Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $115,000,000?!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: December 11, 2007, 02:20:46 PM

Everybody knew the Magic were going to regret giving Rashard Lewis that much money in a few years, but I'm starting to regret it already. All this dude does is sit at the 3-point line and wait for someone to pass him the ball. He is Hedo Turkoglu minus the handle! If his shots aren't falling, and they haven't been lately, Dwight gets triple teamed and ends up taking just 7 shots like he did last night. If this guy doesn't get out of his slump soon, my head is going to explode!

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2007, 03:46:06 PM

nba sucks....college basketball is the true basketball

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 11, 2007, 05:18:00 PM

Way to kill a thread.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 11, 2007, 05:19:22 PM

Typical

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2007, 05:29:57 PM

i havent heard any of you say otherwise.....

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 11, 2007, 07:09:47 PM

nba sucks....college basketball is the true basketball

I used to like the college game a lot more when it's best players weren't already in the NBA. 

#6 : December 11, 2007, 08:41:19 PM

LOL

btw I totally agree Leeroy. I remember a year ago I was telling everyone i knew, that the Magic were Rashard Lewis away from winning their division and competing for the east chcampionship. That was before i knew that Grant Hill would skip town, Rashard would get 115,000,000 and we wouldnt be able to keep Darko. This team has no one outside Nelson, Hedo and Dooling who can take the ball to the hole, and with the loss of Battie our front court is disgustingly thin. Still a solid team, but not a real championship contender and I dont see how we can get there in the near future now that Rashard is eat8ing up so much money. The only thing we can hope for is that Howard elevates his game in the next couple years so that we can cover up for the deficiencies this team has.

I was probably the biggest fan of brining in Lewis but the team took 2 steps forward and 1 step back brining him in. Now we are handcuffed for the future and need to win with this team or hope that we hit on a draft pick (not likely) or someone is willing to accept some kind of combo of Arroyo/Bogans/draft picks for a true SG or big

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 12, 2007, 12:18:43 AM

Everybody knew the Magic were going to regret giving Rashard Lewis that much money in a few years, but I'm starting to regret it already. All this dude does is sit at the 3-point line and wait for someone to pass him the ball. He is Hedo Turkoglu minus the handle! If his shots aren't falling, and they haven't been lately, Dwight gets triple teamed and ends up taking just 7 shots like he did last night. If this guy doesn't get out of his slump soon, my head is going to explode!

Everyone could have told you that. All he does is shoot 3's, and plays no defense. Hes a good player but that is what he is.

#8 : December 12, 2007, 04:06:59 AM

If we still had BAttie and Darko, along with Hill, we would be fine. I wouldnt mind paying Rashard what he is getting paid in that case. And it was all possible too, but too many egos. God I hate Grant HIll with a passion

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2007, 04:21:07 AM

If we still had BAttie and Darko, along with Hill, we would be fine. I wouldnt mind paying Rashard what he is getting paid in that case. And it was all possible too, but too many egos. God I hate Grant HIll with a passion

Dont get me wrong I wanted the Blazers to get him, but now Im thankful. We will have the money next year to outspend anyone, and Martell Webster, Outlaw and James Jones have played well at SF.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 12, 2007, 03:52:37 PM

Everyone could have told you that. All he does is shoot 3's, and plays no defense. Hes a good player but that is what he is.

Like I said, everyone already knew it.  I was well aware of his game but now the one thing he did well (shoot) seems to be leaving him as well.  If his shots are falling we are one of the best teams in the league.  If they aren't then we are a good team and nothing more.

dmxatf23

Second String

#11 : December 15, 2007, 11:16:07 AM

They weren't gonna have anything other than the MLE had they give Lewis the contract he deserves so to me if they wanted to give him MAX money, so be it.

-chris

#12 : December 15, 2007, 08:38:54 PM

NAH WE COULDVE KEPT Darko too, and Hill shouldve resigned for vet minimum if he was a real man

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 16, 2007, 04:41:08 PM

NAH WE COULDVE KEPT Darko too, and Hill shouldve resigned for vet minimum if he was a real man

sour grapes

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 16, 2007, 03:58:16 PM

Hill didn't want to play aton and he wanted to win. Let him leave, he gets what he wants, he is old anyway. Back to the topic yea I am disappointed in Lewis myself. Would we take a cap hit if we tried to trade him? I really wouldn't mind trading the guy for maybe Lamar Odom or a 2nd man scorer that can create their own shot, not only that but score efficiently.
Any tradable scorers for ideas?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $115,000,000?!?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools