Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hardy's getting better « previous next »
Page: 1

Pick6

Hall of Famer
: November 20, 2006, 09:15:59 AM

haven't had a chance to catch many radio broadcasts this year, but i heard some of the gene & hardy's commentary for this game, and nickerson sounds miles better than he did in preseason....he's settling in well with gene from the sound of it, and sounded like he was offering up some good football insight....i'm glad this has turned out better than i feared when he first got on the air...

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 20, 2006, 01:24:24 PM

I think he is too. I think he loosened up after the 62 yard field goal celebrations. Pretty good job.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2006, 01:35:54 PM

He's still not polished, but that will come with time.  I love having his knowledge in the booth.  Especially defensively.  He's got the smarts. He's got to find him a catch phrase or two, incorporate some good cliche's that roll off the tongue, and be calm.  He'll get there...he's just nervous.  How about having the likes of Gene Deckerhoff to work with though?  That's got to be awesome...

Ohhhh, now there's a giveaway for the Bucs.  You get to spend a Sunday in the booth with Gene!!!  I'd be all over that contest...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 20, 2006, 07:16:57 PM

its like night and day,hes way better then Brantly...big improvement,hes very entertaining and hes got some smarts and is always prepared....very different then SillyO and Beckles...2 jocks that really suck.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2006, 07:21:07 PM

I agree that Hardy is improving.   I don't think he's as good as Brantley yet, but I can now listen to Hardy without cringing.   This may work out after all.   He does of course have some knowledge and a love for the game.   He also seems to be a Buc fan.   I wonder why he ever left us and went to Jax?     If the radio shows had him replace Duemig, Beckles, or Sileo they would be making a drastic improvement in area radio.   

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 20, 2006, 07:24:19 PM

I heard a little bit of Hardy this weekend, and if that was an improvement he must have been awful to start with.  I suppose he is using the Buccaneer method of setting the bar real low so anything is an improvement.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2006, 07:28:44 PM

I heard a little bit of Hardy this weekend, and if that was an improvement he must have been awful to start with. I suppose he is using the Buccaneer method of setting the bar real low so anything is an improvement.

He was absolutely the worst in history when he started.   He literally would stutter for 5 seconds before saying what he intended to say.   Now the stuttering is down to 2 seconds and only intermittently.   He's improved alot.     

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2006, 07:30:15 PM

He's definitely better, but I wish (and this is probably a silly gripe) that he wouldn't spend so much time laughing at Gene's quips.  Most established broadcast pairs will go back and forth in a repartee, but I imagine that will come in time.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 21, 2006, 12:20:50 PM

Hardy is a heck of a lot better at the moment than he was at the beginning. I still kinda miss Scott Brantley, I thought he was a really good sidekick to Gene.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Max Power

Starter

#9 : November 21, 2006, 12:48:59 PM

I heard a little bit of Hardy this weekend, and if that was an improvement he must have been awful to start with.  I suppose he is using the Buccaneer method of setting the bar real low so anything is an improvement.

Before:

Deckerhoff: Cadillac scoots left for a 3 yard gain to the 25

Hardy: That was a running play Gene!

After:

Deckerhoff: Cadillac scoots left for a 3 yard gain to the 25

Hardy: That was a nice running play Gene!

Sometimes it's the little things  : )

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hardy's getting better « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools