Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would the Bucs be interested in Archuletta? « previous next »
Page: 1

gharen

Pro Bowler

: November 20, 2006, 06:44:55 PM

I know he was benched in Washington, but he was a good player with the Rams. Is he just not a good fit in Washington? I can't believe he got that bad over one season.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : November 20, 2006, 07:00:21 PM

he didn't, he was always bad

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#2 : November 20, 2006, 07:01:23 PM

Good, I don't think you're supposed to believe he got that bad in one season. He was highly overrated as a Ram. I watched the guy every week, he's the most overpaid player since Booger McFarland.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 20, 2006, 07:02:41 PM

He's been a bust, and an example of Washington's propensity to overpay hugely for mediocre talent.  Okay, mediocre was a little harsh, but you get my point.  He's probably to big to play safety in our Defense, he actually looks more like a OLB in our system, but I don't think he has the coverage skills.  Pass.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2006, 07:15:08 PM

Makes too much jack, can't cover, and wiffs on atackles trying to K.O. ball carriers.

He is the definition of overrated (except when Pittman fumbled and he rambled for over 90 yards for the recovery touchdown which killed the Buc chances of winning that game).  He is not worth even a cursory glance.

#5 : November 20, 2006, 08:16:25 PM

I dont see any difference between Archuleta and Phillips. Archuleta was bad in St Louis. Regardless, Washington is not in a position to let him go next offseason. They would have an enormous cap hit

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2006, 08:41:37 PM

I know he was benched in Washington, but he was a good player with the Rams. Is he just not a good fit in Washington? I can't believe he got that bad over one season.

he was always overated.  no thanks.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2006, 09:54:21 PM

Archuleta is a box player.  He is one dimensional like Michael Lewis but is not being used correctly in Washington.  He is supposed to play in the box with Taylor playing centerfield but it never worked out that way giving that the Redskins secondary has had injuries and the front seven have not been able to generate pressure.

Archuleta was a good player for Lovie when he was there becuase he played with his strengths and tried to minimize his weaknesses.  The Skins asking for him to cover downfield has been a disaster and the fact that they overpaid for him compounds this to the point where they can not cut him after this season anyways.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 20, 2006, 09:56:33 PM

he was always compared to Lynch... Never really lived up to the hype.. in coverage he gets beat alot.. he is mostly a good run stopper.. oh.. Jermaine phillips

ArmyBucFan

Practice Squad

#9 : November 21, 2006, 11:30:38 AM

No, pass... he got benched here in D.C. for a washed up free agent (Troy Vincent- signed 16 Oct 06) and a career mediocre reserve (Vernon Fox).

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 21, 2006, 11:35:30 AM

he basically made a career out of being compared to john lynch because he was an athletic white safety who could knock the crap out of people....i honestly think he's got john lynch to thank for being picked in the 1st round...everyone assumed he'd get john lynch-like poise, assignment discipline, and game smarts as he got older, but it never really happened.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would the Bucs be interested in Archuletta? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools