Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

gharen

Pro Bowler

: November 20, 2006, 06:33:18 PM

I would love to see them draft Calvin Johnson, but it is looking more and more likely that they won't be in position to choose him. If that is the case, would you choose another WR or go defense? I know FA will determine a lot of it. Also, who can tell us a little more about some of the other top WR's? I  have seen Ginn, Jarrett, Smardjia and then the kid from S.C. Sidney Rice all listed as possible 1st rounders.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 20, 2006, 06:50:09 PM

I would love to see them draft Calvin Johnson, but it is looking more and more likely that they won't be in position to choose him.

Why not ?  All the teams lower down the draft won yesterday so we are still in 4th spot.  With a tuff few games coming up we are more likely to move up the draft.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2006, 06:54:53 PM

how would they NOT be in position? they are a shoe in for a high 1st rounder and they have 2 second rounders if they wanna move...

calvin johnson would be sweeeeeeeeet to land. clayton is proving to SUCK and galloway isn't gettin any younger.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 20, 2006, 06:55:51 PM

Yeah we will be picking up there. MJS is right, our schedule is brutal 3-4 road games coming up in december in bad environments.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2006, 06:59:33 PM

I never would have thought WR but hell these dudes can't catch, you have to do something. As everyone here has said in this thread, it will be dependant upon what we do in FA. If we trade Rice we would likely go DE unless we get one of the FA stud DE's. If we don't get a DE via FA I think that could be a priority. OT is a priority IMHO if you want to get better you have to get better people and Joe Thomas would be a stud. Its hard to say. Who knows where we draft in the first place. If Quinn is there or slips to us I wouldn't be shocked if they took him either. Complete guessing game at this juncture, we'll have to wait to see what transpires once FA hits and the draft comes. I am hoping they dump Rice and go after a DE in FA.

Baghead #2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 20, 2006, 07:04:24 PM

I would love to see them draft Calvin Johnson, but it is looking more and more likely that they won't be in position to choose him.

Why not ? All the teams lower down the draft won yesterday so we are still in 4th spot. With a tuff few games coming up we are more likely to move up the draft.

I think right now we are in #6 (Lions, Cards, Raiders, Texans, Skins)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 20, 2006, 08:28:28 PM

If Grads plays well the rest of the year I say we take Johnson no matter if Gaines Adams is available.  We might need a DE, but we also need a WR and you do not pass up a talent like Johnson.  He is a sane version of Randy Moss.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 20, 2006, 08:31:35 PM

Using sane and Randy Moss is pretty damn hard to get done LeeroyBuc, nice job.  Someone want to post a link to Calvin Johnson?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 20, 2006, 08:34:10 PM

Using sane and Randy Moss is pretty damn hard to get done LeeroyBuc, nice job.  Someone want to post a link to Calvin Johnson?

http://www.draftshowcase.com/CalvinJohnson.htm

#9 : November 20, 2006, 08:35:16 PM

If no top 7 pick, then no Adams, Thomas or Johnson. I say JaMarcus Russell

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 20, 2006, 08:38:08 PM

We could get him in the 2nd round IMO.  he is the tenth ranked QB on many boards, so he could fall into the second day.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 20, 2006, 08:56:04 PM

Thanks for the Link MJS - seems that Moss thing is not quite accurate, but if you subbed in Owens

"SPEED/BURST: Deep balls are not necessarily his strong suit. While his size makes him a tough matchup downfield, he doesnt have super top end speed and a real burst to sparate himself deep. 
 ROUTE RUNNING: While he is smooth and big, Johnson could sharpen his route running a little. He doesn't always explode from his breaks or make super sharp cuts. He relies on his physical attributes to get into position to catch the ball rather than creating separation with clean routes. This can be improved. "

Seems to me we would be seeking speed if bucs are going receiver in round one, but then I didn't think they would a guard in the first round, so what do I know???

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 20, 2006, 09:01:20 PM

Ted Ginn is the only really fast WR in the draft, and he should go mid-1st round.

If speed is what we are looking for in a WR then Paul Williamsm, Chansi Stuckey, and Johnnie Lee Higgins are all fairly fast.  They will be avaible in the 2nd and maybe 3rd rounds.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 20, 2006, 09:12:43 PM

I am thinking the bucs will have a shot at Ginn, but will have to weigh that need against several others.  FA will be interesting.

#14 : November 21, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

We could get him in the 2nd round IMO. he is the tenth ranked QB on many boards, so he could fall into the second day.

10th? LOL. Russell is going to be the 2nd QB off the boards. He hasnt been talked about because just recently he decided to declare. He will go before Troy Smith and Stanton. Top 20 pick.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools