Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Follow Recruiting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#30 : December 17, 2007, 10:40:03 AM

I always felt Pryor to WVU was inevitable.  Now, with RR going to Michigan I think it's a no brainer.  While I'm not as high on him as some, Big 1(1) is a match made in heaven for him. If he is going to be successful there is no better, easier place than that conference. By year 2 he could be dominating against those defenses. 

Wonder where Mallet would go?  Considering he played this year he could RS the year he has to sit and still have 3 years left.  If I am him, and I know I am going to transfer, I do it now.  That way I can start my year and be ready for next spring.  Have a full year and 2 springs in whatever system and be ready to go  as a RS Soph.  USF maybe?  Grothe would be gone by that time.  What if he went to OSU? That would be funny. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 17, 2007, 09:06:36 PM

I always felt Pryor to WVU was inevitable. Now, with RR going to Michigan I think it's a no brainer. While I'm not as high on him as some, Big 1(1) is a match made in heaven for him. If he is going to be successful there is no better, easier place than that conference. By year 2 he could be dominating against those defenses.

Wonder where Mallet would go? Considering he played this year he could RS the year he has to sit and still have 3 years left. If I am him, and I know I am going to transfer, I do it now. That way I can start my year and be ready for next spring. Have a full year and 2 springs in whatever system and be ready to go as a RS Soph. USF maybe? Grothe would be gone by that time. What if he went to OSU? That would be funny.

rumor is that hes going to replace WVU with Oregon, I hope but its def a longshot he will come to oregon.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 21, 2007, 03:39:30 PM

It's obviously going to be tough to replace those two guys.    There are some young guys that should be able to step in.  Pass rush will be important as those guys adapt.  Again, gotta have confidence in Leavitt and Burnham to reload on that side of the ball.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 21, 2007, 03:32:50 PM

Could be an answer to replacing Moffitt.  JUCO signing from Pearl River.  Didn't Larry Brackins play there? ;D

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1354962

See BBB, just have to have faith that Leavitt and Burnham will continue to reload on that side of the ball.  ;)

We also seem to be able to reload at LB. I'm actually more concerned about losing jenkins and Williams .... Having those two be able to play a lot of one-on-one was a tremendous help.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 21, 2007, 09:08:21 AM

Could be an answer to replacing Moffitt.  JUCO signing from Pearl River.  Didn't Larry Brackins play there? ;D

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1354962

See BBB, just have to have faith that Leavitt and Burnham will continue to reload on that side of the ball.  ;)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 24, 2007, 06:03:29 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducksfootball/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/11983803135330.xml&coll=7&thispage=1

Pryor is visiting Oregon, chances to land him just went up. Hopefully the facilities cross cancel the distance factor

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 06, 2008, 02:15:31 AM

anyone know when Pryor is going to commit?

I read he isnt going to visit Oregon anymore (which Id imagine drops us), then I tune into Sportscenter this morning and they have the ESPN guy on who says its Oregon or Michigan and that Oregon is coming on strong. So Im just wondering does anyone know when he will decide?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 06, 2008, 02:56:53 AM

Heard on the radio today that Mallett will transfer to Texas. I guess that was his 2nd choice originally. I don't know if that means Pryor is going to Michigan or if Mallet just wants out.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 06, 2008, 03:00:50 AM

I don't know if you all have heard of these 2 guys but here locally our HS team just won the state championship in Texas and finished 3rd nationally(Katy, TX) but the star RB, Aundrae Dean was heading to UCLA and has since opened the recruiting back up and is now listing UCLA, Ohio St and Oregon. The QB was heading to Hawaii, but with Jones resigning, I'm wondering if he'll consider othere also. His name is Bo Levi Mitchell.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 06, 2008, 03:55:10 AM

Heard on the radio today that Mallett will transfer to Texas. I guess that was his 2nd choice originally. I don't know if that means Pryor is going to Michigan or if Mallet just wants out.

I heard UCLA... Mallett is transfering because Michigan is running the spread.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 06, 2008, 03:55:58 AM

I don't know if you all have heard of these 2 guys but here locally our HS team just won the state championship in Texas and finished 3rd nationally(Katy, TX) but the star RB, Aundrae Dean was heading to UCLA and has since opened the recruiting back up and is now listing UCLA, Ohio St and Oregon. The QB was heading to Hawaii, but with Jones resigning, I'm wondering if he'll consider othere also. His name is Bo Levi Mitchell.

Havent heard about Dean. We need a RB this class. We got the 2nd best JC RB but we need a HS RB pretty bad this class

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 06, 2008, 04:00:20 AM

Have you watched Blake Cantu play?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#42 : January 06, 2008, 01:02:45 PM

I've heard the name, but I haven't seen him play. I really only know the Katy kids because you can't help but read about them. Dean is about 6-1 210 lbs and runs a 4.3. He ran for close to or over 200 yds in the state championship. He also played safety for them and they only gave up an average of 8.6 pts a game for the season.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 16, 2008, 03:44:23 AM

www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitts...s/s_547661.html

• Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor, the nation's No. 1 recruit, continues to play switcheroo with his list of schools. Pryor is now interested in LSU, along with his original top five of Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State. Jeannette football coach Ray Reitz confirmed that Pryor will take an official visit to Michigan this weekend and Oregon on Feb. 2-3.

--- After saying he wont, he will. Obviously hes not sold on OSU and Michigan

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 01, 2008, 11:00:14 PM

signing day is just around the corner. Im happy with how Oregon has done thus far. Hoping Pryor doesnt announce weds, sounds like hes 50/50. If he doesnt its because hes visiting Oregon and reading between the lines that would mean hes second guessing OSU/Michigan.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone Follow Recruiting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools