Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« : November 20, 2006, 09:57:39 PM »

MOST people in this forum have elitist views on the Bucs (a lot of the views seem warped and eerily similar). You just dog pile on people who don't like Gruden, the WCO. many of you seem to think you know more than anyone else, and the fact is you don't. You know what you read and I hate to break it to you but the PR does not get every story and when it comes to other teams and rumors they know very little.
Then when it comes to Alstott, he is old, he is not good, he drops passes, he is not a great lead blocker, he is over rated, he does not fit the WCO...bla bla bla. The fact is that there are guys who know more about football, the locker room and the teams feelings than anyone including the PR staff (who I agree do a wonderful job on B-U-C-S coverage) those guys are the players, the players that got all fired up when Alstott does on one of his runs, you know the guys who play the game???
For some reason they like Mike, they get fired up when he runs, the cameras didn't show it but if you were there and happen to look at the sidelines Mike makes an impact on the game. Go ahead and disagree but I would bet you anything that man for man there is not one Buccaneer who would agree or even think that he is washed up or over the hilll, even players from other teams put the guy over.
Then the ignorant ones who think local media (papers and Radio) are all full of crap and have no idea about anything when it comes to the Buc's. It funny how the biggest issue seems to be negative feelings about Gruden and Allen, that will set people off like nothing else.
It seems like there are more Gruden fans in here than Buc fans, which is probably the case because the Bucs, did get a large boost in fan support after Gruden came and we won the Super bowl so many of you see not much differance between being a Buc fan and a Gruden fan.
In one of the post some one was praised for saying that Gruden leaving oakland was because of Al Davis having his "hands on everything". Then others make the argument of Gruden/McCay winning with Dungys team, they are called idiots. Here is what I have learned:
1. The Raiders made it to the super bowl with Grudens team
2. The Bucs made it to the SB with Grudens team???
3. Gruden built a SB contender with the Raiders???
4. Al Davis made most if not all the personell deciisons
5. Gruden/Mcay won a SB together
6. Gruden/Allen/Davis were one NFL rule change away from the SB and then were in the SB
7. Gruden/Allen had 1 playoff game and lost it, and won the division.

So maybe Gruden not having a puppet in the front office tendsto work out best for the Buc's.

conclusion... Gruden not calling all of the shots got him an AFC champ game and a super bowl win against his old team...

Gruden having a yes man as a GM got well... a few losing seasons and a playoff loss against a team and a 6th round starting QB as our glimmer of light???.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #1 : November 21, 2006, 01:50:09 PM »

yeah thats what I thought. the truth hurts I guess. LMFAO

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 21, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »

No, just nothing worth responding to in your post.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 21, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »

I am sure most posters thought the same has me...........

blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah

and they just moved on.   ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 21, 2006, 01:54:19 PM »

No, just nothing worth responding to in your post.

QFT.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #5 : November 21, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

Well this only proved my point, so thank you very much.....ahhh there is nothing like shutting up a bunch of know it all's, who actually only know what others tell them and have no creative opinions. baaa baaaa you bunch of sheep....

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 21, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »

dude, werent you a tennis player in college?  If we wanted your imput, we'd asdk you for it, but probably only if it involved Roger Federer

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 21, 2006, 01:59:57 PM »

Well this only proved my point, so thank you very much.....ahhh there is nothing like shutting up a bunch of know it all's, who actually only know what others tell them and have no creative opinions. baaa baaaa you bunch of sheep....

You're very welcome. Have a nice day!

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #8 : November 21, 2006, 02:08:40 PM »

dude, so what were you in college? Did you even go to college?

From what I see at the Buc's games many of our fans should probably take up tennis, or anything to get in shape.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 21, 2006, 02:10:48 PM »

LMAO!

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 21, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »

UMguy = funny dude.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 21, 2006, 02:15:43 PM »

UMguy = funny dude.

We need Zell to bring the Umguy1999 signature back.   ;D

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #12 : November 21, 2006, 02:19:08 PM »

Yeah, MJS I can see why you need back up....There are not stats you can pull up to show you that Gruden/Allen on their own had done nothing other than go to the playoffs, and I think Simms deep ball and Caddy got us there.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 21, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »

Yeah, MJS I can see why you need back up....

You really are a big wet lettuce aren’t you?

Are Jackass classes mandatory at UM, or was it an elective you took.   ;)

« #14 : November 21, 2006, 02:27:13 PM »

MOST people in this forum have elitist views on the Bucs (a lot of the views seem warped and eerily similar). You just dog pile on people who don't like Gruden, the WCO. many of you seem to think you know more than anyone else, and the fact is you don't. You know what you read and I hate to break it to you but the PR does not get every story and when it comes to other teams and rumors they know very little.

Most people here are *news flash* Bucs fans, and might feel compelled to defend their coach.  While I certainly agree that Jon Gruden needs to begin getting some wins soon to retain his job, I would ague that there is more ridiculous anti-Gruden stuff on this board than ridiculous pro-Gruden stuff.

But whatever.

Then when it comes to Alstott, he is old, he is not good, he drops passes, he is not a great lead blocker, he is over rated, he does not fit the WCO...bla bla bla. The fact is that there are guys who know more about football, the locker room and the teams feelings than anyone including the PR staff (who I agree do a wonderful job on B-U-C-S coverage) those guys are the players, the players that got all fired up when Alstott does on one of his runs, you know the guys who play the game???

Unfortunately, you have the same sources as most who are on these boards: radio, TV and print.  To say that, suddenly, you have the inside track is just as pompous and full of it as anyone else.  They get pumped when Alsttot is successful?  Wow, that IS insightful.  Next, you'll tell me that Jerome Bettis was the heart and soul of those old Steelers teams.  That Jacobs gets the Giants pumped up.  The difference: Alsttot is having no success in short yardage this year.  Sorry.

For some reason they like Mike, they get fired up when he runs, the cameras didn't show it but if you were there and happen to look at the sidelines Mike makes an impact on the game. Go ahead and disagree but I would bet you anything that man for man there is not one Buccaneer who would agree or even think that he is washed up or over the hilll, even players from other teams put the guy over.

His numbers on third and short are indicative of where he is in his career.  He had a couple of good runs on Sunday, and a handful for nothing.  People forget that his first two runs were for around 25 yards.  Then, he had three more carries for 0 total.  Gruden instead chose to go with a RB that was working after that.

Then the ignorant ones who think local media (papers and Radio) are all full of crap and have no idea about anything when it comes to the Buc's. It funny how the biggest issue seems to be negative feelings about Gruden and Allen, that will set people off like nothing else.
It seems like there are more Gruden fans in here than Buc fans, which is probably the case because the Bucs, did get a large boost in fan support after Gruden came and we won the Super bowl so many of you see not much differance between being a Buc fan and a Gruden fan.
In one of the post some one was praised for saying that Gruden leaving oakland was because of Al Davis having his "hands on everything". Then others make the argument of Gruden/McCay winning with Dungys team, they are called idiots. Here is what I have learned:

I'm not sure what you mean about those calling local meida "idiots" since you don't mention any specific instances, other than the whole argument over who was in control at Oakland.  Wasn't Allen the GM there too?  So, what's your point?  Al Davis is the one who can't get a quality coach to stick around because he's an ass.

1. The Raiders made it to the super bowl with Grudens team
2. The Bucs made it to the SB with Grudens team???

Well, it's one of the two, isn't it?  Choose one that you prefer, but it IS one or the other.

3. Gruden built a SB contender with the Raiders???
4. Al Davis made most if not all the personell deciisons

Gruden didn't want to deal with such a controlling owner.  While I don't pretend to know what specific instances could be pointed to in Gruden's case, there is quite a history of Davis not getting along with people.

5. Gruden/Mcay won a SB together

This one is true in the literal sense.

6. Gruden/Allen/Davis were one NFL rule change away from the SB and then were in the SB

Again, true in the literal sense.

7. Gruden/Allen had 1 playoff game and lost it, and won the division.

True in the literal sense.

So maybe Gruden not having a puppet in the front office tendsto work out best for the Buc's.

Maybe...yawn...this is really long and boring.

conclusion... Gruden not calling all of the shots got him an AFC champ game and a super bowl win against his old team...

Gruden was the GM in name at neither of the two jobs.  Bruce Allen was the GM at both.  So, would it be safe to say that they had a similar working relationship at both?  Possibly, but I'd be willing to let you convince me otherwise, if you were to present any evidence (or even solid speculation).

Gruden having a yes man as a GM got well... a few losing seasons and a playoff loss against a team and a 6th round starting QB as our glimmer of light???.

Yes, that and out of cap trouble with one of the youngest Offenses in the league and some solid depth to build on on Defense.

I went through your whole post and found basically nothing of value.  You speculate on the temperament of players in the locker room.  You make references to Alsttot being a good football player.  Wow.  You're insightful.

Anyone's ideas or feelings on Gruden are welcome, but one does get tired of the overly bombastic declarations about the job he's doing.  Try to maintain at least an ephemeral connection to reality when you're **CENSORED**ing.  Hell, you might even bring up something worthwhile if you did.

Seriously: what are you saying?  After reading above, I came away with the distinct feeling that you haven't got much to say at all, other than bashing people for a lack of response to your sophomoric, asinine comments.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools