Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: December 11, 1977? « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: December 11, 2007, 05:37:26 PM

First win in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After losing 26 straight regular season games the Buccaneers finally got their first win. They Beat the New Orleans Saints 33 - 14 in the Superdome. The win was capped by a team record 7 interceptions.

Washington 2-45, Wood 2-41, White 1-32, G Johnson 1-0, Brown 0-27.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 12, 2007, 04:28:45 AM

I remember feeling a sense of shock, more than joy, that they finally won a game. Then poor Don Coryell lost his job when we beat the Cards the next week too. Incredible turn of events.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 12, 2007, 04:32:19 AM

OK, here's one more I never realized: After 0-26, we went 18-17 over our next 35 games. People always point out how BAD the early Bucs were, but it really was only a matter of overcoming the lousy hand the NFL dealt us in expansion.
Two wins to end 1977, 5-11 the next year, 10-6 then a playoff win before losing in the NFC title game (OK, that's 18-18 if you include that last loss).
Some turnaround actually.

In Verner We Trust

STRICK-9

Starter

#3 : December 12, 2007, 05:10:11 AM

I was at that Cardinals game the week after sitting on the 40 yard line....I was 12 years old but I remember running on the field afterward and pulling a few pieces of sod that were subsequently planted in the yard.  I'll never forget the entire stadium counting down from 15 seconds, it just echoed throughout the old sombrero.

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: December 11, 1977? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools