Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another 3rd and 5 and Gruden sucks again on play calling. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

4bucs

Hall of Famer

« #30 : October 08, 2006, 05:04:55 PM »

the play calling at the end sucked,2nd and 4 and you throw a bomb to Galloway...gimmee a break,their tongues were hanging out .We should have swept one way and if we don't make it come right back with a bootleg ,their defense was spent....absolutely stupid play calling at the end.

Oh and by the way when the hell are we gonna get a friggin call,the Tackle defending Rice had his hands in his face all damn game.

On the other hand what a great job Gruden did to get Grads up tp speed...a tip of the hat Jon.....nobodys perfect but the last 2 games your play calling at criticlew times really sucked,but if we didn't have so many criticle drops the play calling wouldn't have mattered.

Sorry for **CENSORED**ing but we really should be 2 and 2 .....very frustrating.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #31 : October 08, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »

They were playing the safeties down and stacking the box-- Caddy got stuffed alot in obvious running downs and did much better on proposed passing downs-- it was 4 down territory-- likely should have tried to run with 3 downs to make that but if that ball is thrown long enough it was 6 Galloway was open in one on one coverage you have to try nthat if it presents itself the goal is to score. Cant fault that if it is executed now can you. H ewould have been a hero if Grads can make that throw---but there was toomuch pressure and he couldn't step into it-- the others were obvious check downs by Grads cause nothing was there-- put it this way hindsight makes it all 20/20.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #32 : October 08, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »

The game sucked because the BUcs suck.

Period.

The ST coach needs to get another job asap.

The refs need to get glasses and some reflexes.

Gruden called some dumb ass plays.  In critical areas of the game.  It was obvious.

The entire Bucs season is lost.  Any faith in the team now?

Yeah...they are gonna finish 8 and 8 now....please.

This is a three win season, TOPS, if I ever saw one.

The BUcs are the second worst team in Football right now.  The Raiders are #1 in that area.

If Joey Porter were still playing the Raiders might have a win...unlike us Buc fans.

This is the absolute truth:  As much as we love the Bucs, we are a GOD AWFUL football team right now.  And the Refs suck my stinking butt for that call on Joey G.  BS man.

Oh and four, and staring down Oh and five.

The BUcs will be lucky to win a few games this year.

And when (if) that happens, don't celebrate too loudly.  We might lose the number 1 overall.

I am sad to be a Bucs fan today.  What a fall from grace.  I thought I felt bad for Jeb, but not really.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #33 : October 08, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »

Like said many times before, you cannot expect Jon to call a perfect game every single time. The offense can only do so much and the defense and ST has to do their jobs as well. As for CAddy not getting the ball on that last drive, remember that the Saints were watching run the whole time and that they were blowing up plays in the backfield when that happened. BUCFAN4LIFE's post pretty much says everything about that last drive.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 08, 2006, 06:05:01 PM »

Boid, calm the fk down bro.  Were you too drunk to see ANY positives today?  Bruce looked damn good and so did Caddy

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #35 : October 08, 2006, 06:12:07 PM »

Boid, calm the fk down bro.  Were you too drunk to see ANY positives today?  Bruce looked damn good and so did Caddy

Caddy looked good in what Dal likes to call "Bursts".  He did not pick up hefty yardage unless it was in HUGE chunks. 

Grads did look good, I was very impressed. 

But the STS, as I stated in my hateful thread, cost us that game.  As did that poor call on Joey G, IMO.

I like to reflect on positives after wins, not losses.  I cannot take losses no matter what the "Positives" are, no matter how much Grey Goose Kool aid I ingest, in a good way.  It ruins my entire week listening to chump stains.

Win or go home. 

The Bucs are 0-4.  Oh and FOUR!!!! That is about as bad as it gets, and that has encompassed four weeks of our lives.  Why be happy about the future?

I dig what Grads did today, but the Bucs still lost.  One way or another.  And I cannot stand the though of waiting another 30 or so games before the Bucs "Hit Stride".  Life is short.

Win now, or you suck.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #36 : October 08, 2006, 06:15:30 PM »

You know?

Kind of like the Yankees.

You build a bunch of expectations, and then you suck.

It hurts to lose, no matter where you are from.  The Bucs lost, they got the shaft, they suck.

Oh and 4 means they are horrid.  Period.  No calming down about that.  If anything, it gives me nightmares, I am that big a fan....

I cannot take losing well.  Ever. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #37 : October 08, 2006, 09:55:40 PM »

The bad call was the 2nd and 4 when they called the deep pass that was almost intercepted.   They ended up having to go for it on 4th down and didn't get it. That was because of a 10 yard penalty, but they were going good at 2nd and 4 and just needed to go maybe 10 or 20 yards further to get in FG range to tie the game and I thought that was a good time to run the ball.  Instead Gruden went for the home run. That was a bad call.

Pious12

Practice Squad

« #38 : October 08, 2006, 09:58:41 PM »

It's pretty sad that a lot of people on this board assume that whoever the pass is completed to is the #1 guy the play is designed for!!

We don't have the playcalls so all we do is assume (and we're usually wrong).  Was Alex Smith the main target on that play...or was everybody else covered???  Give Gruden more credit guys...I doubt the purpose of that play was to hit Smith on a 2 yard out.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #39 : October 08, 2006, 10:01:06 PM »

It sure stinks to be 0-4.

WILLBLEE

Starter

« #40 : October 08, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »

Actually, it's depressing.

It sure stinks to be 0-4.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

« #41 : October 09, 2006, 01:15:26 AM »

and why do we go into a shell at the end of the first half,we get the ball on the 30 yard line with 140 left on the clock ,wheres the gar damned 2 minute drill,at the end of both halfs Gruden gets a brain cramp with his play calling.I love Gruden but right now hes in a slump,the poor tackling on Dee and his lousey play calling cost us this game,not to mention kicking the ball to Bush at the end instead of kicking it out of bounds....thats bad special teams coaching and gos right back to Gruden for keeping this stiff Bisacia.Does anyone know why the hell this guy is still here,hes the worst period.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another 3rd and 5 and Gruden sucks again on play calling. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools