Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#75 : November 22, 2006, 10:06:02 AM

Can someone please explain to me why Mel Kiper is viewed as this great draft guru?

Look, deeply into the hair and you'll feel sleepy, sleepy. Let the power of the hair be your guide......

Haha!  Nice!  I like Kiper well enough I guess, but I will never forget him chastising 9 teams for passing on who was clearly the best player in the 2005 draft... Mike Williams.  Good one Mel.

watson

Hall of Famer
#76 : November 22, 2006, 11:37:55 AM

At one time I ordered his draft guides and for a couple of years I kept them and then referred back to them after a year or two.  For the most part, his analysis of who was going to be a great/good player was not too good.  As has been said many times, it is not an exact science so saying how one of these so-called gurus rates someone is basically useless information.....ie  Ryan Leaf, Brian Bosworth, Charles Rogers, etc etc etc.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools