Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Outlook! « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: December 09, 2007, 06:31:47 PM

In the off-season most fans would have been happy with a team that finished around 8-8 or 9-7 as it stands the team is 8-5 and of course they are not an elite team in the mold of the Patriots or the Cowboys, but after watching last season uninspired 4-12 team this team is no where near that bad and no where as good as the current elite teams but will make the playoffs.

The Bucs have a long way to go to be a contender for a superbowl, but they have been showing improvement, but with every step forward they seem to take a few steps back.

Next year will be an even better year and anything this team does above 9-7 or 8-8 in gravy.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 09, 2007, 06:34:23 PM

Next season will be the marker to really see where the Bucs are as a team. They will have a tougher schedule next year. They will have to beat the teams that they couldn't this year, and if they can do that, I think they will have really turned the corner again.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 09, 2007, 06:37:10 PM

Nice perspective...

but they have been showing improvement, but with every step forward they seem to take a few steps back.

Fits most teams on the rise...to make a run in the playoffs you have to eliminate the second part of that statement...

#3 : December 09, 2007, 06:53:31 PM

This is a pathetic thread. Who gives a s*** about next year!? A lot of things can change in a year. We are in the postseason mix, and thats all that anyone should be concerned with right now. The goal of every team at the beginning of a season is to win the Super Bowl, and with this team anything less will be a disappointment.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2007, 06:54:09 PM

Next season will be the marker to really see where the Bucs are as a team. They will have a tougher schedule next year. They will have to beat the teams that they couldn't this year, and if they can do that, I think they will have really turned the corner again.

A tougher schedule means the Bucs will play Dallas and Seattle next year vs. Detroit and Washington this year...otherwise, everything else is common opponent for the division (6 division games, NFC North, AFC West)

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 09, 2007, 07:12:51 PM

This team is what many fans thought it was an average team that would need alot of breaks for thing to go its way, thus far they have gotten most of those. if you thought coming into this season that the bucs had a chance at a super title this season you were only fooling yourself.

The team just does not have the talent to compete with the elite teams yet and is still rebuilding while trying to win at the same time.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 09, 2007, 07:24:54 PM

Next year will be an even better year and anything this team does above 9-7 or 8-8 in gravy.

I would love to do EVERYTHING in gravy....mmmmmmm.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 09, 2007, 07:29:51 PM

This is a pathetic thread. Who gives a s*** about next year!? A lot of things can change in a year. We are in the postseason mix, and thats all that anyone should be concerned with right now. The goal of every team at the beginning of a season is to win the Super Bowl, and with this team anything less will be a disappointment.

I agree.   Yucc, I love ya man.   But THIS is the year to win it all.   I don't give a rats ass about next year at this point.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Outlook! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools