Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Carnell Williams Update « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 06, 2007, 08:47:45 PM

Sounds like the player might be on the right track...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#31 : December 06, 2007, 09:11:57 PM

I hope Caddy comes back to make something of himself, although i am not getting my hopes up. It is a miracle that Graham has stepped up so nicelly. Now we are not handcuffed by Carnells status.

#32 : December 06, 2007, 09:58:40 PM

Bunch of idiots in this thread. Way to bash a player who's hurt. He's a good player too even if you guys can't see it.

This "idiot" was bashing him before his LATEST hurt. What exactly is it that makes him a good player?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 07, 2007, 07:48:29 AM

Bunch of idiots in this thread. Way to bash a player who's hurt. He's a good player too even if you guys can't see it.

This "idiot" was bashing him before his LATEST hurt. What exactly is it that makes him a good player?

Ut oh.... :o

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#34 : December 07, 2007, 07:59:44 AM

Turner

Only in your dreams....

#35 : December 07, 2007, 08:09:27 AM

Ut oh.... :o

LOL!!

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#36 : December 07, 2007, 09:06:48 AM

At some point, the old saying "if you don't have anything good to say..." should apply. Seems to me the management of this board took that position with Bornabuc's obsession with Gruden bashing. I, for one, would like to read a thread about one of OUR players without the usual suspects doing their "I told you so" routine at every opportunity.

No Carnell, no 2005 11-5, no NFCS winner, no OROY, no home playoff game. Have we had so many of these that we feel no compunction about denigrating a key component of that season?

Where is your Buccaneer heart? Has it grown so cold?   

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#37 : December 07, 2007, 10:02:34 AM

He's good?

#38 : December 07, 2007, 10:28:51 AM

At some point, the old saying "if you don't have anything good to say..." should apply. Seems to me the management of this board took that position with Bornabuc's obsession with Gruden bashing. I, for one, would like to read a thread about one of OUR players without the usual suspects doing their "I told you so" routine at every opportunity.

Is this not a message board where we come to voice our differing opinions.

No Carnell, no 2005 11-5, no NFCS winner, no OROY, no home playoff game.

Me thinks you're living in the past.

Where is your Buccaneer heart? Has it grown so cold?

My loyalty is to any player that makes this team better. IMO, Carnell does not.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 07, 2007, 10:56:39 AM

No Carnell, no 2005 11-5, no NFCS winner, no OROY, no home playoff game. Have we had so many of these that we feel no compunction about denigrating a key component of that season?

Great point...

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 07, 2007, 10:58:15 AM

Jones has the same injury and is projected to be ready for the start of the season in September. Williams is said to be a mid season return. Why is that? There has to be some logical explanation for this.

I hope Cadillac goes on to have a HOF type career with the Bucs. I'm just not very optimistic that he has the durability to play at this level. If he could get into a rotation with Graham and Bennett, maybe he could make it through a 16 game schedule and extend his career. As the primary back, I'll believe it when I see it.
Good luck Caddy.

Read an article somewhere that stated, Jones' injury was a "clean" tear of the ligament from the bone, whereas Caddy's was not.  Much easier to repair "clean" tear and will actually be stronger than before.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 07, 2007, 11:19:40 AM

IAt the beginning of the season I had no great expectations about Cadillac. What I did expect was he would get hurt. I sure didn't have to wait long for that to happen. That is his history with this team and making note of that fact is not bashing. It's an accurate observation. I wish him the best as that would be great for the team but judging from his first three years, we need a more dependable option. A player who's "hurt" is of no help to the team, and it seems like he is always hurt. I hope to see Bennett fill his role in the backfield. He appears to be faster and more elusive, and right now he is healthy.

Williams is not expected to be ready for the start of the '08 season so '09, his fifth year, will be the first year he might play a full sixteen game season. That does not fit my description of a "good" RB and that's ignoring his issues with pass blocking and receiving. No bashing, just facts.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 07, 2007, 01:02:27 PM

One thing is for sure, we can no longer afford to count on Cadillac to be our feature back.
Between his injuries and sub-standard performance it forces us to have a "stable" of backs, who are more than just backups.  It also, IMO, gives Gruden the opportunity to be much more creative in his play-calling, having a "stable" of backs who all bring something a bit different to the table.  Keeps defenses guessing, and unsure.  I think it makes us more dangerous and harder to defend.

bryan12112

Starter

#43 : December 07, 2007, 01:04:36 PM

Maybe the injury will force him to adjust and become more of a straight ahead type of runner. We've seen what Graham has done by running like that. Graham isn't flashy most of the time, but it doesn't matter. Our offensive line is good enough now that we don't need a super star RB that can make everyone miss. I'm excited about the idea of having Graham and Williams as our 1-2 punch.

Unless you can find that super star back that is durable and can carry the load, teams are better off with multiple players at the position.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 07, 2007, 01:12:51 PM

BC EG was an ufa there was no demand for him to step up and play, good to see everyone happy with him now that he has seemingly gotten past dropping the ball.

Caddy is injured too often - when one looks around the NFL seems like a lot of players have the same issues.  Not going to cut them all, few degrade them all, and I for one hope he comes back healthy, stays that way, and runs the ball like crazy so some folks can find something else to biatch about every time the kid's name is mentioned.

Noted the buccs are 8-4 - perhaps some focus on that?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Carnell Williams Update « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools