biggest playmakers and a rookie QB.  I am all for "a win is a win.....", but not having to defend Portis and Moss helped a great deal too.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2006, 09:10:54 AM

We won by 3 at home vs. a team minus their 2 biggest playmakers and a rookie QB. I am all for "a win is a win.....", but not having to defend Portis and Moss helped a great deal too.

that's what I was thinking. Romo's going to eat this secondary alive, it's going to make that turkey go down rough. Looks like I'll be heavily drunk by 3 to soften the blow.

Did anyone else notice what little pass rush we had yesterday? This team used to eat rooie QB's alive at Ray Jay, made me almost puke yeaterday.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 20, 2006, 09:11:54 AM

I'd say Thursday marks the start of a very tough stretch of our season where, even if it doesn't necessarily result in wins, it is very important to start to see continual and marked improvement particularly in our offense. Personally, I like the fact that the Bucs played a prime time game just a week ago, so hopefully they won't be as starry eyed on Thanksgiving, and they can make some of those plays they have been leaving on the field and can compete.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 20, 2006, 09:17:10 AM

Monte is certainly going to have his hands full.  Hopefully Wymms might be back.  If Bolden is out then Cox will start?  Buchanon better show up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2006, 09:22:10 AM

It looks like Zemaitis may have his shot but I would have prefered he was on the field earlier in the year.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 20, 2006, 09:32:27 AM

Well it wasnt the lack of playmakers on O for them. We totally controlled the ball and could have scored on almost any drive.  We ned to keep it up. Boy a healthy Buenning helps

#9 : November 20, 2006, 10:47:00 AM

We won by 3 at home vs. a team minus their 2 biggest playmakers and a rookie QB.  I am all for "a win is a win.....", but not having to defend Portis and Moss helped a great deal too.

Can't say that. We're down Rice, Wyms, Quarles and Kelly. Put Portis and Moss back in, fine, give us our guys back and we beat 'em worse IMHO. You play who you play with you you have. You win you never apoligize and you lose and you;ve got no excuses.

I am in agreement to a point.  But with the fact that Rice has been a non-factor in the pass rush this year changes nothing IMO.

I agree tho that you play with who you have. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 20, 2006, 12:24:38 PM

Can't say that. We're down Rice, Wyms, Quarles and Kelly. Put Portis and Moss back in, fine, give us our guys back and we beat 'em worse IMHO. You play who you play with you you have. You win you never apoligize and you lose and you;ve got no excuses.

Dal I totally agree with that one...I really don't want to hear about the Woes of the other team.  We have our own.  To include the minuses during the game...Loosing BK was tough, but BK and Bolden...Who plays TO Thursday?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 20, 2006, 10:02:13 PM

Well it wasnt the lack of playmakers on O for them. We totally controlled the ball and could have scored on almost any drive.  We ned to keep it up. Boy a healthy Buenning helps

Buenning is at half strength and is not even on the top of his game is still better than a healthy Mahan.  It does make a difference.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 20, 2006, 10:06:01 PM

Well it wasnt the lack of playmakers on O for them. We totally controlled the ball and could have scored on almost any drive. We ned to keep it up. Boy a healthy Buenning helps

Buenning is at half strength and is not even on the top of his game is still better than a healthy Mahan. It does make a difference.

And that is so easy to see ADW.  Agree completely.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 20, 2006, 11:06:06 PM

Newsflash: The 2006 Bucs suck.  We just got done beating another sucky team on our home turf.  The Bucs aren't going to "get right" this year.  Now you are going to come on after we get blown out and say "See we had a chance to 'get right' but we didn't do it blah blah Gruden blah"

Why hold your breath for a team that is already out of it?  Only one reason:  Dalbuc is setting up the bowling pins so he can knock them down after the game.  Knock them down, Dalbuc, if it makes you feel better.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 20, 2006, 11:08:59 PM

I think the Cowboys are a better team than the Bucs this year, and I especially think they will be the better team this Thursday coming off of a short week. I'd just like to see some positives from the Bucs; something to look forward to down the road. That's all I'm asking for this year.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools