Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 21, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »

Top 4 players seem to be: Quinn, Thomas, Adams and Calvin.

I think Quinn will struggle in the NFL for three or four years....ND's schedule is a freaking joke.

Could not disagree more. He played great against USC last year and he plays in an NFL offense. I think he will be a very good to great pro QB.

Baghead #2

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #31 : November 21, 2006, 09:57:07 AM »

If we drafted Jamarcus Russell with our top pick I will officialy jump off the gruden wagon.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #32 : November 21, 2006, 10:05:48 AM »

I would be suicidal if we took Russell in the first haha

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #33 : November 21, 2006, 10:11:46 AM »

I think Quinn will struggle in the NFL for three or four years....ND's schedule is a freaking joke.

Could not disagree more. He played great against USC last year and he plays in an NFL offense. I think he will be a very good to great pro QB.

Quinn plays a really soft schedule:

at Georgia Tech 
No. 19 Penn State 
No. 11 Michigan 
at Michigan State 
Purdue 
Stanford 
UCLA 
at Navy 
North Carolina 
at Air Force 
Army 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #34 : November 21, 2006, 10:16:25 AM »

Read that a few more times. Since when has the Pac Ten been known for good defense?  ??? :D ;)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #35 : November 21, 2006, 10:18:20 AM »

Great, so did gradkowski man. Quinn lights up all those team too. Its not like he doesn't look impressive in those wins. Last year as a junior he light up the #1 team in the country who which many thought was the best team of all time, gimmie a break. Yeah soft schedule, he played great against USC last year and played well in Rose bowl game against another great Ohio State team.

Weis already has him acclimated to an NFL system. Now, if he goes to the Raiders, he'll suck. If he played for a good coach offensive mind Martz or Gruden or any other QB oriented coach I would practically guarantee he will have a very successful NFL career.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #36 : November 21, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »

Read that a few more times. Since when has the Pac Ten been known for good defense? ??? :D ;)

OK once again arguing something that is just stupid. You guys have your minds made up. I don't have time here in the office to research. Quinn is overrated, Weis can't coach him up for the NFL and Quinn will be a bust, LMAO.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #37 : November 21, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

Hilarious!!! Gradkowski plays at Toledo and he is compared to Garica and Quinn lights up USC and plays at Big Time University with a big time offensive guru who coached up Tom Brady and Quinn will be a bust. Geez, amazing guys.....

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #38 : November 21, 2006, 10:28:50 AM »

Hilarious!!! Gradkowski plays at Toledo and he is compared to Garica and Quinn lights up USC and plays at Big Time University with a big time offensive guru who coached up Tom Brady and Quinn will be a bust. Geez, amazing guys.....

No one said he would be a bust, and no one is comparing him to Grads.  I just think he will struggle for two or three years because he is not used to playing good D’s.  I have seen him look very iffy playing for ND against really poor Ds, so he will take time to adjust.  He will be a decent NFL QB, but not for a while and definitely not worth the $60 million contract that will come with drafting him in the top three.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #39 : November 21, 2006, 10:35:25 AM »

Read that a few more times. Since when has the Pac Ten been known for good defense? ??? :D ;)

OK once again arguing something that is just stupid. You guys have your minds made up. I don't have time here in the office to research. Quinn is overrated, Weis can't coach him up for the NFL and Quinn will be a bust, LMAO.

Well the majority of fans doing mock drafts are not big fans of Quinn to be honest.  He is the clear cut #1 becuase Brohm may not declare, Stanton hurt his stock, and Smith does not have the measureables.  He has good physcial tools, has shown he can lead a team in the 4th quarter but his up/down play and level of competition is a concern with him.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #40 : November 21, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »

If you think Brian Brohm is anywhere near Brady Quinn, that alone says you need to do some homework. I live in Louisville and talk about pathetic competition, Louisville plays NOBODY, they play in high school conference and Brohm got manhandled against rutgers and a freshman QB for cincy came in and did much better than Brohm faired.

Quinn in unquestionably the best QB in the draft class, its not even up for debate.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #41 : November 21, 2006, 10:43:53 AM »

No one said he would be a bust, and no one is comparing him to Grads. I just think he will struggle for two or three years because he is not used to playing good D’s. I have seen him look very iffy playing for ND against really poor Ds, so he will take time to adjust. He will be a decent NFL QB, but not for a while and definitely not worth the $60 million contract that will come with drafting him in the top three.

Well obviously he will take time to adust. His curve should be less playing under a pro style offense at Notre Dame under a coach who focuses on QB play. I'm not comparing him to Grads either, he is a much better prospect.

And regarding mock draft and so called experts, the best expert on the planet Mel Kiper thinks he is the best. Now if draftguru.org thinks Stanton is better, they are stupid. Watch some tape, watch the game, look at his numbers. They play USC this saturday. I'm not predicting a Brady Quinn balling session and I'm not a Notre Dame fan by any stretch. Quinn is a great prospect, who plays at a bigtime program, is the leader of the team, and has a former NFL coach who is a great QB coaching working with him everyday.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #42 : November 21, 2006, 10:47:18 AM »

If you think Brian Brohm is anywhere near Brady Quinn, that alone says you need to do some homework. I live in Louisville and talk about pathetic competition, Louisville plays NOBODY, they play in high school conference and Brohm got manhandled against rutgers and a freshman QB for cincy came in and did much better than Brohm faired.

Quinn in unquestionably the best QB in the draft class, its not even up for debate.

I completely disagree.  If Brohm were to declare he would easily be projected as top ten QB.  Ben Roethlisberger had the same question marks about competition but still was drafted in the upper half of the first round.  Quinn is not a lock either as he may experience a free fall like Leinart did last year.  If the Raiders or Lions end up with at top pick I do not see them pulling the trigger even though they would be intrigued.  The Cardinals drafted Leinart last year and the Steelers have Roethlisberger.  Houston likes what they have in Carr as well as Cleveland with Frye.  The Titans drafted Vince Young last year and the Vikings drafted Tavaris Jackson in the second round last year.

Looking at the draft order as of today the Rams, Bucs, Eagles, and Dolphins would be intrigued by Quinn.  Depending on McNabb's injury they might not look at Quinn.  The Rams and Dolphins are the wildcards in this.  And as for the Bucs the debate rages on.....

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #43 : November 21, 2006, 11:04:17 AM »

I completely disagree. If Brohm were to declare he would easily be projected as top ten QB. Ben Roethlisberger had the same question marks about competition but still was drafted in the upper half of the first round. Quinn is not a lock either as he may experience a free fall like Leinart did last year. If the Raiders or Lions end up with at top pick I do not see them pulling the trigger even though they would be intrigued. The Cardinals drafted Leinart last year and the Steelers have Roethlisberger. Houston likes what they have in Carr as well as Cleveland with Frye. The Titans drafted Vince Young last year and the Vikings drafted Tavaris Jackson in the second round last year.

Looking at the draft order as of today the Rams, Bucs, Eagles, and Dolphins would be intrigued by Quinn. Depending on McNabb's injury they might not look at Quinn. The Rams and Dolphins are the wildcards in this. And as for the Bucs the debate rages on.....

ADW, what has Brohm actually done at UL besides get hurt every year he has played? Check out his body of work and check Quinns out and once you have done so come back and let me know. Quinn is without question the #1 QB prospect in this draft. People that know anything know that Brohm is not even going to enter the draft.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #44 : November 21, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

I completely disagree. If Brohm were to declare he would easily be projected as top ten QB. Ben Roethlisberger had the same question marks about competition but still was drafted in the upper half of the first round. Quinn is not a lock either as he may experience a free fall like Leinart did last year. If the Raiders or Lions end up with at top pick I do not see them pulling the trigger even though they would be intrigued. The Cardinals drafted Leinart last year and the Steelers have Roethlisberger. Houston likes what they have in Carr as well as Cleveland with Frye. The Titans drafted Vince Young last year and the Vikings drafted Tavaris Jackson in the second round last year.

Looking at the draft order as of today the Rams, Bucs, Eagles, and Dolphins would be intrigued by Quinn. Depending on McNabb's injury they might not look at Quinn. The Rams and Dolphins are the wildcards in this. And as for the Bucs the debate rages on.....

ADW, what has Brohm actually done at UL besides get hurt every year he has played? Check out his body of work and check Quinns out and once you have done so come back and let me know. Quinn is without question the #1 QB prospect in this draft. People that know anything know that Brohm is not even going to enter the draft.

Injury concern is valid but the same can be said of Lynch and Peterson.  They all may end up not being picked in the top five but they will most likely be top fifteen picks unless their stocks drop like rocks.

As for the body of work Quinn is not that impressive as you seem to imply.  Quinn playing for Notre Dame and for Weis has a lot to do with his stock being so high.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools