Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Follow Recruiting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2007, 08:05:26 AM

I personally love it, its one of my favorite things about College football.

Oregon got good news there now in the running for the #1 player in the country Terrelle Pryor. Mike Bellotti went to his game this week, and hes now added them to his list with Florida, Ohio State, WVU etc.

Just curious if Im the only nerd out here? Recruiting and the NFL draft are two of the best things about football.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 06, 2007, 09:18:39 AM

imo, recruiting is a huge waste of time (for the fans).  i do like national signing day. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 06, 2007, 10:00:27 AM

I follow it OBF, over on Swamp Gas.  I love it!  I didn't know that Terrelle had listed Oregon to his list.  He's 6'6", 210 lbs and an All American in both basketball and football.   He actually wants to play both sports in college, but that sure would be tough.  I would love it if he was a Gator! :)

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

2goodbucs

Starter
#3 : December 06, 2007, 10:09:57 AM

I've been following a little bit of it and Terrelle Pryor is smart to not make a commitment until later on in the season. I wish he had my team, Hawaii, on the list.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 06, 2007, 10:20:09 AM

he'll learn quickly that you cant play well in 2 sports.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 06, 2007, 10:41:09 AM

I follow it OBF, over on Swamp Gas. I love it! I didn't know that Terrelle had listed Oregon to his list. He's 6'6", 210 lbs and an All American in both basketball and football. He actually wants to play both sports in college, but that sure would be tough. I would love it if he was a Gator! :)

Yeah Scout says he got added and he said he really respected that Bellotti went to his game. It doesnt hurt that we have a solid hoops team with a top 10 recruiting class coming in. Still sounds like Ohio State is the leader, but I expect Oregon to land atleast 2 4+ star dual threat QB's.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 06, 2007, 10:51:09 AM

Julio Jones to Bama.......... Please God let it happen

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : December 06, 2007, 01:09:01 PM

Pryor has said that when he gets to college he knows he is going to have to pick a sport and he can't play both the whole time.

My guess is he'll RS his first year of football and play basketball, then choose the next year which way he is going to go.

OSU looks to be the leader.

I like recruiting and I follow it, but I don't get as worked up as some people do if a player chooses someone else.  Recruiting is important but more important than stars is getting guys that fill needs and fit in.

Take FSU for example, they have a bunch of highly rated LB's and such, but their biggest hole, OL, is neglected yet again.  Looks good on the rankings but reality is how much is it helping that team? 

Not to mention a lot of services jack up ratings of players of certain schools.  A lot of behind the scenes influence going on, especially with rivals. 

It is a fun time though, and like the NFL draft we won't really know for a couple years whether a class truly panned out. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 08, 2007, 02:54:47 AM

Pryor has said that when he gets to college he knows he is going to have to pick a sport and he can't play both the whole time.

My guess is he'll RS his first year of football and play basketball, then choose the next year which way he is going to go.

OSU looks to be the leader.

I like recruiting and I follow it, but I don't get as worked up as some people do if a player chooses someone else. Recruiting is important but more important than stars is getting guys that fill needs and fit in.

Take FSU for example, they have a bunch of highly rated LB's and such, but their biggest hole, OL, is neglected yet again. Looks good on the rankings but reality is how much is it helping that team?

Not to mention a lot of services jack up ratings of players of certain schools. A lot of behind the scenes influence going on, especially with rivals.

It is a fun time though, and like the NFL draft we won't really know for a couple years whether a class truly panned out.

I agree, many of Oregons best players were 3 stars and lower (Dixon, Jaison Williams, Patrick Chung, Jemriah Johnson) and we have had 5 star Cameron Colvin who is a bust. So more importantly its about how well the coaches can evaluate talent. I usually dont get excited about the star factor but Oregon needs a few dual threat QB's, so I got pretty excited seeing him even now add us.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 08, 2007, 07:14:34 AM

According to an article in his hometown Newspaper from earlier this week, he has made NO decision (from his coach)and is still open. The only firm thing they mentioned was that Pitt was eliminated from consideration, Penn State was doubtful, and that Pryor "wasn't sure about (how he would fit with) Ohio States offense".

My guess is WVU, Florida and Oregon has a great shot. I watched the kid on national TV and he dominated, they pulled him in the 3rd qtr and put him at safety. Not to mention hes a 4 star basketball player. Whoever gets this kid, gets a special player

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : December 08, 2007, 09:27:42 AM

I don't think he is going to UF, but the odd thing is UF has been the one constant in his recruiting process.  He has added and dropped teams, but UF has always remained.   I think UF is recruiting him more so as a BIG WR in the Ingram mold, rather than a QB.  I suspect he will want to have a crack at QB which will hurt UF.  In the end I think UF will just be the last hat on the table, but it is interesting how they have stayed in the hunt the whole time while he has added/dropped.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 08, 2007, 09:47:21 AM

I don't think he is going to UF, but the odd thing is UF has been the one constant in his recruiting process. He has added and dropped teams, but UF has always remained. I think UF is recruiting him more so as a BIG WR in the Ingram mold, rather than a QB. I suspect he will want to have a crack at QB which will hurt UF. In the end I think UF will just be the last hat on the table, but it is interesting how they have stayed in the hunt the whole time while he has added/dropped.

Yeah I have doubts he comes out west, but Im amazed how many dual threat QB's have interest in Oregon now (thanks Dixon). I think what Oregon has that some teams dont is that they will let him play hoops as well (Kent did it last year). But at the end of the day I doubt his parents want him to go across country

jakedakota

Starter

#12 : December 08, 2007, 10:50:32 AM

Yes OREGONBUCFAN, To answer your question, You are the only NERD out there

Jake

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 08, 2007, 10:57:16 AM

Yes OREGONBUCFAN, To answer your question, You are the only NERD out there

Jake

Yes Dakota you are the only idiot out there. Congrats you carry the award well

jakedakota

Starter

#14 : December 08, 2007, 06:20:15 PM

Now, Now, OREGONBUCFAN..Name calling at Christmas time??!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Follow Recruiting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools