Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who starts for Bolden « previous next »
Page: 1

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

: November 20, 2006, 10:03:21 AM

I shudder to see Torrie Cox starting. Could Buchanan be a temp fix?

wildbuc99

Rookie

#1 : November 20, 2006, 10:15:42 AM

I shudder to see Torrie Cox starting. Could Buchanan be a temp fix

Is Boldin even out for sure??? Lets not rule him out until coach says he is out.. It will be a long day without him though if he dont play..  PLEASE do not let T.O. score...Damn I hate that guy!

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 20, 2006, 10:25:53 AM

Bolden appeared to have a siginificant sprain and with the short week it would seem likely that he would be prety impaired.

#3 : November 20, 2006, 10:43:13 AM

Why is Buchanan > Cox? Gold Tooth ain't much but someone wanted him on an NFL roster which is more than you can say for Buchanan who is here only because Kelly got hurt and Allen drafted him. Seriously, plenty of teams need help in the defensive backfield and none of them wanted Buchanan either. Cox starts, Buchanan in the nickle and we all do shots everytime we see the back of #27 chasing Glenn or TO down the field on Turkey Day.

I think Cox is our best option right now.  Not good, but he knows the system. Hopefully we'll get Zemaitis some playing time.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2006, 10:47:03 AM

Buchanon is very good at man to man coverage as he can blanket people and is decent in zone.  But he is not good enough to be a starter.  He is a decent nickel/dime corner.  Cox has the most experience but he simply is not good enough to be an adequate starter.  Bolden at least has shown at times he can be adequate starting.

I am not thrilled with the idea of throwing Zemaitis into the fire but he seems to be the best option.  I say why not?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 20, 2006, 11:11:42 AM

All_da_way,  I agree but I think it may be a major blow to a young players confidence expecting him to keep up with either of Dallas' WR's.  This could be a long game and I would expect that Dallas attacks us through the air early.  If these CB's can not hold their own it will be a very very veryy long game.  As much as I love the Bucs if I was a betting man I would take Dallas and the points in this one.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2006, 11:18:37 AM

I see it as a learning experience.  I think it is a bigger blow to a player if he is sitting on the bench the entire year and is not even active for special teams play.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 20, 2006, 12:36:03 PM

Everyone had high regard for Buchanon given his draft status, and the fact that after being quietly labeled a bust in Oaktown, he was traded to the Houston Boneheads for some very high picks (2nd and a third, I believe).

That is why in most eyes, PB > Cox.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 20, 2006, 12:39:30 PM

While it may be good for him to see Wr's such as TO in his first year for growth reasons I would rather have him start with anybody else.  I think it could go eaither way he would either learn from it and get better or get frustrated and slow his progress.  I don't that that is a chance the team will be willing to take.  If Bolden is out for any period of time I think Zem should get the start the following week.

#9 : November 20, 2006, 12:56:57 PM

All_da_way,  I agree but I think it may be a major blow to a young players confidence expecting him to keep up with either of Dallas' WR's.  This could be a long game and I would expect that Dallas attacks us through the air early.  If these CB's can not hold their own it will be a very very veryy long game.  As much as I love the Bucs if I was a betting man I would take Dallas and the points in this one.

I was leaning towards using Zemaits in the Dime, maybe even a bit in the nickel.  I wouldn't expect him to cover either of their two starting WRs.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 20, 2006, 01:03:17 PM

with a lossing season thats over i dont think it realy matters much when Zemaits starts

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 20, 2006, 01:12:44 PM

Beniro, the only problem is that our NB has to cover most of the time because Barber comes inside.  That would put Zem on one of those guys, if Barber stayed outside and Zem played NB then that would be great.

Detroit,  this season is over but you dont want to kill a kids confidence especially if he has been strubling already.  No CB jumps into this system and does great right away.  Look how long it took for Kelly and Barber.  I just don't think its worth stunting his growth this weekend.  The TV audience will be huge and that is just more pressure of the kid, I just dont want to see him crack. 

Bolden is the wild card here, if he can't play then we have no other choice.  Hopefully it speeds up his progression.  I would rather wait a few weeks but we may not have a choice.

ABN

Starter
#12 : November 20, 2006, 01:19:57 PM

It sure seems like they need to take a look at Zemaitis and give him some experince before the draft.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 20, 2006, 02:06:13 PM

maybe after this game Z will get some time, no realy big games after this week

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 20, 2006, 02:08:29 PM

If Zemaits and Buchanon can learn and progress this season, it would give us a decent set of backs when Kelly returns.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who starts for Bolden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools