Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sims Was Just Too Good For the Bucs to Pass Up « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 20, 2014, 09:51:59 AM

The more I think about the guard situation the more I think it wasn't a bad idea to stock up on playmakers if the guard you like isn't rated over the playmakers. Need is always important but you can never have enough playmakers.

I think the idea is that McCown will make the OL look better, just like he did in Chicago. I am telling you, McCown was awesome last year. His ability to read a defense and know where to throw the ball in about 2 seconds was phenomenal. He wasnt staring down open WR's like our QB's were. He was releasing the ball before they even got out of their cuts.

McCown is going to be great here. We are likely going to the playoffs this year.
    Yep, and a spread with Jackson & Evans outside, with Herron & Sims slotted, and Jenkins inside is gonna be real tough to defend...

SackedBySapp

Starter

#16 : May 20, 2014, 10:03:23 AM

I'm VERY excited about this kid.  Not only because of his ability, but because of the statement it makes as to what our new offense is going to be about. Although I know what he was trying to say, I just wish Sims could have phrased this better:" "Catching balls is something I like to do. It's not much of a challenge."

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 20, 2014, 10:38:58 AM

Funny how Schiano had to replace Blount with Martin because Blount wasn't a 3-down back and now Lovie has brought in a new running back to catch passes on 3rd down to replace Martin.
i think a lot could have to do with the type of offense our new OC wants to run.
Apparently the new OC doesn't think it's so important to have a 3-down back.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 20, 2014, 10:42:33 AM

In a more extreme example, I'm not sure adrian Peterson would excel in a mike martz or chip Kelly offense. He would still be very good, but even his immense talents dont fit every offense to a t.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blackfoot

Starter
#19 : May 20, 2014, 11:43:37 AM

I am looking forward to seeing the new O! We can go with a lot of different packages. I think we also will be running a fast paced O more often this year. If we put to two RBs out there with  Evans, VJ and ASJ we can run anything we want without letting the D substitute. Fun stuff to think about.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#20 : May 20, 2014, 01:19:55 PM

Funny how Schiano had to replace Blount with Martin because Blount wasn't a 3-down back and now Lovie has brought in a new running back to catch passes on 3rd down to replace Martin.
Eagles went out and got sproles in free agency. Doesn't mean McCoy isn't going to be in on 3rd downs.... Same thing with Sims and Martin. We have no idea what there plan is yet.

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

#21 : May 20, 2014, 01:44:14 PM

From whats been said by OBP, seems like they feel both Martin and Sims are 3 down backs, tho each one brings their own skill set with strs/weaks. Martin is the more downhill compact runner but also shows off a decent pair of hands, tho by no means is he even close to being considered an elite recieving back. Sims on the other hand excels at the latter, even showing the ability to split wide into the slot where he can burn LBs on the reg. On top of that, he shows the adequate burst to cut and go that should also make him effective between the tackles runner. At this point his biggest ? is can he break tackles.

All in all I'm loving our rb stable this year, what with the depth in Rainey and James coupled with Demps unique skill set. Really looking forward to watching this offense go

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 20, 2014, 06:58:02 PM

Sims better be a future Pro Bowler to justify this pick. The last position the Bucs needed in the 3rd round was RB, regardless how good that RB is pro ported to be. That pick set the rest of the draft of no names talent. So what exactly are the Bucs going to do with 5 RB on the roster. With Martin as the current starter, Sims based on draft status as the #2. That leaves 1 RB will come from Rainey, James and Demps.  Sims was a totally unnecessary selection at that point.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 20, 2014, 07:06:52 PM

Sims better be a future Pro Bowler to justify this pick. The last position the Bucs needed in the 3rd round was RB, regardless how good that RB is pro ported to be. That pick set the rest of the draft of no names talent. So what exactly are the Bucs going to do with 5 RB on the roster. With Martin as the current starter, Sims based on draft status as the #2. That leaves 1 RB will come from Rainey, James and Demps.  Sims was a totally unnecessary selection at that point.
Ridiculous.

He needs to be an efficient part of a stable is what he needs to be.  Reliable, efficient.  He is a THIRD round running back.  He isn't supposed to come in and blow it up.  He is supposed to make the team, and make some plays. 

Now Doug Martin on the other hand...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 20, 2014, 07:07:59 PM

Sims gives the Bucs a chance to run a modern NFL offense. All the other backs who can only catch flat-footed screen passes are only fits for Schiano's Stone age offense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 20, 2014, 07:20:50 PM

Sims gives the Bucs a chance to run a modern NFL offense. All the other backs who can only catch flat-footed screen passes are only fits for Schiano's Stone age offense.

+1 lol.

If this wasnt a glaring deficiency, we would not have had to draft a 3rd round RB.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 20, 2014, 07:35:47 PM

The more I think about the guard situation the more I think it wasn't a bad idea to stock up on playmakers if the guard you like isn't rated over the playmakers. Need is always important but you can never have enough playmakers.

I think the idea is that McCown will make the OL look better, just like he did in Chicago. I am telling you, McCown was awesome last year. His ability to read a defense and know where to throw the ball in about 2 seconds was phenomenal. He wasnt staring down open WR's like our QB's were. He was releasing the ball before they even got out of their cuts.

McCown is going to be great here. We are likely going to the playoffs this year.
    Yep, and a spread with Jackson & Evans outside, with Herron & Sims slotted, and Jenkins inside is gonna be real tough to defend...

So you've already thrown Lavelle Hawkins and Louis Murphy aside for 2 rookies? Classic example of why fans aren't allowed to be GM's.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 20, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

So you've already thrown Lavelle Hawkins and Louis Murphy aside for 2 rookies? Classic example of why fans aren't allowed to be GM's.

Actually, most of YOUR posts have made is clear why fans shouldnt be GMs.. Pot meet kettle.

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

#28 : May 20, 2014, 07:43:15 PM

Hawkins and Murphy can still be depth in NDYs fantasy. Its awesome just imagining the possibilities, which also include Tim Wright and Brandon Myers and Doug Martin anyone? Looking forward to watching Wright burn some LBs and safeties for big gains.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 20, 2014, 07:50:17 PM

I like the potential of Sims. Good chance he'll be a stud. However, it was piss-poor value.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sims Was Just Too Good For the Bucs to Pass Up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools