Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#15 : November 21, 2006, 02:29:10 PM

I am not the one asking for someones help to insult me. Good argument....you must be great in debates someone makes points that you can't counter so you just call them names...Great tactic... UM may not be Ivy leauge but its better than the beauty school you flunked out of.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 21, 2006, 03:53:18 PM

Beniro, I can not believe you even wasted your time reading that crap.  It is obvious, by this guys actions and writing ability, that he went to the UM.  I am also leading towards believing that this is Silly Ho himself trying to spew his ignorant mumbo jumbo on a group of people that have common sense. 

Stick to the radio, nobody on this board cares or even wants to hear your ignorant comments about how bad you think the team is and how you know better then the coach on how to fix it.

Everybody, agrees that Gruden is on thin ice, the problem is that anybody with a little knowledge should have saw this comming.  We haven't had the picks or cash to bring in young guys and the great old Bucs players are now just getting old.  Thats not Grudens fault its you boyfriend Mckay's fault.  McKay and Dungy destroyed this team Gruden is just the one that got them a ring before it was to late.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#17 : November 21, 2006, 04:02:04 PM

Damn  MJS, you're reading comprehension skills suck. If you had read closely, you would have seen that what UMGuy really said was, and I quote"

"blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,    Gruden sucks!".

You have got to start reading between the lines to get the golden kernels of insight from UMguy!

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 21, 2006, 04:14:22 PM

Damn  MJS, you're reading comprehension skills suck. If you had read closely, you would have seen that what UMGuy really said was, and I quote"

"blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,    Gruden sucks!".

You have got to start reading between the lines to get the golden kernels of insight from UMguy!

ROFLAMO   :D

#19 : November 21, 2006, 04:25:36 PM

Beniro, I can not believe you even wasted your time reading that crap.  It is obvious, by this guys actions and writing ability, that he went to the UM.  I am also leading towards believing that this is Silly Ho himself trying to spew his ignorant mumbo jumbo on a group of people that have common sense. 

Yes, but I'm at work, so I have time on my hands.  ;)

He was just walking around talking crap because no one answered.  So, I answered.

Stick to the radio, nobody on this board cares or even wants to hear your ignorant comments about how bad you think the team is and how you know better then the coach on how to fix it.

Everybody, agrees that Gruden is on thin ice, the problem is that anybody with a little knowledge should have saw this comming.  We haven't had the picks or cash to bring in young guys and the great old Bucs players are now just getting old.  Thats not Grudens fault its you boyfriend Mckay's fault.  McKay and Dungy destroyed this team Gruden is just the one that got them a ring before it was to late.

Right, Gruden is on thin ice.  I'm pulling for him, though.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#20 : November 21, 2006, 08:55:58 PM

Brniro you can't be stupid enough to think Allen calls any shots when it comes to personel. In Oakland Al Dvis called the shots, in 2002 McCay called most of the shots if not all when it came to personel. You tell me what has Gruden/Allen on their own done other than go to the playoffs, which lets face it was because of Caddy and Simms.
As far as Alstott, the Steelers are doing great without Bettis right???, and the Giants actualy are doing good, but I don't think Jacobs = Alstott/Bettis, pretty thin on that one.
Like I said there are more Gruden fans than Buc fans, in here anyway.
He has has a ROY and a ROY runner up 2 years in a row, one of the fastest WR in the NFL, a 6 time pro bowl FB who is not doing what he is best at (duh when we go into goal line and he has 2 or 3 guys hitting him before he crosses the LOS its pretty hard to do much else, and he is better than Caddy or Pittman at short yardage), and HIS guy at QB and we are in the basement...
He is overrated as a coach and without a pro bowl calibre QB his system is weak and most true fans are so over this stupid WCO, if he has half the brain he gets credit for he could design his own system and not rehash old 1980's garbage that defenses have no trouble with anymore.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 21, 2006, 09:00:17 PM

Wrong UM guy we are all BUC FANS that is why we support everybody on the team no matter what the record.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 21, 2006, 09:08:04 PM

Brniro you can't be stupid enough to think Allen calls any shots when it comes to personel. In Oakland Al Dvis called the shots, in 2002 McCay called most of the shots if not all when it came to personel. You tell me what has Gruden/Allen on their own done other than go to the playoffs, which lets face it was because of Caddy and Simms.
As far as Alstott, the Steelers are doing great without Bettis right???, and the Giants actualy are doing good, but I don't think Jacobs = Alstott/Bettis, pretty thin on that one.
Like I said there are more Gruden fans than Buc fans, in here anyway.
He has has a ROY and a ROY runner up 2 years in a row, one of the fastest WR in the NFL, a 6 time pro bowl FB who is not doing what he is best at (duh when we go into goal line and he has 2 or 3 guys hitting him before he crosses the LOS its pretty hard to do much else, and he is better than Caddy or Pittman at short yardage), and HIS guy at QB and we are in the basement...
He is overrated as a coach and without a pro bowl calibre QB his system is weak and most true fans are so over this stupid WCO, if he has half the brain he gets credit for he could design his own system and not rehash old 1980's garbage that defenses have no trouble with anymore.

So you're blasting Gruden for making the personel decisions, yet you say that Caddy, who Gruden drafted, is one of only two reasons we made the playoffs last season?  According to you Simms is the other reason.  Didn't Gruden develop Simms?  Isn't Gruden the only head coach Simms has had in the NFL?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#23 : November 21, 2006, 09:12:16 PM

So no mater what we have to love Gruden?  Get over it, being a fan has nothing to do with likeing the head coach, just like being against the War doesn't mean you hate the troops or the USA. There are a lot of die hard Gruden fans who can't see the guy does not have the temperment for a HC, he would be a great OC under a strong HC who would put him in his place when he puts his ego ahead of him brain. I don't like him as a head coach I think the players don't put it all on th line for him and most don't truly trust him as a man. That is just my opinion.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 21, 2006, 09:35:07 PM

a lot of the views seem warped and eerily similar).
Yes generally a crazy person thinks he's the only one who's really sane. All the others have been taken over by the aliens.   UMThug, do you have aluminum wallpaper?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 21, 2006, 09:56:52 PM

Ithalot, I have figure it out.  You must be gruden's son or mother.  Tell Chucky to get busy winning some games son/mama.

#26 : November 21, 2006, 11:11:56 PM

he puts his ego ahead of him brain.

Mongo speaks!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 21, 2006, 11:56:35 PM

he puts his ego ahead of him brain.

Mongo speaks!

Calm down Sigmon.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 22, 2006, 02:18:23 AM

Radio host may not be all he claims
Don't believe everything you hear. So says Dan Sileo just a week into his new morning host job at WDAE-1250 AM. The former Buccaneer-turned-radio personality arrived at the Jacor-owned station Sept. 23 with some baggage he would have rather left behind. According to his former employer and the San Francisco Chronicle, Sileo had some credibility problems when he was an afternoon radio host at San Francisco's KTCT-1050 AM during the last year.

A former University of Miami football player, Sileo was so well-known for embellishing his brief pro career on the air, stated the Chronicle, that the intro to his own show poked fun of him: "Three years in the NFL! All right. ... Three months. ... All right. ... Three downs!"

Susan Slusser, the Chronicle's sports media writer, documented some of Sileo's exaggerations:

* In San Francisco, Sileo often referred on-air to his playing days with the Dallas Cowboys. But according to the team, Sileo went to training camp in 1989 and was released before the season began.

* According to the newspaper, Sileo said that he played for the Detroit Lions and was on the field when Joe Montana played his final game for the San Francisco 49ers in 1992. KTCT program director Lee Hammer also told The Tampa Tribune on Thursday that Sileo said he started eight games for the Lions. A station employee also told him that Sileo claimed a photograph of a Lions player on the sports department wall was of himself. According to the Lions, however, Sileo never played for them. Rather they allocated his contractual rights to the Orlando Thunder of the World League.

* The Chronicle stated that Sileo told a sportscaster that on his first play in the NFL, he sacked Montana. Only trouble is, Sileo played just 10 games with the Bucs as a sub in 1987 and never recorded a sack. Reached by The Tampa Tribune on Wednesday, Sileo stuck by his Montana story, insisting it was the third game of that season he sacked the future Hall of Famer. However, the Bucs list him with two quarterback pressures and 14 tackles in his short career here. And the Bucs-49ers game was the seventh game of the season.

Click here for Dan Sileo's official Buccaneer statistics and his BUCPOWER.COM profile page 
The list goes on. So what if he told a caller he was an All-American at Miami when he really was an honorable mention? After all Sileo has been through, listeners should be sympathetic to his memory lapses. He told Slusser, as stated in the Chronicle on March 22, 1997, that his discrepancies were the result of a two-year bout with meningitis brought on by steroid use. It wasn't until Slusser questioned his stories, however, that Sileo revealed his struggle with the disease during a phone call to her home.

Sileo said this week he had an eight-year battle with steroids and a near-death meningitis experience, but insisted that he had never spoken to Slusser. That was Wednesday. On Thursday, he said he had spoken to her once. She recalled at least five conversations with him during his employment at KTCT. Sileo's problems are of little surprise to Hammer. When a talent shuffle demoted Sileo from morning host to reporter in August, Hammer said credibility concerns about him grew.

For instance, Sileo was sent to a college news conference but returned without any tape for broadcast. When Hammer asked Sileo what was said there, he replied with quotes the colleges" sports information directors later claimed were false and added Sileo never was present at the news conference. Sileo said Thursday he was not at the news conference because of contract problems with the station and added he was "very unhappy ... in that stupid reporting job."

Nevertheless, Sileo insists he said all along that he was with the Cowboys and Lions only in training camp. As for Slusser's stories, Sileo claims she had an ax to grind because she didn't like his station. As for Hammer, he was retaliating because of the terms under which Sileo left KTCT. As for his reported embellishments, Sileo said it's all nonsense. "I never talk about myself [on the air]," he said. "It's caller radio. ... If I've made stuff up, why would I come back to a place and state where people know what I've done? That's absolutely ridiculous."

Lisa Magenheimer The Tampa Tribune

Hmmm...one rumor begets another one.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : November 22, 2006, 02:25:12 AM

1.  He's from the U.                                                                                                                                                   2.  He's an ass & a jerk.                                                                                                                                            3.  He's from the U.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools