Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cheating at UF should the school be shut down? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 13, 2007, 07:20:44 PM

This is a personal attack:

"It's good to see ray back. The gators must have beat the seminoles last weekend or something."

A little sensitive there ray.

Your response. Minor in terms of personal attacks, which is why I didn't make a big deal out of it at the time, but personal none the less.

"Olaf - Don't know you or even care to. I have read your work here. Comical at best."

What did you expect to gain from that comment? What purpose did it serve? Why even make it? What good could come out of it?

It was a smartass remark that served no purpose. Just as most of your comments are.

And yes, what I said back was not personal. I don't know you nor do I care to. Just as anyone else over the internet. Sorry, not into that type of thing. Nothing personal.

It was a joke ray.  Just like you posting Chase Daniel eating a booger right after I commented on him being a candidate for Heisman.  Just like You posting a photoshop deal of Schiano stabbing a Bull.  Just like your turnstile fsu oline pick, etc.

I rest my case.  It's all fine and good as long as no one does anything like that with you.

You called my posts comical.  That's the personal part.  The other part's a fact.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#46 : December 13, 2007, 07:28:33 PM

This is a personal attack:

"It's good to see ray back. The gators must have beat the seminoles last weekend or something."

A little sensitive there ray.

Your response. Minor in terms of personal attacks, which is why I didn't make a big deal out of it at the time, but personal none the less.

"Olaf - Don't know you or even care to. I have read your work here. Comical at best."

What did you expect to gain from that comment? What purpose did it serve? Why even make it? What good could come out of it?

It was a smartass remark that served no purpose. Just as most of your comments are.

And yes, what I said back was not personal. I don't know you nor do I care to. Just as anyone else over the internet. Sorry, not into that type of thing. Nothing personal.

It was a joke ray.  Just like you posting Chase Daniel eating a booger right after I commented on him being a candidate for Heisman.  Just like You posting a photoshop deal of Schiano stabbing a Bull.  Just like your turnstile fsu oline pick, etc.

I rest my case.  It's all fine and good as long as no one does anything like that with you.

You called my posts comical.  That's the personal part.  The other part's a fact.

They are comical, just as you stated.  I do laugh every time I read them, so why is that personal?  Should be a compliment.  You said you job was to entertain, no?

You weren't joking, as evidenced by your insistence to always come at me with "you came back only after UF beat FSU I wonder why"  You make a stupid assumption and given the real reason it pissed me off. 

I really wasn't going to share but screw it.  You want to know why I am here?  Right before Thanksgiving my wife left to go to Virginia to be with her father who is terminal.  She took my  2 and a half year old with her.  I had to stay here to work and pay bills.  It's just me and my dog here.  Therefore I have a lot of time on my hands where I didn't before.  She'll likely stay there through Christmas or until he dies, whichever comes first.  I'll head up right around Christmas when I take vacation. 

Not that any of that is your concern, but that is why I am posting here not any stupid game. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 13, 2007, 07:42:15 PM

ray I'm sorry about your personal issue.  It's not fun to go through anything like that. 

However, I don't know you (as you said) and I am not psychic so I couldn't know anything about any of that.  I don't know that the assumption would be stupid considering the logistics and timing of your return.  My comment was a joke and the next post I made (or the next, but right there) was that if it was a coincidence then fine.  I never made a personal attack.  You made a joke just before my initial post in regards to a comment I made concerning Chase Daniels and my opinions on him as a Heisman candidate.  You've made other negative personal comments directed at me in instances that you weren't even directly involved with the conversation/debate at hand.

I have no problem staying away from personal attacks.  I very seldom throw them out and almost always in response to ones hurled at me.  You do the same and it'll be all good.

I've unfortunately had to deal with several deaths in the past few months myself so I can understand the stress.
I wish you and your family the best in this tough time.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#48 : December 13, 2007, 07:46:45 PM

Duly noted.

I did try several times to explain that it wasn't because of the game though and you wouldn't listen and continued to bring it up. That is what irked me. 

Also my Daniels comment wasn't directed at you in any way, it was just a funny video I came across.  I didn't show you picking a booger or anything!  ;)

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 13, 2007, 08:17:17 PM

I am glad that things were finaly able to get discussed.  Now maybe all parties involved can get onto more important debates.  While my main goal in creating this topic was to joke about the FSU one I truely wanted to just squash the entire arguement.  FSU's athletic department may or may not have known exactly what was going down.  I personally hope that it turns out to be true and their program is punished only because it will help USF grow that much more.  I know people that are going to FSU so I hope they are not involved. 

Ray I will admit that a specific person follows you around and trys to make UF out to be a bad program.  Any fan of USF can only hope that we are one day on the same level year in and year out as UF.  I would like to think we are getting there.  It is hard hearing people bash USF all the time because of a few fans that appeared when the Bulls made their rise this season.  The only reason I even joined in on the FSU thread was because of the facts USF started to get drug under the rug after a simple comment by a USF fan that had nothing to do with USF. 

I really hope that all parties involved can now move onto actual discussion.  Things such as this are healthy when talked out and handled in a proper manner.  This is my truths, everybody made mistakes including me and I will admit I handled it wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 13, 2007, 08:31:58 PM

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like a Dr. Phil episode?  ;D

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#51 : December 13, 2007, 08:33:13 PM

I am glad that things were finaly able to get discussed.  Now maybe all parties involved can get onto more important debates.  While my main goal in creating this topic was to joke about the FSU one I truely wanted to just squash the entire arguement.  FSU's athletic department may or may not have known exactly what was going down.  I personally hope that it turns out to be true and their program is punished only because it will help USF grow that much more.  I know people that are going to FSU so I hope they are not involved. 

Ray I will admit that a specific person follows you around and trys to make UF out to be a bad program.  Any fan of USF can only hope that we are one day on the same level year in and year out as UF.  I would like to think we are getting there.  It is hard hearing people bash USF all the time because of a few fans that appeared when the Bulls made their rise this season.  The only reason I even joined in on the FSU thread was because of the facts USF started to get drug under the rug after a simple comment by a USF fan that had nothing to do with USF. 

I really hope that all parties involved can now move onto actual discussion.  Things such as this are healthy when talked out and handled in a proper manner.  This is my truths, everybody made mistakes including me and I will admit I handled it wrong.

I have never been shy to give USF credit when credit is due.  I generally only bash USF when someone attacks me or UF.  Then, it is fair game IMO. 

Just remember, part of the reason for the rise of FSU (maybe the most prominent one) was UF going on Probation in the 80's.  Lack of scholarships and penalties on the school led to many players who would have went to UF going to FSU.  Thus, FSU was born. 

IF FSU goes under any type of sanctions, be it scholarship limitations, probation, bowls, etc. it can only lead to further development of the USF program.  Not all these players can go to UF, and not all want to leave the state.  Miami is in shambles also and USF is attractive and up and coming. 

USF has really picked the perfect time to start their rise into national prominence.  With FSU and Miami going through struggles now is the time for USF to swoop in and build upon the foundation already set.  The Big East is a solid conference but really lacks a national powerhouse blocking USF from taking charge.  With continued advancement with recruiting USF can easily take over with the wealth of great athletes in FL. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cheating at UF should the school be shut down? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools