Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 22, 2006, 02:28:57 AM

Nothing wrong with being from the U. of MIami.  But there is something wrong with being a moron and a lying goon..  Why he gets hired?  Because he has an on air personality that grates, and some will hate, but you can be sure he has screened callers who love.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : November 22, 2006, 02:34:02 AM

I can't stand to listen to him so I don't.  Never heard about the steroids.  Battling with steroids?  Are they like an addiction?  That would explain the death of brain cells.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#32 : November 22, 2006, 02:35:54 AM

Does he get good ratings? Otherwise, I don't know how they keep him around. When I lived there Sandy Penner replaced him. What happened?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : November 22, 2006, 02:38:33 AM

He's on WDAE 6-9 am but i think it comes from Orlando.  He's a total ass.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 22, 2006, 02:41:02 AM

I can't stand to listen to him so I don't. Never heard about the steroids. Battling with steroids? Are they like an addiction? That would explain the death of brain cells.

Glad to inform thee.

It will allow you think more clearly (not that you don't) about the man who "reps" the Bucs on air.  I am a Buc fan, and most will attest that I completely BUST and MELT DOWN after a loss.  It is natural for me to DESPISE losing, it goes with my competitive spirit.  But after I settle down, I usually think about what is going on, and on all angles.  I don't pinpoint one error and assume the entire game was based on that error.  Some errors are gargantuan, but most are like small sums adding up to the final big loss.  This guy, from what I have heard, is incapable of listening.  Along with Duemig, these guys are poor reps for the Bucs on-air, and the stations should consider hiring new talent to help TEACH, and when this happens, you will see more loyal fans in the stands.  The casual listener will leach onto the ride, and assume the on-air jock is the absolute "Knowledge" of what is happening.  Sad, and true.

And when they assume that negativists like the aforementioned are the final say, the be all and end all of Bucs football, it drives the consumers out of the seats.  It is cool to be heated, but suppoert needs to be had.  These shock-jocks need to study what is going on, and not just assume because they played for some time, and can bench 300, and know what "Sluggo-Seam" means that they are the penultimate in knowledge.  It is obvious by listening they are not.  They need to cater to the illogical, and the logical.  

Football is a coin flip.  The chance of anything happening is always fifty-fifty in my book.

But these guys are the reason why the Bucs fan base isn't as strong as it should be.  Given the nature of small-market loyalty...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#35 : November 22, 2006, 02:51:57 AM

Well, it's not the radio's responsibility to be cheerleader--just get ratings. Duemig isn't nearly as bad as Sileo. Did you read the article Sileo wrote for SR? There was a real backlash to that.  What about the "fighting steroids"?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 22, 2006, 07:58:24 AM

1. He's from the U. 2. He's an ass & a jerk. 3. He's from the U.

There are some jerks that went to the U, but not everyone that went to the U is a jerk...just wanted to get that out there...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

psymun

Starter
#37 : November 22, 2006, 11:43:38 AM

So UMGuy... What has Al Davis done without GruAllen?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 22, 2006, 11:50:23 AM

So UMGuy... What has Al Davis done without GruAllen?

Same thing he did with them, not win a Super Bowl?

According to Al Davis the NFL hates him. *All_da_way puts on tin foil hat 30 degrees to the right of his head*  :D

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 22, 2006, 12:00:40 PM

BucsGuru, Jon Gruden's mom does visit the site - uses screen name Grusome as I recall.

Your effort to be sarcastic or funny missed it's mark.  But it is nice that someone posted who is in agreement with UMGuy1999.  Need a link to the Falcons board?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 22, 2006, 12:03:48 PM

So no mater what we have to love Gruden?  Get over it, being a fan has nothing to do with likeing the head coach, just like being against the War doesn't mean you hate the troops or the USA. There are a lot of die hard Gruden fans who can't see the guy does not have the temperment for a HC, he would be a great OC under a strong HC who would put him in his place when he puts his ego ahead of him brain. I don't like him as a head coach I think the players don't put it all on th line for him and most don't truly trust him as a man. That is just my opinion.

Keep thinking that. This MB is for all to spit the hate at the HC, it's all good.

Gruden has proven over and over that he's a very good HC. Over the past 6 years he's won the division 4 times and also a SB. Oh but to you he doesn't have the temperment to be a HC.

The players are putting all out on line, they like Gruden. You can go through each team and find players that don't like the HC, it is what it is.

It's cool if you don't like Gruden, no big deal. For the most part on this MB you'll find people who will lay blame when it's warrented, not just because.

Face it, you don't like Gruden. He can do no right in your eyes and that's fine, just admit that.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#41 : November 22, 2006, 02:22:14 PM

My point was not that AL Davis was a great Owner, my point was simple..CHECKS AND BALANCES...we have none now. I am not saying bring back McCay I am saying Gruden needs to have a Boss and the Glazers know nothing about football. He won 4 divisions, but only 1 with Allen (and not AL Davis) and look at where the team is now compared to last season, yeah the schedule is more difficult, but IMO the defensive players are no longer willing to put it all on the line for the guy. CLayton and Caddy were great rookie players but have not stepped it up either.
As far as giving Gruden all the credit for talking Clayton and Caddy, the fact is by the time we picked they were both the best available players of their position at the time we picked.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 22, 2006, 02:45:32 PM

the Glazers know nothing about football.

You are absolutely, completely, totally, dead flat wrong on that. Period. The Glazer sons know nothing about football? You don't know the Glazer sons.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 22, 2006, 02:58:29 PM

Keep thinking that. This MB is for all to spit the hate at the HC, it's all good.

No, he's wrong, the MB is to hug Gruden all the time. Never to question what he's doing. Gosh, why won't he just get that message?

I find it both but more on the bash Gruden for everything.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools