Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Follow Recruiting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 08, 2007, 10:48:20 PM

Now, Now, OREGONBUCFAN..Name calling at Christmas time??!!

No I just say whats true

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 08, 2007, 11:47:28 PM

anyone know much about Jacory Harris and Tommy Streeter from Miami Florida? Both are pretty high recruits both vistied Oregon the last game of the year and loved there visit. I read Jacory Harris mom wants him to stay close, but from reading between the lines sounds like he really wants to come to Oregon. Since most people are from Florida, curious if anyone has watched these teammates?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 09, 2007, 01:34:17 AM

Ernie Kent is flying out to Penn to turn the heat up on Pryor. Definately feel like the odds are going up for Oregon. IMO Ernie Kent is one of the best recruiting basketball coaches in the country.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : December 12, 2007, 07:41:12 PM

Rumor is Pryor has dropped OSU and PSU and is down to Pitt, Oregon, UF and WVA.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2007, 09:14:08 PM

Rumor is Pryor has dropped OSU and PSU and is down to Pitt, Oregon, UF and WVA.

yep read he also dropped Texas. Sounds like he will be making a visit soon to Oregon, according to SI

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 13, 2007, 08:27:06 PM

Oregon landed 5 star DT Justin Thompson 1 of 5 JC 5 star athletes in the country. Always better when you take one from Les Miles.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#21 : December 13, 2007, 08:40:11 PM

Oregon landed 5 star DT Justin Thompson 1 of 5 JC 5 star athletes in the country. Always better when you take one from Les Miles.

Thompson is a 4 star on rivals but is listed as a 6.0 rating which is very high.  He is rated #5 on JUCO top 50 though.  Looks like a good player.

I am always on the fence about JC players.  They are really hit or miss more than others.  And really, they can set your program back given that they take up a scholly but aren't around very long.  Generally they are recruited to fill a hole and then when they leave that hole can still remain.  I prefer the guys that can have 4 years and develop, but sometimes they are a necessary evil I guess.  Generally when a program is taking a lot of these guys it means the program is in bad shape. 

UF has 2 right now, 5 star WR Carl Moore and 3 star DT Troy Epps. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 13, 2007, 08:46:51 PM

Thompson is a 4 star on rivals but is listed as a 6.0 rating which is very high. He is rated #5 on JUCO top 50 though. Looks like a good player.

I am always on the fence about JC players. They are really hit or miss more than others. And really, they can set your program back given that they take up a scholly but aren't around very long. Generally they are recruited to fill a hole and then when they leave that hole can still remain. I prefer the guys that can have 4 years and develop, but sometimes they are a necessary evil I guess. Generally when a program is taking a lot of these guys it means the program is in bad shape.

UF has 2 right now, 5 star WR Carl Moore and 3 star DT Troy Epps.

I like it cause we lose 2 DT, and Miles Wade and Fili are both in JC (disnt make it academically) so we dont have them until after this coming year. So it should be perfect timing.

JC players usually only are productive 1 year which sucks, but no doubt Thomspon will start this year. So atleast we should get 2 years from him.

I have a feeling Oregons defense will be better then there offense next year. They have probably a 1st team all american at safety, and probably a 2nd team all american at DE if he plays like he did this year. Added with both corners returning and thompson up front they should be pretty solid.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 14, 2007, 07:52:23 PM

Oregon landed Darron Thomas (#11 QB) who decommited from LSU. Came down to Oregon and Florida. Im glad we take another from Les Miles. Shouldnt effect Pryor because Thomas states he would prefer to play WR, but will play QB. They say his game pretty much is the same as Dixon. Will be in for Spring and they say possibly if he can take a few exams will be in for winter. Should definately have a chance to compete and with Costa injured has a chance to possibly start.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : December 14, 2007, 09:20:32 PM

Pretty sure Thomas didn't have a committable offer from UF.  Also, I think he wants to play QB.  I think it does affect Pryor.  Something tells me that Pryor ends up at WVA.  Just a hunch though.  WVA and UF have been the 2 constants as Pryor adds/drops schools on a dime.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 14, 2007, 09:40:35 PM

Pretty sure Thomas didn't have a committable offer from UF. Also, I think he wants to play QB. I think it does affect Pryor. Something tells me that Pryor ends up at WVA. Just a hunch though. WVA and UF have been the 2 constants as Pryor adds/drops schools on a dime.

Thomas has said he has no problem playing WR and that its his fav position. Eugene newspaper said it came down to Oregon Florida, no idea if Florida offered. I dont think Pryor goes to WVU if Rich leaves

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : December 14, 2007, 09:45:19 PM

Agree, if Rich leaves he probably won't.

The kid changes his mind so often who knows really.  Like I said though, even though UF has been one fo 2 constants on his list, I don't think he goes UF.  He wants to play QB and he is at least 3 years out of QB at UF.  At UF he'd likely take over the CI role as BIG WR/TE.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 14, 2007, 10:06:58 PM

Agree, if Rich leaves he probably won't.

The kid changes his mind so often who knows really. Like I said though, even though UF has been one fo 2 constants on his list, I don't think he goes UF. He wants to play QB and he is at least 3 years out of QB at UF. At UF he'd likely take over the CI role as BIG WR/TE.

Yeah, Florida has a truck load of talent at QB. I hope he goes to Oregon but I have a feeling being across the country will hurt there chances. I definately think he would come in and start if he came here which definately helps.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : December 14, 2007, 10:25:33 PM

Nice Piece ESPN did on Tebow's recruitment:

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 17, 2007, 03:39:53 AM

From an Oregon blog...

Pryor and Rodriguez to Michigan Together? Looks like it.
Posted by brickert December 16, 2007 11:07AM
It wouldn't be a shock of Rich Rodriguez took the Michigan job. He flirted with the 'Bama job last year and then stayed home for a much bigger deal. But this is Michigan. And all he's saying right now is, 'No comment.' Which means he's going. But I'm sure Rodriguez won't be pleased to hear a prized recruit has just basically announced Rodriguez's decision to leave West Virginia for Michigan. Not the way you want that to go down. A lot of ramifications there I'm sure. But more on that in the coming days.

Pryor said he talked with him last night and was told by Rodriguez that the 'made me an offer I couldn't refuse'. The full quote went something like this, "I just spoke to Coach Rodriguez about ten minutes ago and he told me he is going to Michigan," Pryor explained. He said they made him an offer an he can't refuse it." Well, Pryor's about to get the same deal in Ann Arbor.

Yesterday, I talked about the possibility of Pryor taking the same allegiance he had with Rodriguez and West Virginia to Michigan, and was kind of scoffed at by some. But, ahem, here it comes. The spread offense to the Big 1(1) and Rodriguez can bring in Pryor to do it.

Sets up perfectly for everyone involved, except Ryan Mallett who was recruited to play under Coach Carr. Mallett would quickly be the odd man out here and, fast forward 5 weeks here, looking to transfer. Where? I dunno, but I'd bet even money that Pryor and Rodriguez wind up in Ann Arbor together. Rodriguez gets a guy who can learn the system quickly. He can bank the first year as a 'rebuilding year' with a 'freshman quarterback', and start to bring in more offensively versatile guys who can run the offense for him. Ron Zook style. Two years from now Michigan's out there trying to put up big points. They watched what Oregon did to them, and if they get Rodriguez and subsequently Pryor, they'll could be in a similar spot offensively by '09.

Watch for Oregon to still go after Pryor, but I don't think he's coming to Oregon. At least, not after these latest developments.

Cant say Im mad we got one of the best QB's in the country in Thomas and Chris Harper who I believe makes his decision tommorow.  Hopefully Pryor visit but sounds like a Michigan lock

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Follow Recruiting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools