Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winning streaks are difficult in the NFL, let's go positive here..... « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: December 09, 2007, 10:15:38 PM

It's hard to go on long winning streaks in this league unless you're the Patriots. The Bus won 4 straight, locked up the division (pretty damn close) so it must be expected that they would fall flat sooner than later.

Question: After the Bucs went 4-4, how many would say that Bucs would win 2 of 3 games without Garcia behind center? Be honest, most of us thought the Bucs wouldn't have a chance without Jeff playing QB but that wasn't the case.

It was painful to watch this game, painful, but with Garcia coming back to play the Falcants in Ray Jay, you have to like the Bucs chances in the last 4 games, I know I do.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 09, 2007, 10:30:12 PM

We're having a helluva season, can't win 'em all.  I'm enjoying this year more than any other since our run to the Bowl.  Of course, people are gonna be disappointed when we lose and thats understandable.  And you're always gonna have the trolls, misery loves company and all that stuff, they just cry out for attention.  But I'm enjoying the hell out of this year. GO Bucs!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 09, 2007, 10:30:37 PM

While, I must admit did not think this team could win without Garcia, even with Garcia coming back it is not a sure thing this weekend as he will have to knock off the rust after not playing for two weeks.

But to be at 8-5 on the season and looking like a sure bet for a home playoff game after last season is a huge turn around for this team.

It does show however that there is still alot of work that still needs to be done with the roster.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winning streaks are difficult in the NFL, let's go positive here..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools