Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: December 07, 2007, 07:22:35 PM

Laws is ranked 43rd in the country in tackles with 112. That's an average of 9.33 per game. Against Navy and Air Force, he tallied 31 tackles alone.

At 6'1 300 pounds has a quick first step and a high motor has a wicked spin move and can bull rush.

according to Charlie Wiess, laws is a fighter who often times make get knocked down but gets right back up and gets after the quarterback.

"The NFL scouts are looking hard at the players on the losing team," Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis told UND.com. "They're looking to see whose thrown in the towel and whose still out there fighting. And Trevor's still fighting."

projected draft round would be somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#1 : December 07, 2007, 08:35:57 PM

This guy is a diamond in the rough. I've watched him play and he would be a great fit for this team.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : December 07, 2007, 08:44:36 PM

Man Yucc you are on top of this draft man, I'm gonna have to start studying up like crazy so I can get on your level. :)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 07, 2007, 09:47:25 PM

according to Charlie Wiess, laws is a fighter who often times may get knocked down[/i] but gets right back up and gets after the quarterback.

Not good.  Big motors can cut it DI, butin the NFL, you get knocked down, you usually become null and void.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 08, 2007, 12:19:44 AM

I don't think I'd want anyone off that defense. Besides we have enough average talent nose tackle candidates. We either go after a pass rushing under tackle in the first two rounds or no tackles period.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 08, 2007, 07:57:33 PM

I don't think I'd want anyone off that defense. Besides we have enough average talent nose tackle candidates. We either go after a pass rushing under tackle in the first two rounds or no tackles period.

i want a pass rushing UT too but those guys dont grow on trees.  after dorsey and ellis there is a big drop off at that position.  dre moore seems like an intriguing option in the draft but i'd really like to see us target corey williams in FA.   

Deltabucs5224

Rookie

#6 : December 08, 2007, 08:37:37 PM

I think Laws will fit well, and he has alot of potential, I think he would be great here

bodydenny

Rookie

#7 : December 08, 2007, 09:42:41 PM

What Yuccaneers said. I'm a huge ND fan(yes,I know they sucked) Laws fought his butt off all year long no matter what the score was. When you factor his quickness and work ethic,I think he's a great fit for TB at UT. I say Laws ends up going  in the late first round where the Bucs will be picking. I know that's very high but D-Linemen always seem to go higher than they should. Laws will show very well in the combine ,also.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 08, 2007, 09:58:05 PM

Laws is projected to be a third round fourth guy depending on his combine numbers could sneak him into the late second round

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 08, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

What Yuccaneers said. I'm a huge ND fan(yes,I know they sucked) Laws fought his butt off all year long no matter what the score was. When you factor his quickness and work ethic,I think he's a great fit for TB at UT. I say Laws ends up going  in the late first round where the Bucs will be picking. I know that's very high but D-Linemen always seem to go higher than they should. Laws will show very well in the combine ,also.
If Laws goes in the first then he had maybe the best combine in history, and I'm a huge ND fan. He'll go as high as the 2nd prolly slip no further than the 4th.

bodydenny

Rookie

#10 : December 09, 2007, 12:02:37 AM

I think Laws in 2nd is great value. I guess I'm remembering Eric Dorsey and Renaldo (sp?) Wynn both not as good as Laws,but first round picks. One thing I've always felt is that if no sure-fire impact player is available,you never go wrong drafting for your defensive front seven. I guess I'm a "homer" where Laws is concerned. :>)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools