Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Buc team in history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : December 11, 2006, 10:10:07 PM

bucs not worse in history!! bucs win 3 game!! it not bad!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 11, 2006, 10:12:49 PM

1983 we came off a strike seaosn and were like 5-4 so I'm not sure how expectations were way up. Williams had left and no one thought Thompson was a good QB. 1983 was his career year in the NFL.

We had a heckuva team back then.  LeeRoy, Hugh Green, Wilder, Kevin House, Giles, etc.   The only loss was Williams.   We had won the division in 81 and made the playoffs in 82 (strike season).   It seemed like time for us to break out.   We traded a first round pick for Thompson who had been a top 5 draft pick a couple of years prior and was backing up Ken Anderson in Cincy.    We then went undefeated in the preseason which made people think we weren't going to miss Williams.   Then we were beaten basically every week.   That was the most disappointing season by far, I had far lower expectations for us this season than back in 83.

This one is disappointing, but when Simms went down I really didn't expect us to win more than a few games.   I think Simms would have turned it around and we would have ended up 7-9 with him.   Which is about the record that should have been expected given the schedule.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 11, 2006, 10:21:53 PM

This season was almost as disappointing as the 83 season. However this year I thought Chris Simms had turned the corner and after that 1st week, I knew we were in deep doodoo. So... after that 83 season we were back to being the laughing stock, which if it weren't for the Raiders we would be the total laughing stock of the league.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 11, 2006, 10:29:13 PM

However this year I thought Chris Simms had turned the corner and after that 1st week, I knew we were in deep doodoo.

I think Gruden made a big mistake not playing Simms more in the preseason.   I still think he would have turned the corner in a few games had he not gotten hurt.  Gruden also was calling those idiotic 3 step drop passes which mysteriously disappeared from the playbook when Gradkowski came in.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : December 11, 2006, 10:36:26 PM

However this year I thought Chris Simms had turned the corner and after that 1st week, I knew we were in deep doodoo.

I think Gruden made a big mistake not playing Simms more in the preseason.   I still think he would have turned the corner in a few games had he not gotten hurt.  Gruden also was calling those idiotic 3 step drop passes which mysteriously disappeared from the playbook when Gradkowski came in.

You hit the nail on the head, I never did figure out why he was calling those, it was almost like he was setting Simms up to fail.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : December 11, 2006, 10:40:15 PM

JAVA---too bad you missed this weeks game--you woukd have loved all the alumni there. Had them introduced at halftime, over 100 of them. Too bad some of them didn't suit up!

Bucnation619

Second String

#21 : December 11, 2006, 10:47:01 PM

huh????????? wtf u say?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : December 11, 2006, 11:07:51 PM

huh????????? wtf u say?
Try english.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 11, 2006, 11:55:47 PM

JAVA---too bad you missed this weeks game--you woukd have loved all the alumni there. Had them introduced at halftime, over 100 of them. Too bad some of them didn't suit up!

I wouldn't have recognized any of them anyway.   I didn't jump on the bandwagon until we won the superbowl in 2002.   

But seriously, I heard that Wilder and Gruber were not there.  That's a shame, they are 2 of the best ever.   I'm looking forward to the pictures.

goto11

Starter
#24 : December 12, 2006, 12:00:01 AM

I thought Wilder was there but Gruber definitely wasn't.  I posted a message earlier asking why he missed.  Seems like a pretty big hole in the alumni roste with him missing.

#25 : October 18, 2009, 11:27:38 AM

Worse coaching this year than those.. except that 86 team.

How does the coaching suit you now, Corpse?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 18, 2009, 11:29:36 AM

2009 is by far the worst Buc team in history.  Maybe not the worst talent, but worst coached for sure.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 18, 2009, 12:10:27 PM

2009 is by far the worst Buc team in history.  Maybe not the worst talent, but worst coached for sure.

2006 was worst coached actually but Monte earned his keep by pulling that unit together down the stretch.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 18, 2009, 12:47:28 PM

No way was 2006 worse coached than this 2009 train wreck.    Monte was better than Bates (and Morris) and Gruden was better than Olson (and Morris).

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 18, 2009, 01:53:12 PM

Please the Leeman Bennett and Richard Williamson teams were horribly coached teams.   This year may catch them though.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Buc team in history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools