Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $115,000,000?!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : December 16, 2007, 05:05:19 PM

a) Trading Rashard Lewis is the last thing on the mind of Otis Smith

b) Grant Hill is playing more minutes this year than he has since his Detroit days. After Marion and Nash, Grant Hill plays more minutes than anyone on that team

c) Of course its sour grapes, and rightfully so. Grant Hill was the reason we we were a terrible team for the early part of this decade. He was constantly hurt, and he was taking up so much room on the salary cap that we were unable to add any real talent around T Mac. The fanbase stood behind Hill through his injuries, and then he becomes a FA and instead of giving back to this franchise who paid him 90 million and watched him sit in street clothes and watch this team suffer, he skips town. You could argue we are just as close to a championship as the Suns, or relatively close, so winning is not a valid excuse for going to Pheonix

#16 : December 16, 2007, 05:07:26 PM

Grant Hill = Bobby Petrino in my book, and any sensible fan would agree that there are similarities

He had all the money in the world, and a chance to win, and he leaves Orlando and shows he has no loyalty. Selfish scumbag

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 16, 2007, 05:13:32 PM

Yea very similar I thought the main reason why he left was not to play many mintues. I hate to say it but we need another scorer.. Trying to figure out who to trade...

edit: lets see how the year goes before we make changes, team chemistry is important.. will some1 please STEP UP !!!!!!!!!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 16, 2007, 06:05:18 PM

Grant Hill = Bobby Petrino in my book, and any sensible fan would agree that there are similarities

He had all the money in the world, and a chance to win, and he leaves Orlando and shows he has no loyalty. Selfish scumbag

and what are the similarities?  you are grasping.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 17, 2007, 04:50:20 PM

Yea very similar I thought the main reason why he left was not to play many mintues. I hate to say it but we need another scorer.. Trying to figure out who to trade...

edit: lets see how the year goes before we make changes, team chemistry is important.. will some1 please STEP UP !!!!!!!!!

Well you can take Lewis out of the equation.  He is less tradeable than Stephon Marbury because of that contract.  I'd be curious to see what we could get for Turkoglu but I'm really hesitant to give him away.  So far he has been better than Lewis.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 17, 2007, 07:31:35 PM

And my friend that is a DAMN shame, I would shop Turk around though.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $115,000,000?!?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools