Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Buc team in history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: December 11, 2006, 09:14:26 AM

Well, the 2006 Buccaneers are right up there.

Amazingly, this football team is a 62 yd FG and a phantom roughing the passer call from being 1-12.
OR, a negated INT TD against ATL, a 4th down stop against CAR, and a PR against Nawlins from being 6-7.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 09:11:59 AM

It does rank right up there especially with those 85-86 season when we had a very good running back but no offense period.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 11, 2006, 09:10:22 AM

Well, the 2006 Buccaneers are right up there.

Amazingly, this football team is a 62 yd FG and a phantom roughing the passer call from being 1-12.

This bunch ranks right up there with the worst Buccaneer teams ever.

So let's discuss the best of the worst....

5. 1991 - 3-13 Richard Williamson is named head coach (who? Yeah, we all said the same thing as well), and then fired...all within 12 months time. It was amazing the Buccaneers managed to beat 3 teams that season.

4. 1983 - 2-14 The Bucs go 4-0 in the pre-season, 2-14 in the regular season.

3. 1985-86 - 4-28 - Bo Jackson tells the Bucs that he does not want to play for Tampa Bay and will never sign here, the Bucs draft him anyway...and he never signs with Tampa Bay. Leeman "The Lemon" Bennett, puts together two of the worst Buccaneer teams in history before Hugh Cheapazzhouse fires the Lemon for "his Vince Lombardi" - Ray Perkins.

2. 1977 - 2-12
A continuation of the horrid football from the 76...but after 26 consecutive defeats - the Tampa Bay Buccaneers finally found victory in the Bayou, beating the Saints. New Orleans coach Hank Stram was promptly fired after losing to Tampa Bay.

AND THE WORST BUCS TEAM EVER.....

WHO ELSE COULD IT BE BUT....
1. 1976 - 0-14
The inaugural Bucs were one of the worst football teams in the modern era, especially on offense. Coach John McKay was asked about his team's execution, he said he was in favor of it.

Interesting thing that will bake your noodle....

None of Ray Perkins' or Sam Wyche's teams ever lost more than 11 games in a season....

Yikes, fellow Buc fans...just yikes....

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2006, 10:07:41 AM

Worse coaching this year than those.. except that 86 team.

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2006, 09:51:34 AM

There not the worst yet... but there is still 3 games left to play, so they can change my mind real quick. I'm waiting for Gruden to say they're the best 3-10 team in NFL history.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 11, 2006, 09:52:19 AM

What makes this team "worse" isn't talent. I think 2006 whips all of those teams. What makes it so bad is that those teams we all knew would stink on ice. This unit was coming off 11-5 and was expected to "develop" and totally laid an egg.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

goto11

Starter
#6 : December 11, 2006, 11:00:13 AM

The 1986 team was worse than then 1976 team if you take into account how the expansion team was built and what each team had to work with.  Leeman Bennett somehow managed to choke away Steve Young and James Wilder in the same season.  What a lost opportunity that year was to build the foundation for a good team.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 11, 2006, 12:14:19 PM

This team, ranks next to 2003 as the "Most Disappointing" if not actually the worst Bucs teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

panchovilla

Rookie

#8 : December 11, 2006, 12:36:53 PM

Worst team ever, bar none.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : December 11, 2006, 12:40:19 PM

I agree with dal here. This is the most dissapointing Bucs team. It is one thing if you think the team will be bad. It is quite another if you expect good things, or at least a non losing record and you get a huge losing record and a horrible offense. We aren't even really "in" games. The games are pretty much over before they start.

The talent in some places is here too. It makes things very puzzling.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 11, 2006, 12:40:30 PM

This team, ranks next to 2003 as the "Most Disappointing" if not actually the worst Bucs teams.

I think the 1983 team was far more disappointing.   We had just made the playoffs the year before and alot of people were picking us to win the superbowl that year (including Len Dawson on inside the NFL).   We went 2-14.   That year we had more talent than this year as well.   Jack Thompson was just too bad at QB.   Nobody was picking us to win the superbowl prior to this season.   Gradkowski is perhaps the worst starting QB we've had here in Tampa since Thompson.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 11, 2006, 01:48:11 PM

1983 we came off a strike seaosn and were like 5-4 so I'm not sure how expectations were way up.  Williams had left and no one thought Thompson was a good QB. 1983 was his career year in the NFL.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 11, 2006, 02:50:57 PM

I think expectations have great weight when talking about the greatness or weakness of a team. The teams twenty-five, thirty years ago; they didn't have great expectations placed upon them to succeed as much as the current Buccaneers team. That's my opinion, of course.

Bucnation619

Second String

#13 : December 11, 2006, 09:13:52 PM

bucs not worse in history!!  bucs win 3 game!! it not bad!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 11, 2006, 09:19:33 PM

1983 we came off a strike seaosn and were like 5-4 so I'm not sure how expectations were way up. Williams had left and no one thought Thompson was a good QB. 1983 was his career year in the NFL.

All true, but those were the expectations of most, I recall them clearly as for once I was not a member of most and was right.  Not a frequent occurence.  I did enjoy then as I was not yet a big bucs fan, and those that I knew were then were very overbearing. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Buc team in history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools