Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Huckabee: Take This Nation Back for Christ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2007, 11:40:49 PM

Bottom line, theres no way a republican gets reelected president and Hilary and Obama wont get it so we might as well give the underdogs the fighting chance to become president. Where is Ross Perot when his political chances are so much higher!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 10, 2007, 11:41:29 PM

Im not really for any of these guys Oregon, because all in all, American Government sucks. They focus on way too much on foreign policy when it should be on homelan security and the health and homeless. If we were just efficient enough and screened every person requesting citizenship we wouldnt need an Amendment breaching Patriot Act to catch terrorists. Im tired of America giving billions to countries who just laugh in our face after taking the money. Why waste it over there when it is needed desperately here. I love my country but the government is just so ineffective now. We need SMART people in Congress and no political parties. Political parties destroy progression in government in my opinion.

so spend money on the homless for who most choose to be homeless? Any person over 18 with as many handouts this country has can get a place over there head. You obviously dont trust the govt like me to do anything smart but you will trust them with healthcare?

Oregon, its better than giving it to other countries who just laugh at us and take it. I just feel that the government needs a fresh start and remove all political parties to stop this political lobbyists and political bashing. I just feel we need to start all over to prevent these career politicians.

whats wrong is people will vote for there party no matter. How many idiots voted for Kerry cause he wasnt Bush. How many idiots will vote this election cause its not Hillary? Nothing will change with the idea.

Thats why this election, Im not voting if its not Thompson (Id vote for Hunter Tancreado but they wont win). Or if there not VP.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 10, 2007, 11:43:03 PM

Bottom line, theres no way a republican gets reelected president and Hilary and Obama wont get it so we might as well give the underdogs the fighting chance to become president. Where is Ross Perot when his political chances are so much higher!

Actually the new poll all 5 top republican cand would beat Hillary. I have yet to meet anyone who actually likes Hillary. If theres a site where I could bet on it I would. She will not be president

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 10, 2007, 11:44:32 PM

Id vote for Huckabee in 3 secs over any cand if his voting record wasnt questionable. I rather have a christian then a raggie hag like Hillary and the god hating enviromental feminsit who follow her.

Huckabee has flip-flopped more than Romney and Guiliani put together. Just a few years ago he said he supported lifting sanctions off Cuba. Now all of a sudden he supports leaving them on because he found out he needs those Cuban-American voters in Florida. His stance on illegal immigration is a mess. He says he supports securing the borders but he thinks everyone here illegally should not only be allowed to stay, but they should be given free college tuition paid by the taxpayers. He supported that while he was governor too. That's almost identical to Hillary Clinton's "Dream Act."

He says what he thinks he needs to say in order to get elected. He seems nothing more than your average fake politician.

Yep, hes just as bad as Rudy and Romney. Only cand who has stayed true is Thompson

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 10, 2007, 11:44:55 PM

Those are just polls, but honestly, look at the you know " Ralph Nader/Ross Perot" candidates for the democratic party and you will see that they have better chance than the prime runners for the democraps. I seriously doubt America elects another 4 years of corporate kissarses.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 10, 2007, 11:50:13 PM

That seems to rule out all Republicans and Democrats. So who is left?

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 10, 2007, 11:56:05 PM

That seems to rule out all Republicans and Democrats. So who is left?
There are plenty of candidates that are overqualified to be president. They are just not shown to the public's eye because the Media determines who is president. If you honestly think about it, the Media controls the outcomes of the elections as they write the story pieces and the "feel good" stories about the main runners. They also influence the people who dont care by just the way they look. If the media didnt focus on all the negatives and focused on the real issues then politics would be much more simple. Honestly, who attacks somebody over an essay written in kindergarden? A stupid "female dog" whose fatbutt sits as Senator for New York.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 11, 2007, 12:08:58 AM

Those are just polls, but honestly, look at the you know " Ralph Nader/Ross Perot" candidates for the democratic party and you will see that they have better chance than the prime runners for the democraps. I seriously doubt America elects another 4 years of corporate kissarses.

everyone in america knew who Perot and Nader were... look how they did

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 11, 2007, 12:18:04 AM

everyone in america knew who Perot and Nader were... look how they did

Think how well those two would do if they ran this year?

I think im starting to see the "Smart" people seperate from party politics and become "independents" and the sooner people do this, the better.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 11, 2007, 12:27:54 AM

Listen, I'm not going to try and impress with intellectual wording or insight.  For anyone to believe that this country is doing well morally has had there head in the sand for far too long.  We are a nation that accepts any and everything, with almost nothing being wrong anymore; don't want to offend anyone do we?  We are a nation that doesn't want to pray until things become tragic and hopeless; don't need anyone but "I".  We are a nation that seems to have one of the highest rates of depression and suicides in the world; don't need to do anything other than take overpriced prescription drugs to cure all of our problems.  We are a nation that witnesses whose family unit is broken worse than ever before; single parent homes, same sex marriage homes, etc.
And for anyone to think that we are a nation that can do better without God simply baffles me.  Since we have taken prayer out of schools, we have witnessed students committ terroristic attacks on inhonest kids.  We have seen kids go without an opportunity to hear from God since their parents would never pray with them.  
Call me crazy or think less of me all you want, but the very thing this great nation needs now, more than ever, is God!  We need a people that will humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways.  The world as it is now is a result of reaping what WE have sown.  I would encourage you to pray for this country and it's leaders, instead of supporting individuals who oppose prayer and putting God first in their lives.
Again, for what it's worth.............

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 11, 2007, 12:56:53 AM

Don't disagree with the gist of your post Guru - but you referenced a quote that caught my eye: "If MY people will humble themslves and pray, then I will heal their land..." We are as much of the problem when we don't live out our convictions. When Christians do not do what we are called to do we get tinkering with the social policies that lead to further de-humanizing - in the name of humanity.

"you always get the president you deserve..."

Incomparable sig by Incognito

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 11, 2007, 01:34:44 AM

Listen, I'm not going to try and impress with intellectual wording or insight.  For anyone to believe that this country is doing well morally has had there head in the sand for far too long.  We are a nation that accepts any and everything, with almost nothing being wrong anymore; don't want to offend anyone do we?  We are a nation that doesn't want to pray until things become tragic and hopeless; don't need anyone but "I".  We are a nation that seems to have one of the highest rates of depression and suicides in the world; don't need to do anything other than take overpriced prescription drugs to cure all of our problems.  We are a nation that witnesses whose family unit is broken worse than ever before; single parent homes, same sex marriage homes, etc.
And for anyone to think that we are a nation that can do better without God simply baffles me.  Since we have taken prayer out of schools, we have witnessed students committ terroristic attacks on inhonest kids.  We have seen kids go without an opportunity to hear from God since their parents would never pray with them.  
Call me crazy or think less of me all you want, but the very thing this great nation needs now, more than ever, is God!  We need a people that will humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways.  The world as it is now is a result of reaping what WE have sown.  I would encourage you to pray for this country and it's leaders, instead of supporting individuals who oppose prayer and putting God first in their lives.
Again, for what it's worth.............

Those that want prayor in schools....what do you say to the kid who's an atheist who doesn't believe in god? What do you say to the Buddhist or the Wican? Because I can assure you right now that not everyone in a classroom is going to pledge allegiance to your god.

I remember when I was a little kid my father used to force me to go to church. And I hated it. I found it to be stupid, a waste of time, and nothing in the bible nor what the preist was saying made any sense at all. And it doesnt make any sense to me. Am I saying god does not exist? No. I dont have the answer to whether or not there is a god. But I do have an extreme dislike for organized religion. I feel it is nothing more than a tool by societal elites to control the people. Whenever you have the power of influence over a large group of people, you can either do very wonderful or very horrible things. The fact is that the Catholic Church is responsible for more atrocities and death than any other people or regime in this planet's history.

And religion is at the core dispute between peoples of the world. Foreign policies are created and alliances are forged on the basis of religion. Wars are fought based on different religious differences. The whole Israeli-Palestinian crisis, the Crusades, September 11th, the Cold War..... I can go on and on and on... Take a look at the many alliances around the world. What do they have in common? Religion. If people could learn to put religion behind them and look at the bigger picture, this world would be a hell of a lot more peaceful. Instead we have a world filled with brainwashed idiots who feel they are put here to do god's work.

Organized religion does not promote innovation and advancement. It promotes ignorance and the status quo. Those that think we need a nation that is closer to god should only look in the past....it doesn't create peace and goodwill. Religion and government just does not mix well. History has shown that everwhere.

klb55

Starter

#42 : December 11, 2007, 01:57:53 AM

People who believe in invisible men in the sky are out of their minds.  What a bunch of tards.....lol

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#43 : December 11, 2007, 02:32:49 AM

The Huckabee mess reminds me of a scene in the movie “Life of Brian.” After Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount in which he proclaims that “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth,” a group of pilgrims are leaving for home when one speaks up, “What Jesus fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem.”

Like Jesus, the Christians in this country, as well as the Muslims, Jews, etc., fail to appreciate that religion is the problem. The fact that so many people are still voting strictly according to their religious beliefs is an indication of the immaturity of our society.

Two Huckabee articles:
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-huckabee8dec08,1,1844389.story?coll=la-politics-campaign&ctrack=1&cset=true

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-huckabee9dec09,1,2303143.story?coll=la-politics-campaign&ctrack=2&cset=true

In the second article it does appear that he may have used the Q-word.

Also, from that article:

More recently, in 2003, Huckabee said that the U.S. Supreme Court was probably right to strike down anti-sodomy laws, but that states still should be able to restrict things such as same-sex marriage or domestic-partner benefits.

"What people do in the privacy of their own lives as adults is their business," Huckabee said. "If they bring it into the public square and ask me as a taxpayer to support it or to endorse it, then it becomes a matter of public discussion and discourse."

Now I happen to agree with that statement. That is exactly how I feel about religion. If you do not want public discourse about Christianity’s failings then keep it out of the public square, out of my children's schools, and out of my government. Do not ask me as a taxpayer to endorse it or support it through church related tax-exemption. I do not want to subsidize or provide support to the religious and theological mission of a church to which I do not belong and whose religious doctrines I have not adopted.

That sounds very fair to me.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 11, 2007, 02:49:53 AM

People who believe in invisible men in the sky are out of their minds. What a bunch of tards.....lol

Brilliant post. You should save this. Print it out, laminate it, and put it in a safe place.  The Pulitzer committee may contact you any day now.
The shear amount of thought and research that went into this post just amazes me.  You must feel like a giant among midgets as you hunt and peck out these words of profound enlightening wisedom.  As I look back on my life before your post, I feel cold and flacid.

You should be proud in your ability to remove men of their coldness and flacidity.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Huckabee: Take This Nation Back for Christ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools